Bendy Spider Plant

Hi! I'm wondering if anyone could tell me if my spider plant is doing ok - some of the leaves are bending and droopy with a crease along the bent bit. Should I trim them or will they be ok as is? I have it about 10 months. The pencil was holding it up as it had listed hugely and a root was exposed (maybe not potted deep enough?) but I think it could probably be removed by now. Thanks for any help!

Thumbnail by RuthScales
Fridley, MN(Zone 4b)

You can leave the bended leaves, but they will always be bended. I would trim them, they would look better.
Your pot needs a little bit more soil and that will help to hold the plant up more.

Thanks for the quick reply. Great, I'll get that sorted so. Thanks a million!

I would trim off the leaves to the growth stem. I have one also that does the same. They are very strong growing plants. I just repotted mine from a 6" pot to an 8" for it was literally growing out of the pot. When I removed it, I noticed the roots had actually grown around and around at the bottom thereby raising the plant out of the pot. It also had begun to lean sideways. I trimmed off some of the roots and sat the plant deeper and straighter. The plant is 2 years old from a cutting from my daughter-in-law's plant.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I agree - a little more soil. These plants are easy to grow and very rewarding.

Thanks for all your replies. I trimmed the bent leaves, removed the pencil and added more soil. Looks great now and standing all by itself. Thanks again! Can't wait for it to get bigger and better :)

Thumbnail by RuthScales
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Nice job, Ruth. Be sure to let us know how it does.

I will! Thanks again.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.