CLOSED: 2015 Mug Swap!!!

Ocean Springs, MS

chock full of nuts is expensive here. I usually buy Folgers Black Silk. Dark and satisfying!

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

My hubby loves sumatran dark roast....the darker the better! Julie - you and him would get along just fine!

It was so cold today....even in the sun...windy! Brr.....all my plants need little jackets out there!

My warm cup of tea this morning was delicious.....then I worked out with my gym class friends for a few hours and then off to grammys to work outside. I got home about an hour ago....I'm pooped! I did get french fries as a treat with her....that's what I need a mug that says "I work for french fries"....yum! Or cupcakes....that works too!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

I like the black silk too, though I havnt had it in a while.

I think of You all,every day! Have to remind myselfwhat day it is so I don't miss our swap. Hahahha

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Ha -- Amanda -- you won't miss the swap....you're the queen of this swap! I did not have time to have a relaxing cup of tea this morning nor for the rest of the day! It was a crazy busy day! And I made it busier by going to the gym....could have taken that hour to relax and get some planting done....but at least my heart appreciates the cardio! (not sure my legs agree)

I did drink some choc milk from my peeps mug tonight....that was yummy!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Well I'm impressed youve made it to the gym. In the summer, my nursery jobs have me slapping around on concrete all day. I myself cn hardly believe how bad I feel! Prop up my feets for A half hour and much better. Still thinking of cancelling the gym membership. ;)

Have a funny confession to make.

Some weeks ago i told my
Friend/new roommate that he should make me coffee in the morning. Court used to bring me a cup in bed before he left for work.

Day before yesterday AND today my friend brought me coffee in bed.HHA!

I've been sleeping with the door ajar so the cats can come and go. He says he heard my alarm going off and figured I needed to be awake. Crikey!

I could really be fond of someone who brings me coffee. See wht tmrrw brings. Hee heeee.

xox
A.

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

lucky girl.....coffee in bed....I hardly ever get that....however I can't complain as I'm the first one up most days! Maybe you should hint that you need munchkins to go with that coffee each morning! :0

Alright - I have a confession....I never stay put in the AM while drinking my delicious cup of tea....I can be found in the garden....I can be in the sunroom lounging.....I can be starting laundry. I'm always misplacing my cup of tea....sometimes I think I drink it but can't remember only to find I've left it on the bookcase or somewhere....5 or 6 hours later! So - I need a mug that has a finder beeper in it.....I could get an app on my phone...instead of "find your phone" it could be "find your mug".....my hubby is always finding my half drunk cups somewhere in the house. Secretly I think he likes playing hide and seek with the mugs.

Winnetka, CA

Amanda... count me in!! This is my favorite swap!

I'm a coffee drinker as I see many of you are... I also take my coffee with cream only...no sugar. I don't like flavored coffees at all... and no decaf for me... give me high-test! Bring on the caffeine!! -:) I usually drink a 'bold' blend from Starbucks... my current favorite is their 'Italian roast' - a dark coffee, I also like their Komodo dragon. (their Sumatra is great too!) I purchase beans and grind them myself for a 'drip' coffee maker. When I splurge I buy online from Six Depot Roastery & Cafe - http://sixdepot.com/. My daughter took a trip back east for a work assignment and bought me a package of their "Berkshire Sky" and I loved it. (she knows I'm a James Taylor fan... think "Sweet Baby James"... -:) ) I'd like to try a couple of their blends... there are two that sound intriguing... "Heart of Darkness" and "Blue Velvet"... they sound like bold brews and I think I might enjoy them. For those of you who prefer tea... check out their website. I think you may find something that interests... they carry both coffee and tea.
For some reason I don't care for coffee from Guatemala.

AliKat... I agree with you... that 'bee' mug that Amanda chose for Debra is adorable. I'm a big 'bee' fan myself. I have a pollinator garden and appreciate all the garden pollinators... hummers, bees, butterflies of all kinds... love ladybugs too! My favorite colors are blues, lavenders and sage greens. I love flowers and herbs... I lean more toward the larger mugs but also use the standard size.

