Garden Party Volunteer needed!!!!

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Holly, I like Sept 19. too. Is that an off work Sat for you Sally?

Last year's swap was sept 13 so this date would only be a week later

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Sept 19 works for Pat and me.

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

Sept 19 works for me too.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

I work Sep 19, not sure I would take leave for this but you can't all plan around me only, of course.

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

We can't have a swap without Sally G!

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

We can send Bruno to have a "conservation" with Sally's boss to "clarify" her schedule. ;-)

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Haha!

So it sounds like someone will miss any date we pick. Holly and Ric will miss 8/29, Jill will miss 9/12, and Sally will miss 9/19. I guess we just have to make a decision.

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

I can do either 9/12 or 9/19, but not 8/29.

Jill, when are the bulbs coming in? You're really close to CAM so it would be nice if we could sort/pick up the bulbs the same weekend.

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Well I just found out that the 12th will not be good for me. My parents are coming in from AZ.

Frederick, MD

Bring them along !

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

What about a Sunday swap as Gita says with enough notice she can switch her days around?

Just remembered that without Sally and her beater Swap Mobile Catbird, Gita and I might not make it either as she is our wheels!

Frederick, MD

As long as it's before September 13th. That day and any Sunday after would mess up the host's Sunday Football Day. He's as much into football as he is gardening.

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

I can't bring my parents along; I feel that would be selfish of me since they came all this way to hang out with me. Although it would be cool to bring them along, I just don't think that's in the cards.

Frederick, MD

Understandable, Jeff... especially if they're only visiting a few days.

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Yeah well they are coming up on the 8th but will be at my sisters house in Easton til we pick them up Friday night. Then we drop them back off there Sunday night and we will all have dinner together. They try to split their time between her and I plus they like to see some of their friends in Easton too.

Frederick, MD

Yeah, that's not much time to spend with you so completely understandable.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'm driving to Pittsburgh the 29th or 30th of August, then continuing on to Canada for a fishing trip.

I often don't worry about plants "rooting in" in fall because I like to pot up starts and plant them out the following year. (I put all my pots in a big group, so they shelter each other in a sort of communal heat sink... I lose more new plants in the ground over the winter than in pots)

In previous years, ADR has been able to send out bulbs as early as the first week in September, but I don't think we'd be able to get them in by August 29th... nor would I want to try keeping them dormant until the ground cools at the end of September, which is when I usually start planting bulbs.

Sally, is there any chance you could swap Saturdays with somebody rather than requesting leave for the 19th?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

It would definitely be nice to do the fall bulb sorting/distribution in conjunction with the fall swap. Amaryllises won't be in by then, but everything else should be. CAM is close enough that the bulbs can be schlepped to his place easily, and if there's any sorting left to do I can holler for some volunteers for that morning.

Y'all need to just pick a day as best you can. I would consider taking leave, just can't guarantee it. Swapping work Saturdays is frowned upon.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Same for us these things never suit everyone Cam pick the day you like best. Besides you never know, you can pick a day that will suit someone and then the day of they can't come for one reason or another.

Frederick, MD

Okay, everyone... let's go with 9/19 and hope that Sally can get off work that day and I think everyone else is a "go" for that day. Better chance of nicer (cooler) weather that weekend then the previous ones, too.

I'm fine with that. I'll just let my 'copilots' know what I do about work.

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Sounds good!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Missed this whole Thread! It happens too often...

OK with me too---It IS a bit late in the year...hmmmm.
like 2 weeks away from October.. Weather could be iffy...

Then again--it could be wonderful!...a perfect September day.

G.

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

You guys crack me up - iffy weather in mid September....plants might not establish before winter.

Poor ol' zone 7ers...expect frost right after Labor Day, and can't wear white the rest of the year.

Frederick, MD

Mid September ? Could be 90 degrees, could be 50 degrees. I prefer 50. :)

Just don't wait a few weeks to get your plants in the ground afterward.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Sounds like a good choice to me, particularly if Sally is able to find a way to get the day off. Thanks, CAM.

Frederick, MD

Sure, Pat... looking forward to it !

Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Cam. I am also fine with the 19th.

Frederick, MD

Awesome ! :)

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Put it on my calendar already! Gita

Frederick, MD

I guess I better put it on mine too. Would be pretty embarrassing to have every one show up and I forget they're coming. PB&J sandwiches all around ! Water faucet is over there ------->.

;)

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I bet your Swap will be SPLENDID! Just to show the anal side of you....

PS> Takes one to know one.....G.

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Frederick, MD

I prefer to be called OCD. Haha

That photo is a little disturbing. :)

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

"Anal" isjust a lesser version of "OCD".

One does not need medication for "anal". That is between you and yourself.
OCD can put you in the "Loony Bin"...and you would be washing your hands
50 times a day.... :o)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

It's on my calendar! Looking forward to it. Joyanna wants to come so she can see Reagan (the less shy of CAM's 2 beautiful kitties); seeing the rest of you is just icing on the cake LOL.

Frederick, MD

Whew... I'm okay then, only wash my hands 49 times a day. But I do alphabetize my spices in the kitchen.

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

CAM, I'm a big believer in alphabetizing spices. It's a time saver!

But does Spanish paprika go under P for paprika or S for Spanish? ;)

Frederick, MD

Saves a ton of time, as I tell my family and friends who laugh at me for it. :)

I would put that under "S" but it's subjective... chef's choice. ;)

ssg, I have those problems too. Cayenne Red Pepper...c, r, p?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.