CLOSED: 2015 Mug Swap!!!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Sending best of luck for his job interview.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Julie, praying that he gets the job. Megan is still handing in applications for a teaching job, hope that she is also able to get one. I love McDonalds coffee. When I worked at a hotel, I was about 3 minutes from one. In the winter I always stopped and got coffee on the way home.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Candy, I think DD has a lock on th northeast. I was amazed when i movd south to note coffee was not a big deal. In fact, there was an independent bookstore with a coffee shop in 2000 that had to close right downtown for lack of business.

Fortunately NC is turning around. :)

I don't like iced coffee either, I'm with LK here no matter the temperature.

Tomorrow is the last day to sign up! Getting excited because I actually know what day it is. Heh. Hard when you work everyday to remember sonetimes.

Hope things are better, Carole. Julie, keep us up to date on the job interview.

xo
A.

Ocean Springs, MS

HE GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you all for your support! He starts June 24! Big step because they can now start saving money to get their own place! I'm not looking forward to them moving out, but they do want to be on their own.

I'm ready for my name! Waiting patiently! :)

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Julie, so happy that he got the job.

I'm ready for my name also

Yeah! Congratulations.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Congrats Julie, very happy for you guys.

Winnetka, CA

Thanks everyone for the anniversary wishes... hubby took me to an iconic restaurant called Saddle Peak Lodge in Malibu... very romantic... we had a great time and spent a TON of money... but it's only once a year so I can live with it. -:)

Congratulations to your SIL on the new job Julie... that's excellent news....

Alikat... I have had similar thoughts... I used to be impervious to so many things.. climate, bugs, long drives, crowds, lack of sleep... LOL! We are so resilient when we're young. Not sure I can mark when that stopped, but heat really does take the wind out of my sails these days....

The rain teased us yesterday... just a few drops... literally. I was praying for deluge... we are so dry here... the moisture is lingering because it's very humid which is most unusual for our neck of the woods... we are always HOT and DRY... wish it would drop out of the sky and give us a drenching and some relief from the humidity. I am reminded of what it was like living on the east coast.. it's been years and feels strange as I am used to the dry weather here - the humidity feels out of place.

I too am excited that the names will be out soon! Nancy

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Hey everybody! Will issue muglee partners in the morning. I got squashed by work today.

Can't wait to start mugging! :)

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

THE NAMES ARE COMING !!!!!!! THE NAMES ARE COMING!!!!!!!

Yea!!!

I am often surprised at how few DD's there are whenever I travel outside of NE! I get totally confused at starbucks.....and McDonald's does have great coffee but I can't go there without getting fries so I avoid it all together...I just can't resist fries!

Congrats on the NEW JOB!!!!!!!!!! So exciting!!!

Tell Megan to keep it up...something will happen!! I handle alot of teaching resumes in my position....I'm happy to help review cover letters if needed!

Off to get ready for work! I've got a busy day full of meetings!!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

I'm afraid if you posted here and said you were trying to decide, but never pulled out, that you're "IN"

If for some reason you can't participate and I've included you here, please let me (and only me!) know ASAP.

No harm no foul. We love you to bits and bits and bits. I'm going to send out names and start the trade thread. It sure is a challenge, working off this tiny cell phone screen. :D

Participants:

Alicat32
Joeswife
Katgroves
Nanny23
Amandaesq
Taters55
NF2932
Froggiesgirl
CheerMom
Jsxtiger

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

OK looks like I am in. I like hot coffee in the morning (no Iced coffee for me). Starbucks Blonde roast is a favorite, but I like a mild blend of regular Maxwell House coffee.I use the basket style coffee maker at home, but have a Kuerig coffee maker at work.I drink hot and Iced tea,and hot chocolate depending on the weather and the mood I am in. I like all kinds of teas. Darjeeling and Constant Comment are faves. I like pretty mugs with all kinds of designs from Hummingbirds to Hydrangeas and anything in between. I love Maxine, she cracks me up. I usually choose my mug to fit the mood I am in, so really anything goes. I hope I have given you something to work with if you need ideas, But I am not picky at all and am pleased with most anything.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Great, Nanny.

I tried in vain to do this from my phone before i left for work today, but the phone wouldnt let me post.

I've got your list of names and swap partners. I'll send those individually and try to get the new thread up tonight.

A.

I got my name.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

I got my name and hope to mail the package out today.

I got mine ,Too!!! Wow Kathy is on the ball! Trying to make us look like slackers???? lol

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Annette, no, your not a slacker, I've just been looking and picking up different things when I finally make it to town. Just wanted to make sure that I had something nice.

I was just kidding, Kathy. ;) I will be going shopping tomorrow! Hopefully I will find my muglee partner's gift this weekend.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Annette knew you were kidding. With no car at the present I need to get things done when I am out and about. They are saying that it will be delivered by Monday

No car? That is bad news. That is one of the good things about my job...I always have a car to drive and if if quits, I just get another one off the lot, til it's fixed. lol One of the perks of working at a car lot.

same here Annette.. I love working at a car lot. :)

It definitely has it's advantages. lol

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

My brother is working on mine, it needs an injector, at least we hope that is all it needs. I really hope the weekend goes slow as I have to go back to work Monday. This week has went very fast.

Sure hope you get your car fixed quickly.

Ocean Springs, MS

Got my name! Ready to go shopping! :)

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

.....see, ya stick ya toe in the waters..........an ya git pulled in!!! ok, i'm in! got me name.

Hope you get your car fixed soon, Kathy. Sorry your vacation is coming to an end, hope it was a good one!

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Vacation has been good, all good things must come to an end, right? LOL I was able to get almost everything that I wanted to get done finished, had to work outside in the early morning or late evening with all the heat. I will wait until my son comes back from vacation and let him mow the yard.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Yay, Jax . . .things could be worse. Remember the "malt beverages I sent you one year? Think you need a beer mug for those. As I remember you drank them under a table waiting for a giant thunder storm to pass. :)

xox
A.

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

So happy to get my name!

Sorry to hear about your cars.....it would be cool to get one off the lot! I always feel bad for the car dealers around here.....everytime we get snow....they have hundreds of cars to clean....UGH!

Quote from AliKat32 :
Froggy....I'm sad for you! Sending virtual hugs....and happy to hear you woke up almost pain free today! I forgot to post that on Queen Susie's thread! :)

It was a sad day when I broke my favorite cat mug -- it was of a big fat grey kitty with a saying "I'm not fat-- I'm fluffy" And since that mug looked exactly like my smokey bear kitty....it was a crying day when it broke since I had lost him the year before. :(

I can't believe I found this somehow LOL

Quote from AmandaEsq :
Mmm, sounds yummy. I do still love my blueberry cobbler coffee from New England coffee, but I've been drinking chock full o nuts lately to save moola. It's a good cup of coffee. It got me thru law school! :)

Debra, last year's box was from me. :)
Forgot how It hurt me to send you that bee mug. Ha!!! The dark stoneware mug I picked special for you on ebay. Funny because I found th bee mug totally unplanned.

Looking forward to tomorrow, a day off my feet, but plenty of busy work to do. I hope everyone enjoys their weekend. Th weather looks to be as near perfect as it could possibly be!!!

xox
A.

That Bee Mug is a huge conversation piece at work with a Moonshine Sanseveria in it. Purrfect for the office.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Cool Debra! Ever since I found that mug for you at one particular home/interior design retailer, it's where I've gone every year since to purchase a mug for this swap. :)

Glad you love it. They still carry that mug too so it's obviously very popular!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.