I see flowers!!!!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Those are meals I'd love to eat!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

i saw crocus on saturday which was great. no time for pictures as I was raking and bringing out the container jm's. a little sore today from the raking although it was great to be outside. peepers started as well - still not full bore yet - give'm a week.

Thomaston, CT

I heard peepers & leopard frogs down behind the dam while walking yesterday....love those spring sounds.....had one clump of crocus open in the mess of vinca I have.....Patti, it was worth all of that planting to see those bulbs in bloom!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hopefully everything now will be coming in fast and furious

Thomaston, CT

Here are some of my blooms....hellebore niger, and reticulated iris...

Thumbnail by ROBINDOG Thumbnail by ROBINDOG Thumbnail by ROBINDOG
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Pretties!!!

Thomaston, CT

First year my yellow hellebore has bloomed.....disappointing in that it is very pale & small.....

Thumbnail by ROBINDOG Thumbnail by ROBINDOG
Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

They look great, Marilyn! Helle's at my house are pretty bedraggled.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Now we are really seeing some color!

Thumbnail by bbrookrd Thumbnail by bbrookrd Thumbnail by bbrookrd Thumbnail by bbrookrd Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Yay, Patti! What is in the last picture? You always have great bulb pictures.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Carrie, Thanks, it is Tulip Division 12 Fosteriana Zombie. This the first year for them, but I have lots of Fosteriana tulips like Flaming Purissima which is in the third shot and the old reliable orange with and yellow base called Juan that is one of our earliest ones each year. And we love another reliable returning white one that is Tulip Division 13 Fosteriana Exotic Emperor plus there are a couple of yellow ones which should be showing soon. I will snap some better shots tomorrow and post them. Patti

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Just lovely.

Thomaston, CT

Love the delicate look of those pale pink tulips....very pretty.....I have 3 blooming.....the same 3 I see every year......the rest never come back....

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

I always enjoy your spring bulby pics. I had ONE tulip bloom. The rest were served up as a buffet for the bambis. No more tulips for me. I will just live through everyone's pics.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Robin, that is odd and annoying. I have a group I planted in the fall of 2006 which I didn't like as got a muddy purple streak as they aged, but assumed as they were a Tulip Division 3 Triumph they would not return, but no, that old 2006 El Cid is still blooming, though now down to 4 from the original 10 bulbs we planted. Go figure, the ones we aren't trilled with survive while the one's we love just become compost. I should be out working now, but we have the annual mulching crew here so it is better that I stay out of their hair. We had them edge this year too, but did all the clean up ourselves, however thee is no way we can't handle putting down 22 yards of mulch.

And to Jan, there is no hope for beating out the hungry deer except to fence and that isn't always possible or just doesn't look good and is expensive. The deer fence we put up ourselves is now 12 years old and is a bit wonky therefore it needs work. This fall we are going to do a major repair on it and add another chunk of a Bambi Free Zone so we can had fruit trees. I hope, but I need to be spending a great deal of time this summer doing some serious brush cutting. Patti

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

Now we can see the hundreds of bulbs ordered yearly - they look great!

Way behind this year - just finished the clean up and ordered 20 yards of dirt and compost to be delivered the end of the week. Have six large jm's to be delivered later this week and will need to figure out where to plant. Hoping to get home early one night to finish cleaning out the pond and refill with water.

Staten Island, NY(Zone 6a)

I fed my 5 roses , my pot of Canna lilies and transplanted 3 morning glories today. We are expecting showers this evening so my fertilizer will soak in nicely.I cleaned up up containers on the shady side of the house so they are ready to put in my annuals soon.

Thomaston, CT

I bought a few annuals yesterday, & a few tomatoes.....won't plant them for awhile. Also had mulch delivered, but I had to hire fellow cutting my lawn to spread it......just can't do everything anymore....darn! Tough when you realize that.......Jan, no deer problems this year, & 2 more red tulips have opened.....that makes 5......still hoping a few more pop up.....

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

It's hard to reconcile myself to not being able to do things as fast or as well as before.

Being a retiree my joke is my brain moves faster than my feet. I too cannot do that much in a day I have to do a little every day.

Thomaston, CT

Today I'm scraping paint off the front fence....tomorrow I'll paint.....used to do both on the same day!