I remember many evenings as a young woman spent with friends around the table drinking lots of coffee and sharing ideas - seems I've always had friends who loved coffee.... and the ideas and jokes come easy when sharing a cup of coffee with a friend....My mother and grandmother both did the cup to saucer cooling method. I tend to be a spiller - so I never even attempted it! There is just something very comforting about a cup of coffee and I love hearing everyones stories. Someone mentioned sitting at their desk and looking out the window at the wildlife and it made me think of my reading room... windows all along the back wall looking out at the pollinator garden... one of my favorite places to sit and drink my coffee and watch all the birds come in for breakfast! (I placed several feeders so I could sit there and observe without being noticed).... I really look forward to Saturday mornings for that reason.

Amanda... I will send you a d-mail to confirm... looking forward to the swap! Nancy

Thumbnail by NF2932
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Hmmm. I will always find yesterday's coffee tomorrow in the microwave when I go to heat up today's cup. :)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Good Morning, Nancy!

Looks like this evening's cuppa is keeping me awake. Glad you're back for more mugliness!

xox

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Sign me up please?

Last day to sign up for the red white and blue swap.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1392629/

Ocean Springs, MS

I stopped by out local donut shop yesterday. The coffee of the day was Southern Pecan. I love pecans, so I bought a cup. Pure heaven! It was so good! Want more! LOL Oh, the donuts were good, too! ♥

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Brewed some delicious ice tea this morning....and now our temps have dropped and I need a sweatshirt and slippers....brr.....heading to kitchen to make some hot tea now! What wacky weather!

NF - glad you can join us!

Froggie....yum on the coffee and donuts! What a treat! :)

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

OK I have been lurking... trying to decide if I can get it together enough to do another swap in the month of June. I still haven't made up my mind, yet. I lost this thread and just now found my way back.
LOL Amanda, blaming Nana for your coffee addiction. My 3 yr. old Granddaughter won't get dressed for preschool until she has had her "coffee" which is mostly milk or creamer with a little coffee added. But I almost spewed my coffee across. the kitchen the first time I heard her say that she couldn't get ready til she had her coffee. Just to clarify...it was not me that got her started on coffee. It was my ex (her papaw) that did it.
So I have a few days to commit or be committed whichever happens first. It has been a crazy month for me. I really enjoyed this swap last year, so I probably will participate.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Oh Nanny that is very funny. How sweet. No, I didnt begin drinking the stuff till final exams third or fourth year in college. In law school it was my constant companion. Mom bought me a thermos and i carried it everywhere. :)

Howdy LK! Glad you coukd make it. :)

I do keep reminding myself what day it is. I don't want to miss the mug swap. Hahaha. I guess having a desk job had certain advantages. Hee.

I'm still chuckling at Debra trolling the multiple coffee pots at work before she settles for her brew. quite a dilemma.

I'm afraid I am losing the battle again in the backyard to the weeds and mosquitoes. Doing some container gardening on the front porch this morning with my cuppa.

Hope everyone had a groovy weekend.

A.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Sitting here sipping on a nice hot cup of peppermint tea. Walked in the door from work and it was only 57 outside and now it is raining so will sit back and enjoy the rest of my day indoors. Will have to find a book to read,

Everyone enjoy your day.

Kathy

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

mmmm peppermint tea.. making my own this year, hope my swap partner like home made teas:.

Was out most of the day yesterday for a change, boy has it ever grown out there.

Never had homemade teas.

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

I've never had homemade ones either....but feel free to experiment on me.... :) they sound delicious! IT IS COLD here....47 outside! and rainy....which is delightful!

I can just imagine a little one saying "i need my coffee...." love it.... my nieces took one sip of my unsweetened ice tea and said "yuck auntie....you need to drink better drinks! we don't like that one!"

