I see flowers!!!!

Northwestern, NJ

The snow is FINALLY melting and I have bulbs coming up! This is the best. day. ever!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

We do too! It is a great thing indeed that the bulbs can tell when it's time to grow, even if we lose a little faith.

Thomaston, CT

Snow finally melted from my south garden, & hyacinths have popped up.......

Bridgewater, CT

Snow is melting, revealing lots of branches down; I can't believe last year mowed lawn in April. I can't see anything coming up yet but any day now!

Thumbnail by spring46
Thomaston, CT

Hopefully, today's rain & fog will get rid of the ice still on our lawns.....

Northwestern, NJ

More snow this morning. Just enough to cover the ground (sigh). Should be gone quickly, though. :)

Spring, your garden is beautiful!

Thomaston, CT

A few wet flurries this morning, but just cloudy right now.....should be in the mid-40s.....more snow needs to go!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Flurried here, too. Grandies played outside for a bit.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Flurries this morning now sun is trying to break thru
but there is color out there!

Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

YAY!!!!! I have some daffys in bud!

Northwestern, NJ

I just saw this morning that I have hellebores blooming too! They were buried in the snow!

Spring can't come soon enough! :)

Thomaston, CT

Lovely photos, Jen! My gardens still have snow.....not one is totally clear yet......never had so much snow cover so late!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

As I drove closer to Annapolis this morning I saw a few daffodils blooming. They always make me happy.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Nice to see some flowers here too. Pretty day to continue pruning and moving some shrubs around.

Thumbnail by bbrookrd Thumbnail by bbrookrd Thumbnail by bbrookrd Thumbnail by bbrookrd Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

hello there patti good to see you back!

All snow here.

you too jen

Northwestern, NJ

Ugh! More snow tonight! BUT I have tulips and daffodils trying to come up! Yay!

Thomaston, CT

The spring bulbs are beauties, Patti......maybe by May I'll have crocus......

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Sorry that we have flowers and some of you still have snow. Nature isn't fair sometimes. We actually broke out the hoses today to water some new fruit trees that we planted yesterday. So that means officially that spring has arrived at our house. Hope that isn't too optimistic.

Thomaston, CT

There is no snow on my south-facing garden against the garage.....hyacinths are up ....of course, snow showers are predicted for Sat. night......

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Itching to get out there and clean the beds out
Some more blooms

Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

ouch - that is rubbing it in Patti and Jen.

Was just wondering if everything i have being delivered the week of 4/20 will still have to wait out snow melt.

Thomaston, CT

Love those blooms, Jen......really like the mauve colored iris!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Jen, an especially yummy Hellebore!

Thomaston, CT

Walked the gardens yesterday.....2 hellebores are budded, niger is almost in bloom....YAY...

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

YAY!!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

congrats!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

That is encouraging, but heard it was snowing Vt. Spent our day doing a burn pile. So much debris from that Jan Storm. But sunny weather here has brought out more kids.

Thumbnail by bbrookrd Thumbnail by bbrookrd Thumbnail by bbrookrd Thumbnail by bbrookrd Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Thomaston, CT

Beauties! Yes, it was 31 & snowing in Goshen all day yesterday.......Garret had a fire in the fireplace....very odd Easter!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Robin, Here is me around five yesterday after dragging and burning for 7 hours and you can see I am wearing my hat with snowflakes that I must have been wearing in in your honor. Poor you. But next week you all will be warmer than us until next fall. Also a shot of DH starting the fire with his beloved flame thrower that I gave him for father's day for weeding the stone paths and driveway. He uses it to start the BBQ too. Back out now for round two of burning as we are allowed to start the fire at ten. I think we will be done today. And I posted some flame like shots of some blooming Hamamelis from yesterday. Love them, so thanks VibValley, as he got them for me some years back. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd Thumbnail by bbrookrd Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Aren't those colors great?!!! I always look forward to your bulbous blooms in the garden, too!

Thomaston, CT

Patti, I love that witch hazel.....what bright beacons in the landscape! It was 60 in town yesterday, but I spent a lot of it at the dentist office having a broken tooth repaired....ugh.....Wish I could burn here, but not possible without a special permit....a fireman from church said he will come up when things dry out & burn my brush pile.....I won't hold my breath! He partially burned it 2 years ago, & hasn't been back since......

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Robin, poor you with tooth trouble. Nothing worse in my mind and every time I go, I think of all the bulbs I could be buying. We got a permit for "agricultural burning" which lets us burn any days, wind permitting, until mid May for 45.00. The fire chef gave us this type as Police department (dumb idea) took over permitting of garden burning permits and the police office permit window is closed on the weekends. In running back and forth between the fire station and the police station, DH found out that the fire dept still controls agricultural permits and got the fire chef via phone to have them sell us one His comment was that we live just down the road from a farm and said we probably even know a farmer. Ha, love him. Rules are that fire can't be started before 10AM and must be ignited it no later than noon and the last wood to be burned has to be on the pile by 4PM. You have to have hoses set up as well as rakes and shovels and can burn nothing huge and a few other things. But the two dump trucks we sent to the dump last week filled with the storm damaged stuff that we thought was just to much for us to burn cost us 350.00. We have already burned at least that much and most likely more and we still have more to tackle. Never ends. It is damp today with showers so I am taking a lay day. Yesterday we had our first tulip, Showwinner. Also a shot of my favorite Crocus Yalta. And I can say we are pretty cleaned up except on the west side, which needs more work. Patti

Thomaston, CT

Wow....a tulip already! Love that two-toned crocus as well.......The brush dump here also charges big bucks for a load, & I no longer have a truck, so no way of getting the brush there.......I just keep piling it on down at the back of my yard.....has turned into a great place for snakes!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Forsythia is opening up

Thomaston, CT

My goodness! What a difference from here.....I see another of my hellebores has budded.....this makes 3, & I think that the others are too small to flower this year.....Really wanted to see the yellow one, but guess I'll have to wait .....

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Marilyn, we have a huge brush area in the bottom of our yard; Christmas trees and junk that will maybe biodegrade in 50 years,

Thomaston, CT

That's what I have as well.....there's some nice compost underneath it all, but I'd like it burned so I could get at the compost easily!

Thomaston, CT

Since nature wasn't cooperating, I bought pansies & violas....now I have flowers in the garden!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Lol!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Robin I like your solution for instant blossom happiness. I am in Boston so DH is feeding me shots of garden.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.