Hi bbrookrd, your spring flowers are beautiful , will like to stroll in you garden.lol

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Thanks cytf, take a stroll with these shots from the last week. All welcome. Patti

https://plus.google.com/photos/107604936655818861781/albums/6146150265620132769?authkey=CI6ozY-0ptvqYA

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

Awesome yard Patti!!!

Ok Pat , you did it .As usual it is beautiful

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I am unimpressed by my single reddish tulip. But I am VERY impressed with Patti's gorgeous, tasteful tulips (and landscaping, birdhouse, trees, other bulbs, everything).

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Too kind, but it will always never be done and will never have the stone work or trees that Wha has in his magical place. Up in Vt now, and our yard here is a total mess. Time to get the rakes out, but went to local great nursery today instead. Plus it is hot up here. I think we have only a dozen tulips out, so all kind of sad. On my to-do list to fix that next fall. Patti

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the amazing pics, Patti. I love it that your bulbs are not only astonishingly beautiful, but you have green grass and trees leaving out too. Years of dedication have resulted in this wonderland. When you have Vermont up to your standards, that will be amazing, too.

Thomaston, CT

Beautiful, Patti! I'm sure you'll get the place in VT up to par soon......if you're looking for a fun trip someday, get on I-91 north, & get off on I-89 at West Lebanon....take the first exit, turn right, & travel to River Rd. Plainfield, NH our friends own Edgewater Farm.....many rare plants. Memorial Day I'll be up there buying all the unusual salvias they have!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

love seeing all the new flowers popping open

Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new series of Hellebores "Winter Jewels" collection

Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen
Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Looks like a perfect place to visit, thanks for the tip. So yard work may have to wait. Patti

Greenhouses open Mon.-Sat., 10am-5:30pm/ Sun., 10am-4:30pm
email: info@edgewaterfarm.com
phone: (603) 298-5764
99 River Road
Plainfield, NH 03781

Thomaston, CT

That's the place.....it's run by the daughter & granddaughter of Bill MacNamara, who grew up with my late husband......further down the road is their dairy....best chocolate milk in the world! Jen, those primroses are outstanding.......also love the hellebores.....

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

flowAjen, great shots of primroses especially. Mine are just starting, but they aren't giant lush clumps like yours. I went to the Tower Hill Primula show recently and saw some real gems. I snagged a few new ones but none of the really difficult or rare ones just a nice butter yellow and a variegated blue and an orange/yellow which I hope is as the fourth shot in your row one. The bulb guy, Russell Stafford from Odyssey Bulbs in South Lancaster, MA was there with very unusual perennials which I didn't know he sold. I ordered some unusual things from him in the fall which included Fritillaria sewerzowii which is blooming now. Now off for Chocolate Milk! Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Thomaston, CT

What an unusual fritt! None of my primroses are blooming yet.....hoping my quince opens today as I volunteered to bring some in for Tues. water color workshop!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Robin, Trip north a success. Nice folks, and great plants and Edgewater Farms and then drove up the road to the Dairy farm and bought Choc Milk, Reg Milk and Butter at Dairy. Loved the fact as they use the old honor system at the dairy. You write down what you take and leave the money. And the Chocolate milk is awesome. Thanks for the tip. We stopped at the Gardens of artist Augustus Saint-Gaudens on the way up, but only the gardens and wooodlands were open, not the house or studios, but free and lovely.

Thumbnail by bbrookrd Thumbnail by bbrookrd Thumbnail by bbrookrd Thumbnail by bbrookrd Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Nice trip! It took me years to find out about the St-Gaudens estate and there it is!

Thomaston, CT

So glad you went, Patti! They are nice folks.....Hazel, the Mom, is still alive at 91, will be visiting with her Memorial Day......she lives in the big farm house next to the dairy....she's the 'Hap' in 'Mac's Happy Acres'.....Ann, her daughter, runs Edgewater..... Ann's oldest sister, Barb, is the vet who owns the practice on the corner of 12A & River Rd. Sister Joyce is the president of VT Community Colleges, brothers Patrick & Tom work at the dairy.....I've been visiting every summer for the past 45 years, & have never gone to St. Gaudens....shame, I know!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Worth a stop to walk through the gardens and see his sculpture. Nice to get the whole family history about Edgewater and the dairy. Everyone we talked to were nice, knowledgeable and the place is so organized and plants top shelf. Thanks again. Patti

Thomaston, CT

You're welcome! Had to buy more fencing yesterday to keep the poodle out of the gardens.....between her & the chipmunks, nothing will be left!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.