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

DH fell this week so I am dropping out of this swap. Ya'll have fun. I know you will.

Sorry to hear about hubby. Sending prayers for a speedy recovery.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thank you, Linda.

oh gosh, Carole, is he at home?

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

No, he fractured a hip, had surgery to put in pins. It went well but he's having a tough time bouncing back. They will see how he's doing in the morning and may keep him another day. If he's better, he will go to a rehab facility.

Sure hope he bounces back soon.

Ocean Springs, MS

Carole, praying for you and your hubby. ♥

I also drink unsweetened iced tea... no hot tea! Just never cared for it.

Most of you with low temps! I'll trade the heat, humidity, rain, and mosquitoes! LOL

Hope you all have a nice day! :)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Aww, Carole, I know it's hard on you. Hoping for an uncomplicated recovery for hubby and an abundance of energy/patience for you.

xox
A.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thank you, Amanda.

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Carole -- sending him extra super healing powers! XO

Ocean Springs, MS

Don't know if this question was ever brought up, but does anyone drink iced coffee? I like it on a hot day with cream and some hazelnut or pecan syrup! I make my own because the stuff in the store just costs too much!

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Julie, I like iced coffee but don't have it very often.

I don't care for iced coffee. I like flavored coffee's, (french vanilla, cinnamon) but I like my coffee hot.

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Iced coffee is yummy....so is coffee ice cream!
I love Dunkin Donuts....anyone else? They make great ice coffee....and coolattas.... I once saw a t-shirt there that said "friends don't let friends drink starbucks" Love it!

Winnetka, CA

Coffee ice cream! Yumm!! I have to concur.

Keeping my eyes open for (cute) uglee muglee's! Waiting to see who my partner is so I can hopefully chose something they will love.

We had a super HOT day yesterday - 97... I made some fresh iced tea... good old fashioned Lipton tea bags. We drank the entire gallon... there were two teenagers in the house yesterday so that accounted for a few glasses! I am always amazed when I see those boys riding their bicycles outside doing tricks in 97 degree weather... makes me feel old. LOL! I wish I could tolerate the heat like that... but the older I get ... the less fond of it I am. There is nothing quite like a good tall glass of ice tea on a hot day!

I am celebrating a wedding anniversary today... 18 years! Unfortunately I had to come to work... but it's still a special day.

I hope all my muglee pals have a great day too! Nancy

Thumbnail by NF2932

Happy Anniversary! I hope you have many more.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Happy Anniversary and many, many more

Winnetka, CA

Thank you! -:)

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

HAPPY HAPPY Anniversary! Hope it's filled with love and kisses!

Iced tea -- I love love love it! Lipton is the best! I find myself drinking more tea when it's iced! YUM! I grew up in the desert....so HOT! As kids we never even noticed it! I could play outside all day - no water - no sunscreen - and never complained! Now it's too hot too cold too buggy....etc! What happens to that blissful oblivion??

Happy Anniversary,Nancy, I hope you have many more.. we had our first day in the 90's last week and all this week is going to be like that, no rain, everyone else around us got the rain, I am having to water when I come home now, Joe is doing double time dumping the sink waters out to the trees right now..
*sigh* oh well..
I like my coffee hot and my tea cold, that is how I go

I do prefer dunkin donut over starbucks, but we have that dang machine at work.. erm, three choices of brands that is..

Ocean Springs, MS

Happy Anniversary, Nancy! ♥

Our router went out Sunday night, so no Internet yesterday. My SIL fixed it last night. He had degrees in various areas of computer science, so he always knows what to do! he has an interview for a job today with the local cable company for website management. I am praying that he gets it!

I love Starbucks, but just too expensive. No Dunkin Donuts close to us, but we have a Krispy Kreme and our hometown donut shop (which is my favorite.) If I am in town and want a cup of coffee, I usually go to McDonalds. I love their coffee!

Debra, hope you get some rain soon. We have 80% chance today of thunderstorms, some severe!

Everyone have a good day! :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.