CLOSED: 2015 Mug Swap Reveal/Show Us Your Uglee Mug

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Eeeek! Nanny I love my mug. How sweet! I like to tell people that friendships are like flowers and need to be nurtured.

Thank you thank you thank you!

Excited to know there's more on the way. Haha.

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

How cool is that mug!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

that is awesome! I Love it. My box goes out tomorrow, Kat. I know you got the first mug, but you're getting another box this week.

Ocean Springs, MS

Nanny, what a beautiful mug! Excited to see what else you get!

Leaving TN tomorrow. Don't want to but I have things at home that must be done.

Y'all have a beautiful day.

Have a safe trip!

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

So glad it made it ok Amanda.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Debra, I will let you know when I get it.

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Love the flower pot mug! What a great idea!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

My box will be going out to my partner tomorrow. No chocolate! Wah.

On the bright side, I used my flower pot mug today, my new favorite. How delightful. Thanks again Nanny. Don't know how you find the time. ;)

Here's an image from a participant in our rain garden initiative for Friends of Bolin Creek in Carrboro NC...

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Okay. I have edited original post to show who has sent and received. As usual I am on the naughty list. Haha! Oops. Not so funny. Will make it up with a supercool package. I hope.

Thanks everybody for playing. My favorite annual event and the mug swap never disappoints. :)

xox

Thank goodness for Internet shopping! I fell in love with the Flower pot mug when I saw it, it just seemed appropriate for the occasion.

it is a very cool mug, Annette. Amanda, you know I look forward to this swap every year. Thanks for hosting it again. You rock.

I have two boxes going out, one from here, and one from mail order. They should arrive in a few days.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Annette it's one of those things I would have had to buy two of if I were shoping for a gift (one for me!)! :)

I am still considering getting one for myself! I saved it to my shopping cart, lol. I found a blue one that says "Bloom where you are planted", that I liked too.

Ocean Springs, MS

Nancy, thank you so much for the box of goodies.. and I mean tasteful goodies, too! Got a bag of coffee beans (sorry it's not in the pic, but I already put it up), a bag of yummy Dark Chocolate Berry trail mix, and a cute whimsical Chesire cat mug. The cat disappears when the mug is hot! How cute! My daughter loves Alice in Wonderland and she is fighting me for the mug. She wakes before I do for college, so she will probably be "stealing" it if I don't hide it from her! :)
Once again, thank you so much! We (me and my daughter) love everything! ♥

Thumbnail by froggies_girl

Love that mug.

Great mug Julie. I love the Cheshire Cat in Alice in Wonderland!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Cool! Chocolate heals up nicely in the freezer. :)

Still on the naughty list here but i got called in to work unexpectedly. I hope to get to the post tomorrow. Dont worry muglee buddy!

xo

Winnetka, CA

Hi Julie....

I am so glad you like everything! My daughter loved the mug also - as did everyone who saw it... I had to keep it tucked away while I was looking for the other items so it wouldn't find a new home.... -:) I thought it was very unique and hoped you would like it. Seemed like something that would bring a smile....

I was shopping in a store that I knew sold trail mix and happened to see the trail mix with the dark chocolate... I remembered you posting that you liked dark chocolate and trail mix... so it seemed like a win-win... I wrapped it with the ice pack as tightly as I could and sent it 3 day instead of 5 hoping it would arrive in good condition, but as Amanda said... chocolate always rallies in the freezer if need be.

The coffee came from 'Pie Hole' which is a lovely coffee shop in Santa Monica that makes their own fresh pies daily and is so popular that it's hard to purchase their bagged coffee because they run out of it so quickly. I was pleased that I was able to obtain some and I hope you enjoy it. It's one of those local gems that everyone frequents and everything is always fresh and wonderful! I picked some up for myself when I was there!

Glad you liked your box of goodies Julie... -:) Nancy

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

I received my other box from Debra today It had the greatest brown, heavy mug with also had candy in it. A bag with tea bags in it. That is great with this cool and rainy weather that I have been having. Also 3 packs of seeds, a pomegranate mask and deep therapy gloves for my hands. How did you know my carpel tunnel was really bothering me. Thanks so much Debra. Love it all. Pics on my phone so will see if I can get it posted at work tomorrow.

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

WHEW! So glad I am not the only one on the naughty list. I got everything packed, but have not been able to get out. I just got a new (to me) 2 month old baby, who screams everytime she looks at me. (that what it seems like) I call her SCREAMING MINI. So no one wants to watch her while I run to the store. I promise it will go in the mail Monday.

Winnetka, CA

I received two amazing packages from my swap partner Linda...

The first one came from 6 Depot Roastery and contained two bags of wonderful dark roast coffee... "Heart of Darkness (Brazilian) and Blue Velvet (Ethiopian). Yay!! I can't wait to try them! Perfect choices Linda!!

