Clump Thread

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

We usually have a thread for pictures of more than one bloom on a plant---a clump or even nice shots of two or three blooms. Here's our first clump. It's of Mexicali Miss.

Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Here's Tigerland in a small clump.

Thumbnail by gingerjar
Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Those are nice, I need a few more days. lol. *~*

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Another shot of Tigerland in a four clump
Selma Rose

Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Tigerland is very nice!!!

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

I love Selma Rose!!

1=OCEAN RAINBOW
2=Night Rhythms'

Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I love, love, love Tigerland! Need to get that to go in my future "tiger" bed............... :)

Circle of Friends, Name is buried underneath this clump - think it might be strawberry candy but not sure, Miss Michaels, Mary Reed

Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026
Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Those are wonderful Genna!

1-ORANGE ELECTRIC
2-OCEAN RAINBOW

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

On my June 11 post, I did dig out the tag and it is Strawberry Candy

Susan that Ocean Rainbow is really pretty and that Orange Electric gets your attention!

Autumn Days; Persian Ruby and Sunset Boulevard; Reckless; Janie Wilson double; Garden Palace Beauty

Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026
Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Thank you Genna, I do have some loud ones! Those are all beautiful daylily clumps!

CLAWS OF MOONLIGHT, BOTTLE ROCKET, JUNGLE BUTTERFLY

Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I have Jungle Butterfly and love it............ in fact, I liked it so much, I forgot I had it originally and purchased it again! LOL..... at least they are planted in two totally different locations! :)

Love those first two as well. I just need to go ahead and start a new want list............. :)

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

That is good to plant them in two locations. I did that with single fans I purchased last year and in some cases one rotted and I still had another one! This is the third year for this one and it had seven stems and buds all over the place. It is registered as having only three stems. lol.
Here is one plant that was saved by planting half in a different place. Barefoot Bay. Next is:
COMING ALIVE, PINEAPPLE MOON, SWEET APRICOT HONEY, TAHITIAN SHORES.

*~* Have a great night everyone!

edited to say, I did not realize this was the clump thread, way too tired. Good night!

edited again to say that the third daylily is NOT Pineapple Moon it is Hawaiian Passport, sorry. *~*

This message was edited Jun 16, 2015 8:36 PM

This message was edited Jun 19, 2015 9:10 AM

Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Well, I guess I could lie and say I planned it that way - but it had much more to do with forgetting that I already had it planted the first time! LOL...... but I enjoy it both places so it is fine. I have some that I have lost over the years that I had wished I had put in a second location so I know what you mean.

Those blooms are gorgeous! I like all of them!!

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

LOL! Thanks Genna!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Susan go get the coffee pot out ! Lovely blooms all the way around. I have the mother of two clumps to post this weekend.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Mike, I had to edit that post AGAIN! I put PM for HP, duh. I will look forward to your Mother Clumps!!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Susan, LOL!

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Wow, I was having trouble finding the clump thread! This daylily thread is getting busy, lol.

EDGE OF YOUR SEAT
STONE ISLAND
EMPEROR'S DRAGON
LATIN SATIN
DR JERROLD CORBETT

Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose
Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

MIKE,
Don't forget your Mother Clumps!!

DRUMS ALONG THE MOHAWK
CITRIX
TROPICAL NIGHTS
COMING ALIVE
LONESOME HEARTS

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Lovely, lovely everyone.
The "mother clump" actually two clumps of Black Eyed Stella
Black Eyed Stella - close up
Endless Heart - aka "Earlybird Cardinal".
Catherine Neal - I am beginning to think that this is not CN due to bloom time.
Stella's Ruffled Fingers

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Ellis Powell triplets
Applique triplets
Butterfly Cove tripletsCurious Geprge
Caribbean Whipped Cream

Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Leebea Orange Crush
Bengali Triplets
Bold Move
Cherry Burst triplets
Cosmopolitan

Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Don that's a nice bunch.

(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

Mmm, very nice y'all!

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Nice daylilies y'all! I do like Black Eyed Stella, it is pretty. I have a few that were registered wrong, it said early and they were mid or it say early-mid and it was just mid. Also the bud counts I have had some for three or four years and the bud counts are no where close. lol.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

SPIDERMAN looks very nice in a clump this year.

Thumbnail by hemlady
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Spiderman is a handsome devil. I got him a couple falls ago

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

GALAXY EXPLOSION, NUEVA NOVA, SILOAM JUNE BUG

Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Cindy nice clumps!

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Spider Man has been on my want list but I could not make up my mind between that one and All American Chief. I was about to get a few of the AAC from a seller up north but was afraid the plants would go into shock like the others I got. I think they were just too small for the heat here.

Cindy, your clump is beautiful. :)

Here are a few of mine from the past week. LATIN SATIN, ANIAKCHAK, EMPEROR'S DRAGON, BUTTERFLY MOUNTAIN, DR JERROLD CORBETT

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

MORE.....

DRUMS ALONG THE MOHAWK, JUNGLE BUTTERFLY, MANGO NECTAR, EDGE OF YOUR SEAT, STONE ISLAND

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

MORE.....

CITRIX, TROPICAL NIGHTS,

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks Mike and Susan!!!

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Spacecoast Two Eyed Jack
Porcelaine Ruffles
Zip Boom Bah
Apple Swirl
Barney--should be a little more purple

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Thunder Patch
Only in America
Sophia's Love
Sink Into Your Eyes
Belle Cook

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Zip Boom Bah is stunning. Mine isn't a large enough clump yet to look like that.

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

We got it at a regional meeting a few years ago as a gift plant when we were visiting one of the gardens. I was one of the last to get a piece, and it was unbelievably tiny. When I fussed a little, I was told, "Well if you can't grow that, you're not worth your salt." Guess I'm at least worth a sprinkle.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

LOL.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

DALLAS STAR, MOKAN BUTTERFLY, RUFFLES A LA MODE

Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady
Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Cindy, I love RUFFLES A LA MODE, how stunning! It looks a little like my DIFFERENT DIRECTION but my daylily does not bloom that good, maybe next year. Here is one of the flowers but so far only about 6 flowers last year and this year. I WANT A CLUMP!!!

(clearing throat)... here is DIFFERENT DIRECTION and a few from this morning.

Next is FRANK'S STAR OF BETHLEHEM, CORRYTON PINK, CRAZY IVAN, TOM POUCE

This message was edited Jul 29, 2015 8:17 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.