Weather, March 2015. Lion or Lamb?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Goofy February behind us. Hopefully March will be more normal.

Big moon here tonight & 13º. But strong South wind. Brrr!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Snowing currently
24 F
West Wind 6 mph .
Snowed all night ,5 or 6 inches here maybe, so far

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

66° and cloudy this morning, rained all day yesterday, nice steady soaking rain.

They say high today of 79°, that would be nice, but still cloudy and more rain.

Haven't seen the sun if four days now, and probably won't see it till tomorrow.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sunkissed we have a lot of sun in winter the past few seasons , including a while yesterday ,
Most often it can be gray or overcast for months .
Difficult for sun lovers !

Today

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Rain. Kentucky Rain. Cold air had icicles on the whiskers out in the wind, but just rain. Snow fallin 38° New Paris, Oh @ the Indiana state line. Wet. Sloppy.

Ohio air looked thick and white but wasnt smoke

Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Keep a coming ,, there Kitt , 30 degrees ,, lots of snow , I doubt the Highways or interstates are bad , only the rest ,,
this is one inch of snow today after last nights 3 to 5 inches ,, ... Not ,,,

I is a little more than six inches of snow .. Like 9 or 10 as it is still falling ,, big flakes every few hours ,,

Thumbnail by juhur7
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

32 for high today so at least half of the 4 inches we got yesterday has melted.

62°/80°/64° Foggy now, but sun is to come out later on. I did see the sun briefly yesterday, felt good. I guess I'm spoiled and shouldn't complain about a handful of cloudy days.

Wow so much snow, but still so pretty.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

17 degrees F More snow to shovel ,, I am not motivated about this ,,
Still a couple of weeks until spring , as a thought , just doesn't do a thing for me ,

Mountain View, HI

Two days in a row of afternoon Thunderstorms. They passed us by but noisy for a while and just short periods of moderate showers. Should be showery today. Mid 70s and light tradewinds.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

We got a total of 0.62 inches of rain for Saturday night and Sunday night. It rained a little more this morning. They are calling for a high of 56F today. It's nice to have some seasonable weather.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 8:51 AM PST on March 02, 2015
Mostly Cloudy
50 °F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 86%
Dew Point: 46 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 29.92 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 2 out of 16
Pollen: 7.80 out of 12

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Here you all go 24 degrees lots of water ,, ice tea anyone ?

Some these snow piles are chest high ,,,

and here is what is coming ?

Mon, Mar 2, 4:28 am EST
... ICY CONDITIONS POSSIBLE TUESDAY MORNING...
LIGHT FREEZING RAIN MAY DEVELOP DURING THE EARLY MORNING HOURS OF TUESDAY... AFTER ABOUT 300 AM. THE FREEZING RAIN MAY BECOME MORE WIDESPREAD AFTER DAYBREAK TUESDAY AND CONTINUE OVER PARTS OF THE AREA UNTIL THE MIDDAY HOURS WHEN TEMPERATURES RISE ABOVE FREEZING.
THE FREEZING RAIN MAY RESULT IN ACCUMULATIONS OF ICE AND HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS TUESDAY MORNING.
AT THIS TIME... IT IS NOT CLEAR HOW FAST TEMPERATURES WILL RISE ABOVE FREEZING TUESDAY MORNING. THIS WILL HAVE A BEARING ON HOW MUCH ICE ACCUMULATES.
TRAVELERS IN CENTRAL INDIANA SHOULD BE ALERT FOR THE POSSIBILITY OF ICY CONDITIONS TUESDAY MORNING.

This message was edited Mar 2, 2015 2:37 PM

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Geez, all that & all we get is a blizzard warning for tomorrow.
Currently 25º & getting cloudy.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

ROFL !!! LOL !!! ^_^

still sunny and calm wind here ,,
CountryGardens You can look forward to all that Sun ,, after the Blizzard ,, he , he ,, ^_^ , Remember all that above started as 1 inch of snow ,, Sooo,,, CountryGardens You will get that one inch , we were suppose to have?, Or all will be ""digging you out"" until June ,,,???
29 degrees now
The forecast was a high of 26 F

Mountain View, HI

Its raining, 75f, left overs from the front that gave us storms. WE HAVE SNOW AS WELL. One inch on the top of Mauna Kea. Summit road is closed due to icing. Could be a couple more inches today. All this above 10,000ft level. The rest of this week should be wet trade wind weather.

We almost hit 40 today, hit about 36 or so. Sun came out and finally stayed out so all the snow we were shoveling started melting pretty quick today. When it was 28 degrees we were sweating and took our coats off. Felt good!! LOL

Up to 80° today and sunny. Next two days in the upper 80's, gonna rake up more leaves today and more tree trimming. No more winter here.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I am not going to tell today ,, I am just going to sit here , dream about suntans , and rain on the Palm trees .. Sigh ,,
ocean views and waves ...

Upper 80's? You can keep that, sunkissed. I'll take 60s and 70s. :-)

We got showers off and on all day yesterday. It looks like we got 0.23 inches.