My second box arrived this evening and boy was it full of goodies....there were two cute mugs... the first was from Leanin Tree and had a cute pic of a woman sitting down with the caption "I do all my important stuff at the same time each day... the last minute", and a second mug which proclaims me as an honorary Texan... and says "as an honorary Texan you are entitled to drink longnecks and have a boot-stomping' good time. You are required to love bar-b-que, country music and share the great hospitality of the Lone Star State. Sadly this mug was cracked on one side... (not your fault Linda.... the box was carefully packed... it must have been dropped) but I can still put it where I'll enjoy seeing it in my garden window in the kitchen. I was sad to see the crack... -:( poor muglee!
Also in the box was a cute coffee mat for under the coffee-maker and useful for sitting your cup on when you're pouring coffee... nice idea. And.... some amazing dessert and coffee shop cookies from Pepperidge Farm.... (who doesn't LOVE their cookies!!) Blueberry cobbler, Dark Chocolate Cheesecake and Banana Nut. I will have trouble sharing these yummy treats... but I'll be good and allow the family to enjoy some!! -:)

Wow Linda... you are AMAZING!! I am so thrilled with my box of goodies... I really am... and just in time for the weekend... thank you so much my muglee friend!! You made my day! Nancy

Thumbnail by NF2932 Thumbnail by NF2932 Thumbnail by NF2932 Thumbnail by NF2932 Thumbnail by NF2932

So sorry the mug was cracked.

Funny thing was, when I was at the post office, I told them it was fragile, and the lady told me if I wanted to insure it as fragile it was going to cost me an additional $10.63. I asked her if the included insurance did not cover what was in the box, and she just stuttered. The other postman told me not to pay for the extra, it is just a scam the post office conjured up, to get more money from us.

Let me know how you like the coffee's.

Linda, I put in a claim last month for a lost/damaged package on line, and they sent me a form and now I just got a check back. If Nancy can take a picture, you can send it in..

I called the post office yesterday about submitting a claim, and I was told I need the receipt. I do not have the receipt.

Winnetka, CA

Linda....

Shipping things is always risky... we never know what will happen to these boxes... I have received many boxes of plants that were clearly marked as such that looked like the UPS/or mail carrier stepped on the box or put another giant box on top of it... it's astounding how crushed they sometimes show up here on my door. I think these folks go on auto pilot and don't read the fragile notes or take note of any 'this side up" notations...and of course everyone is mandated to hurry because they want to ship things quickly for their customers. My mug is still beautiful and I love the Honorary Texan part of it... I will try a little glue on it and see if it will hold liquid and if not, then I will use it in a decorative way... either way it will bring me joy... and as I said before... not your fault... I debated mentioning it because I didn't want to make you feel badly about it. It blesses me just because you chose it and sent it my way... so do not feel bad my friend. I LOVE my mug! Seriously... this swap is one of my favorites and I always get something very special. Your box was so thoughtful and brought a big smile to my face. So take heart in that... no worry about the receipt...

And Debra... thanks for the good thoughts and advice... -:)

Linda... my plan is to work in the garden Saturday morning and I will be opening one of my Six Depot coffees at breakfast... I will sit in the garden window and plan my day... so you'll be hearing from me soon... but based on how great they both smell ... I already know I will love them!

Nancy

Very nice box LK & Nancy

I Love those mugs, and I have never heard of that coffee. I bet you are excited for this weekend, Nancy.

Ocean Springs, MS

Great box of goodies, LK!

I need to get a coffee grinder. I love to grind fresh coffee beans. Smells so good and the taste is so much better!

Headed to pottery this morning! Have a beautiful day! ♥

Don't forget that Joy has the old, new borrowed and blue swap open.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1399051/

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Amanda wanted me to let ya'll know she is having issues logging in via her phone. She will be back (here) as soon as she is able. If you need anything, please let me know and I will relay it to her.
Thanks
Stephanie

Thanks for letting us know Stephanie!

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Hi Everyone,
I've been having fun using my box of goodies!
Everyone loves the coke bottle cup! It's so cute!
I've been able to sip tea in my new tea pot too!
Thanks so much for my great box of goodies Jax! You packed alot of fun inside for me!
Sorry I haven't been around...one of my kitties was diagnosed with a heart issue and we've been in and out of vets offices trying to find the right medicine regime to help her! She's doing a bit better but we have a long way to go!

Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32

Sorry to hear about your kitty, Alikat. Love the goodies.
Amanda your 2nd box is en route, it should arrive on Thursday.

That is a great box of goodies.

Ocean Springs, MS

Great box of goodies, Alikat! Enjoy!

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

I am just glad to see everything arrived intact!

Winnetka, CA

Awesome box of goodies Alikat... so sorry to hear about kitty... good thoughts and prayers headed your way.

Speaking of kitties... my husband was watching a bird dive bomb our outside kitty to steal fur for a nest last Friday... seems late in the year for nest making, but kitty had just come out of the hedge where she hides in the moist soil to stay cool in the afternoon... she was headed up to the front door to see hubby (he was headed out)... he said the bird came up behind the kitty... swooped down and stole a bit of hair ... kitty stopped.... looked around and then kept walking... didn't even seem bothered by it. Nature is interesting if you have the time to stop and observe. -:)

Wishing Amanda luck with the log-on issue. Bummer...

Everyone staying cool? We're in the mid 90's here...

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

HA....that's so funny and cool!
Nature is amazing....at our house....the hummingbird go up to the spider webs and steal bugs from their webs....its so interesting to watch it happen. Seems mean to the spiders but smart of the hummers!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.