Northeast Gardening: I see flowers!!!!, 1 by bbrookrd

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bbrookrd

In reply to: I see flowers!!!!

Forum: Northeast Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of I see flowers!!!!
bbrookrd wrote:
Thanks, now I have to run out to see if my I.pallida is in bloom. Never smelled ithin before, but think it is gone by for this season.

I use a free google program for my photographs called Picasa. It has a variety of collage options that I use, but mostly I use it to edit and to keep all my photographs in folders and or albums by subject and date which is totally sortable so I can find all my garden pictures by beds or genus and other shots by persons name or location etc. Very helpful. I mostly love Picasa, except that they did this update recently which links it to google plus which I totally hate. Way too many bells and whistles that has more to do with social media than I could ever want. I have found an end run around the update which makes it still usable by googling " I hate Google Plus", which is very funny to me.

Top plant is Eryngium planum Jade Frost - Medium 24-30" - Plant 14" apart. zone 5-8/9 Blue green leaves edged in cream serve as a bright background for the multitude of silver blue spiny flowers. Prized by flower arrangers for their structure, color, and ability to dry well. From Bluestones 9.95 in 2010

Bottom plant is Helleborus x hybridus Winter Jewel Jade Tiger which I first planted 2009 Double green flowers that sometimes has purple edges and back and can have purple streaking. Got in coop (remember those days?) from Terra Nova 2 for 6.49 in 2009

Hope those are the ones you wanted. Out to weed. Patti