Updated: 6:33 AM PST on March 03, 2015
Clear
43 °F
Clear
Windchill: 41 °F
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 41 °F
Wind: 4 mph from the NNW
Pressure: 29.94 in (Rising)
Visibility: 6.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 8.60 out of 12

We don't get fog very often
Now
Patchy dense fog...with visibilities one quarter mile or less...will continue through early this morning. At 545 am...a National Weather Service employee reported dense fog in the city of Agoura. Patchy dense fog will be likely across the area...impacting local roadways including the 101. If dense fog is encountered...slow down and use low beam headlights.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Schools closing at 10:30.
People are scared sh***ess.
About ½" of snow & it has quit. No wind & 32º.
Long ways from a blizzard!

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

31° light mist drifting in that will freeze when I move. Most of the storm has moved east and seems to be stuck on Ju's area and eastward to the Ohio side, Daylite Savings is coming this weekend I hear, so it's back to the dark morni gs again for awhile...

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Mountain View, HI

Back to beautiful sunny morning, calm, no clouds and mid 60s. Can't wait to get out into the yard on my day off. Could get some heavy showers later.

OK Kitt, I give up - just can't see it - is it a woodpecker, squirrel, deer - got to be something in there somewhere.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

32 degrees and rain currently
44 /25 .for today ..

Microb Look for Squirrels ,, their everywhere , lol . cute little Rats ,,,

Here from past summer is February's Traitor # 1

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Mountain View, HI

I miss squirrels. Had them back in England, cute grey ones. Had them eating chocolate biscuits out of our hands. Saw black ones in Vancouver some years ago. Nothing over here.

Mountain View, HI

Juhur - that does not look any squirrel I remember. Should be a cute little guy sitting up with a big furry tail curled up over its back eating an acorn.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

He said Feb traitor, groundhog.

Not enough snow to make a blizzard. Wind is blowing, but no white-out.

26º. Sunny.

Mountain View, HI

Yeah, I get it now, my wife had to point out what I missed. :) I'll stick with weather. Too hot today, 82f already

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Microb I have been watching squirrels the past few weeks ,, no bother about the Ground hog

We get the big Bushy tailed regular squirrels here we have a few Black squirrels now also ,, they have been moving south for some years ,, The occasional red squirrels are here also , only rarely do we see one ,,

38 degrees now , raining , rain sleet , snow , fog , downpours , and anything you can think of to do with that , We have had today

Best I can do for now ,, Squirrels nest ,,

High in upper 40s but cloudy and dreary all day. Temps dropping now as another arctic blast moves in. About 40 now.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Sorry. Pic is absolutely devoid of living things here. They arent stirring anywhere away from the nests, but even the hawks are holed up. When I pulled away from here, the winds kicked up...
Green Bay now, dash says 29° but it also is a traitor thermometer- after I washed the truck in Indy, it swore to me it was 70° with clean icicles forming. Strange truck, many crossed wires...

Thumbnail by kittriana

86° predicted today and tomorrow, sunny. Record high is 88°, we'll get close today. Average is 72°. We do have a cold front coming in this weekend, so more normal temps.

They gray squirrel is abundant year round here, and in fact I had to chase two of my lounge chair doing "IT" yesterday, so guess Spring is in the air. ☺ The wrens are already making a nest in their usual spot on my front porch.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

31 degrees . 33 the forecast high ,
Gray , overcast ,
Chance of rain ,,20%
NNW 15 mph
Humidity 73 %
I saw a pair of Robins just before this stormy weather , next week is forecasting 40 ' and 50's ,
So maybe ,, just maybe ,, Lamb time begins !

Tomorrow and the next day are cold though, teens and 0 ,, aw , crud , you know ,, ?

Sun ,, Love them flowers ,, Gray squirrels are still better than , Raccoons and Monkeys ,, lol

It feels like we have a bit of Santa Ana winds this morning. They are calling for a high of 71F.

Updated: 6:51 AM PST on March 04, 2015
Clear
47 °F
Clear
Humidity: 68%
Dew Point: 37 °F
Wind: 4 mph from the South
Pressure: 30.02 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 8.80 out of 12

Flowers - jasmine, bougainvillea

Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Awww Sigh ,, pretties too !!! I love them even when it feels like tease ,, lol
Definitely that zone thing , !
Still rain with snow cover here

Mountain View, HI

Thanks for the squirrels Sunkissed.

Heavy rain started at 6am and is forecast to continue all day with the chance of thunderstorms. Flash Flood watch in place until tomorrow morning
Snow forecast for the summits.
Strong tradewinds

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

WL can't keep up with spring. Predicited 10º for high today. Already 13º & bright sun.

Microb, if you like squirrels, you might like this video. The squirrel comes in about half way through the video then hogs the scene. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n8dXMxGzTc

Currently 27 and we had some flurries this morning then just cloudy and windy all day. Another cold day tomorrow then we start hitting 50s and 60s for awhile. We'll all be sweating around here. lol

Mountain View, HI

They were wrong again. Rain eased off. For a few hours it was a nice light rain to soak in without flooding. We need it. When the cloud clears we shall see how much snow there is on the summit of Mauna Kea.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.