CLOSED: 2015 Mug Swap Reveal/Show Us Your Uglee Mug

Winnetka, CA

Alikat... I have seen the hummers do that. Our neighbor used to have a stand of cypress trees... they were always full of spider webs... we would sit in the yard and watch them stealing the trapped bugs. I think sometimes they grabbed the spiders as well. The neighbor took down the cypress trees... too many critters living in them... he said it was a virtual zoo...caused him too many problems. We have a real problem with tree rats here... they live in the trees and come out at night and run along the walls that separate the properties. It's a food highway for tree rats, possums and squirrels who alternately steal fruit from all the fruit trees and goodies from the gardens, along with bird seed. It's really become a challenge to garden for food. Mostly now, I garden for the pollinators. It's heart breaking to see your prize tomatoes be ravished by the critters! -:)

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

What are tree rats?

I was chatting wit Amanda yesterday. She was at the library using wifi. She is still having problems logging into DG.
She said to tell you all hello.

Winnetka, CA

Linda... they are large gray rats that live and hide in the trees, in ivy and under the raised foundations of houses here in Socal. I don't know if they are native or were brought here, but they are a terrible nuisance. They get into attics too... they are very destructive and will eat everything in sight.

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

EEEEEEWWWWW! on the Tree Rats. I don't even like the tiny mice we have here.

I have never heard of rats like that. I think I would put some poison in the trees. Or get a good pellet gun.

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Target practice sounds good to me LK!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I have had a wonderful cup of coffee with my new cup, the philo is resting in the tall mug right now, and the glads are up that you sent, Candice. :)

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

Jist received a box from Sue! She sent a beautiful "GOOD FRIENDS ARE LIKE BRAS" CUP! Also a bamboo wind chime, a chocolate candy which is a scented candle, Cappuccino Mocha, Nature Valley Oats 'n Honey, Peanut Chews and a bag of Skittles! And of course my camera decides it dosnt want ta work in the heat. Surprised the candy made it intact in our 94 degree heat today!

Peanut Chews used to be my all time fav candy, Sue dear, but I checked the box twice and could not find the plastic teeth..........so I guess I have to give them to the kids!!!!

Thank you so much!!!!

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Yuck and scary on the tree rats! I can't imagine having to watch out for those!

Deb....I can't believe the bulbs are already up for you! YAHOO!

I've been using my coke insulated mug every day....and thinking of my great swap partners!

Tell Amanda hi for me too! We miss her!

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

Where did everybody go? are we done yet?

No, still waiting on several to get mugs. I think summer got in the way.

Amanda, I know you can't see this, as you are having problems logging into DG, but I want to say Thanks for the awesome box of goodies you sent.

I got a beautiful mug, that says Good morning sunshine, a box of thin mints tea, which is awesome, and a tin of one my favorite snacks. The clear cup says North Carolina Botanical gardens, and the last mug is one I will share next year. She got it in last years swap. I love the pig!
Thanks a again for all you sent.

Now, according to the list at the top, it looks like there are several others that have not received their mugs.

Come on ladies, we can do this.

Better late than never!

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55
Winnetka, CA

Nice box of goodies Linda...

Funny I just checked in this morning to the thread and was wondering if everyone had received their goodies... glad to see your post. -:) The Uglee Muglee Swap is alive and well!!

I second Linda's encouraging words... "Come on ladies, we can do this."
I am anxious to see everyones uglee muglees!! Nancy

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

I will send your message to Amanda Linda.

Thanks Minnie, she knows, I have been talking to her on Facebook.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Me too :) thats how I hit her up last night. Lol

:)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Holy cow! I am just now back on the site after months of off and on trying on different machines with the wrong password and trying (randomly) to get help from admin. I asked and they finally just sent me a new password.

So so so sorry to drop out like that. I have been through several life changes successively and some happened all at once. I will read thru this thread tonight and see where we stand.

Thank you to LK and Stephanie for helping me stay in touch a bit thru FB. Oy, I'm glad THAT'S over. Hahahaha. I'm home.

More later.

A.

Winnetka, CA

Glad to see you posting again Amanda.... hope all is well now. We missed you! Nancy

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Back! Not caught up yet. LK let me know weeks ago that it seemed we were still open ended on some of our mug trades. Let's get to the bottom of this! Haha. We've never had a mug trade at Christmas time. Let's close this thread out soon.

Hope by the weekend I will be up to date and check in again on anyone who has yet to send/receive their package.

Thanks again for all your help and patience (if you still have some to spare!).

A.

Hey stranger!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Alright Folks!

I vowed this morning to set this thread right.

Am not going to post all the hiccups I've had this year 'cause it's a pretty boring story, but the consistent thing in my world is my collection of mugs from our DG trades. I use one every day, and each one is as special as the next.

I hope everyone has enjoyed theirs half as much!

I updated the original post and looks like everyone got their mugz so I will close this thread. Thanks for playing.

To all a good night and felicidades!
xo
A.

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq Thumbnail by AmandaEsq Thumbnail by AmandaEsq

Hey Amanda. Love the pictures.
Merry Christmas.

I always enjoy this swap. I hope you do it again next year.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Thanks LK.

I recall it's a slow time of year for DG what with all of us dancing around the solstice fires tonight.

Pic up there of me with my protective head gear at one of my jobs where we sell Christmas trees. How much fun to get paid to play with a chain saw and inhale the scent of fir trees. :)

Have a good night. How's the weather in TX by the way? We are due for rain this week and near 80 degrees on Friday/Christmas. Not normal, needless to say, but I don't miss the cold.

A.

We are having about the same weather.

75 today.

I love the smell of fresh cut trees!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Quote from AliKat32 :
Deb......I'm so glad everything made it without breaking or melting! :)

I have had to hide the piggies cuz Joanna wants them so bad, and the coffee mug about the tea bag is a favorite at work. I wish everyone that was on this swap had come into the 2016 swap. I miss a lot of you..

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

These trades have been a lot of fun, and I hope everyone treasures their "stuff" like I do. I think of you all often and hope all is well!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

p.s. anyone can search DG for "mug swap" etc., to find these threads as I have "tagged" them. It helps to look back at the old ones when working on the new!

I love the swaps, and I love all that I get in them.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Loved the swap. Thanks Amanda

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.