I see flowers!!!!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Never fail to be surprised; my peony is out but not the yarrow! I guess it's not in the very sunniest part.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Robin, Love your P. Coral Charm. I planted that one in 2012, but it has yet to do much. Many others have been quite explosive this season. Finally we have some great blooms on one of our yellow ones, Paeonia lactiflora Prairie Charm. Weeds are getting ahead of me. And my DH had damage to pumpkins and beans. Evil something in the insect world. Intrigued by AliKat32's grape smelling bearded iris. Would love to know which one it is. Here are some new shots taken yesterday. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd Thumbnail by bbrookrd Thumbnail by bbrookrd Thumbnail by bbrookrd Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Grape smelling bearded iris is actually called Iris Pallida.....delicious smelling!

BB - love how you put your photos together like that....how do you do that??
I'd love to know - what is the plant on the second set - top left???
What is the plant on the 4 set - second one down on the left??

This message was edited Jun 11, 2015 11:07 PM

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Thanks, now I have to run out to see if my I.pallida is in bloom. Never smelled ithin before, but think it is gone by for this season.

I use a free google program for my photographs called Picasa. It has a variety of collage options that I use, but mostly I use it to edit and to keep all my photographs in folders and or albums by subject and date which is totally sortable so I can find all my garden pictures by beds or genus and other shots by persons name or location etc. Very helpful. I mostly love Picasa, except that they did this update recently which links it to google plus which I totally hate. Way too many bells and whistles that has more to do with social media than I could ever want. I have found an end run around the update which makes it still usable by googling " I hate Google Plus", which is very funny to me.

Top plant is Eryngium planum Jade Frost - Medium 24-30" - Plant 14" apart. zone 5-8/9 Blue green leaves edged in cream serve as a bright background for the multitude of silver blue spiny flowers. Prized by flower arrangers for their structure, color, and ability to dry well. From Bluestones 9.95 in 2010

Bottom plant is Helleborus x hybridus Winter Jewel Jade Tiger which I first planted 2009 Double green flowers that sometimes has purple edges and back and can have purple streaking. Got in coop (remember those days?) from Terra Nova 2 for 6.49 in 2009

Hope those are the ones you wanted. Out to weed. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Thomaston, CT

Patti, your gardens are stunning as always! The yellow peony is just awesome....and your 'girls' look very contented in the garden!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

Very, very nice Patti

saw shirazz in there:)

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

You did indeed. Good eye. We need you on Red Sox team.

Thomaston, CT

Sox need somebody! I'm actually a Mets fan, hard to believe they are in 1st place of their division, bats are barely there! Very surprised at my Tequila rose.....nicest flowers since I put the shrub in, more than 5 years ago....Ebb Tide is also doing well....Nicki is helping me in the garden!

Thumbnail by ROBINDOG Thumbnail by ROBINDOG Thumbnail by ROBINDOG
Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

I love Ebb Tide, but mine isn't doing much yet, but we did a major change in the bed that it is in this spring, so it maybe still in shock. I don't know Rosa Tequilla, but it sure looks like a great strong yellow. And of course the star here is your dear helper Nicki.

We have a brush cutter rented to clear some more wild area, but we are saving some some selected shrubs and trees in that 1/2 acre. We will deer fence it in so that we have more land for the dogs to romp free and more space to expand for some fruiting trees and more land for veggies, maybe corn. It is on a south facing gentle slope. We brush cut it some years ago, but never followed up with the fencing as planned. Because we did the job before it is now a more manageable task today. But we will be working in tick city today and tomorrow which is another reason to clear it and to keep the deer out. I will post pictures of our progress. Still in pain over Red Sox collapse last night Patti

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Good luck Patti!
Tick city....hope they didn't try to get a ride on you!
Love your plants...thanks for the info! I've added them to my want lists! :) Someday I'll get some!

Been outside all day -- so nice to have a day to work!

Thomaston, CT

Ticks are the worst pests in the world....have already had 2 bites this year, & I spray myself with horrible chemicals! The new garden area sounds like a plan.....keep us posted, Patti. I'm looking for a new rose to replace my Morden Sunrise. WFF will have their big sale the Friday after Father's Day, so I'll check it out. The only problem is you never know what they'll have on sale......sometimes it's a lot of hydrangeas, or caladiums, or elephant ears......Of course, I always come home with something!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

i'll share some peony shots from the last couple weeks - first batch are just after some light rain at dusk - a bit bashful

Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

here are more under better conditions - they all have a name although not running out to look - first is bartzilla, second with friend maybe Paula Fay, Clown, not sure about the next two.

Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

more

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

That's all for now.

Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

WOWSERS!!!!!!!

Staten Island, NY(Zone 6a)

My peonies did well this year too, my neighbor told me that she gets the fragrance from them when she leaves for work in the morning . They are planted at the side of my back driveway and her driveway faces mine. I never knew that they had a fragrance.lol

Thumbnail by cytf Thumbnail by cytf Thumbnail by cytf Thumbnail by cytf
Thomaston, CT

Gorgeous peonies! Mine didn't last very long with the heat, but my later ones are OK due to the rainier, cooler few days we've had......

Thank you ROBINDOG, Hi wha, my pink peony like yours only had one bloom this year, maybe the harsh winter affected it.You really have a beautiful assortment of peonies. Don't you wish the will last longer in bloom?

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks my wife likes them so we got a bunch of them a few years back - some from the old coop's and found a family owned mail order house in WI when looking for clown that has a nice assortment.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

a collection of iris

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

some more iris and a bundle of satomi dogwood blooms

Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha
Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

I love all your flowers....I'm a slacker....haven't been taking shots of my blooms....I'm getting on it ! Inspired by you all!

Thomaston, CT

Iris are my favorites.....none are blooming right now....I have Japanese that are budded, & spuria in a few weeks....

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Wha, Named Favorites from your garden P. Bartzilla, & P. Clown, but love some of the others too that I don't recognize. Been a good year for them, and now your Iris taking off. I Love that yellow and white one in your first Iris lineup. Can't wait to see Robin's Iris spuria. I always admired the ones that Boojum grew. I still pop in to see her when I can, but missed her open house this year. She has her house on the market. Stunning location. There is a Victorian House which they rent out and huge barn that is where they reside with all kinds of finished space. The property is over between Greenfield and Shelburn Falls just off RT 2. Plus there is a Sauna on the stream. Lots of land. On a country lane, very quiet. Link below. Here is some recent views from Nantucket. Lilies starting to pop as are the weeds. Patti

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/150-Skinner-Rd-Shelburne-Falls-MA-01370/56986533_zpid/

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

1. brain cramp - smells like an orange
2. wolf's eye dogwood
3. rouge lupin and foxglove that keep on giving. planted the whole bed with them a few years back before filled in with shrubs and trees. love them foxglove is border line invasive have to weed on loads of them.
4. a side view of the bed with the lupins and foxglove.

Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

some shrub color and the new extension that holds about 20 new mini/dwarf conifers

Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

smells like orange - mock orange - cramp cured!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Love the "shrub color" and the new bed, Bill. I will post mine too, when I get a little more done on it. The urge to buy more miniature conifers doesn't go away while there is still room for a new bed. I found a fun nursery in Lincoln from writing to Iseli for retail sources, but the pocketbook restrained me to only a mini Bosnian pine to join all the other kinds of mini pines and spruces.

The smell of orange sure cures all, even tip of the tongue lapses !

Red lilies and coreopsis are blooming nicely with all that rain we received.

Thumbnail by cytf Thumbnail by cytf
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Hehehe, I read brain cramp and thought to myself, I've never heard of that one before. Wow, it smells ike orange, too. Then I saw it was mock orange. I REALLY had a brain cramp.

Thomaston, CT

Brain cramp here as well....my Dad grew Mock Orange, & I didn't recognize it! Patti, is that your Ebb Tide rose? Can't believe how full mine is this year.....The lilies are looking awesome....a few of mine are out....some have been totally eaten by the lily beetles.....others are raggedy looking....

My Stella d"oro is showing herself up.

Thumbnail by cytf
Thomaston, CT

Went to WFF big sale today......bought a delph, coral bells, hosta, salvia, 4 sedums, clem, and 26 lily bulbs for $83.....now all I have to do is plant!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Great haul. And what a bargain. Happy planting !

This message was edited Jun 19, 2015 1:35 PM

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

WOOHOO!!!!!

Here is my container of volunteer Snapdragons

Thumbnail by cytf
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Wait, those are VOLUNTEER snapdragons???

That's what you said, Wow!

Thomaston, CT

Lucky you to have snaps come back....I really like them, but hard to find the tall ones I like best.....forgot to include 2 more plants in the haul....J. anenome 'Party Dress', & hellebore 'Ballerina Ruffles'...I was so disappointed to lose 3 out 4 anenomes this winter......

I get yellow , red , peach and white. I have some come up in full sun and some in partial shade and then I transplant them to containers.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.