Weather, February 2015. Winter continues.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

They're calling for a high of 75F today.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 6:51 AM PST on February 09, 2015
Clear
58 °F
Clear
Humidity: 90%
Dew Point: 55 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.14 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 7.20 out of 12

There is a saying about southern CA. 'The good news is we garden all year. The bad news is we garden all year.'

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Fairfield, Tx 80°, breezes and dry as a bone, or there would apt to be more natives in the winter grasses.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

26 /20 degrees here .
Cold , wet , gray cloudy weather , as winter drags on ,
old story ,

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

A lot colder today. Was supposed to get into low to mid 40s but the sun never broke thru the thick clouds so our high is 37. We actually were around that when I went to work this morning at 6am but as the day wore on the temps dropped several degrees. I was out in it all day unloading mulch, and reloading broken pallets so I felt the drop. lol

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

I've been camping for the past five days, it was nice and sunny, days in the mid to upper 60's, nights in the mid 40's. Got home yesterday afternoon right before a front came through...heavy rain all afternoon.
Supposed to be sunny and windy today, but cloudy right now. High 66°, low tonight 45°.

Kit that is sure a pretty picture with the snowy tree and shed.

We have mild Santa Ana winds today. They are calling for a high of 80F.

Updated: 8:51 AM PST on February 10, 2015
Clear
66 °F
Clear
Humidity: 38%
Dew Point: 40 °F
Wind: 6 mph from the NNE
Pressure: 29.99 in (Rising)
UV: 2 out of 16
Pollen: 7.80 out of 12

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

69° sunny, lo's at night are in mid 45's, beautiful day.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

27 degrees sunshine , 33 the high ,
16 the low .

Everyone here is saying (oh what a nice sunny day ) also
Nice paperwhites kitt
Sunshine and corsage ,,, can't beat that . lol

Currently 47. Not as warm as originally forcasted. lol

Mountain View, HI

A few light showers overnight, mid 60s. Strong westerly winds yesterday evening. Drove through the middle of the island yesterday to go to Costco. "Saddle" road goes 50 miles between Mauna Loa and Mauna kea. 10 miles of thick fog (low cloud) between 3 and 4000 ft, otherwise sunny and windy rocking the van.(Ford E150)

Very hot today, mid to upper 80s with clouds and sun, no wind. Forecast to be HOT on our side of the island as westerlies are coming at us from over land and heating up as they come. Our normal tradewinds get cooled by the ocean from the East. Everything is backwards.

enjoying everyone photos. Wish we could grow Wisteria and daffodils. Miss the snowdrops and crocuses we had in England.

If this is winter, I hate to see summer. They are calling for a high of 81F. It
already 79F so I'm sure it will get hotter than that. We have Santa Ana winds today.

Updated: 9:51 AM PST on February 11, 2015
Clear
79 °F
Clear
Humidity: 13%
Dew Point: 23 °F
Wind: 17 mph from the North
Wind Gust: 23 mph
Pressure: 30.03 in (Rising)
UV: 3 out of 16
Pollen: 9.20 out of 12

Aloe ferox

Thumbnail by Kelli
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Dense drippy fog all morning has cleared to partly cloudy, due to hit 75°.

Mostly cloudy today with temps dropping through out the day. Currently 34.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Rain , Drizzle, Fog , 34 degrees now the high , 16 degrees for tonight

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Winter has returned. Strong NW wind, 25MPH. Temp is only 12º.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Cold, cold, cold!!!! Bitterly cold wind chill from today to the middle of next week. Minus twenty and below wind. So there you go. Sounds like fun doesn't it! This morning 16 with 20 miles an hour winds.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Hi gardenlady123 21 with an 8 degree chill here now
Winds are at 15mph ,, cold morning ,,
Were expecting snow later today , the high of 21 is all ,
20 to 30 mph winds , with an actual 8 degree temperature in another 24 hours or so ,,
I will be back with the wind chill later ,,,,
I doubt we will get as cold as you , but plenty close for my cold , cold , cold , bones !!!

It is obscenely warm. They are calling for a high of 84F (Average is supposed to be 69F.)

Updated: 7:51 AM PST on February 12, 2015
Clear
65 °F
Clear
Humidity: 24%
Dew Point: 27 °F
Wind: 5 mph from the West
Pressure: 30.12 in (Rising)
UV: 1 out of 16
Pollen: 8.70 out of 12

Our high was 22 and sunny most of the day. Strong breeze made it feel even colder.

Bad thing is I left the lights on in my truck this morning and had to jump start it to leave. lol. Took 2 trucks and a charger to get it going. I think the first truck we couldn't get a good enough connection but the cold didn't help any either. lol

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

14º, but south wind is cold!!

Got to keep those lights OFF!

44° this morning, sunny blue and clear. High today 61°, low tonight 38°.

We've only had maybe three nights this winter so far that got into the upper 30's...looks like tonight will be one of those nights. :-((

They are calling for a high of 86F. That is just wrong for this time of year.

Updated: 5:51 AM PST on February 13, 2015
Clear
54 °F
Clear
Humidity: 41%
Dew Point: 31 °F
Pressure: 30.05 in (Rising)
Pollen: 8.70 out of 12

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Waiting on pretty good snowstorm. Going to be a cold weekend. Way below zero windchills and some snow... minus ten overnight. Sound good???? No.

42 currently. Tomorrow we get cold again and Sunday we are supposed to get a few inches of snow.

Mountain View, HI

HOT, clear and WINDY. 30mph, gusts to 50mph from the SW. Mid 80s and bright blue sky. Really weird for us. The wind blew spray across the mountains to us this morning. The cloud line was passing about 10 miles to our south, blue sky overhead with a rainbow. Might get some rain tomorrow as the cold front approaches from Maui.
Saw Whales breaching as I drove down into Hilo this morning. Just outside the harbor breakwater.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

28 / 25
Alerts for high wind and travel , possible snow
45% humidity
17 / 26 Wind
29.97 Barometric pressure

37° this morning, frosty rooftops, haven't seen that yet this winter.

Sunny blue skies, high of 63°, low tonight 46°...thank goodness. Plants don't like it in the 30's.

Happy Valentines Day! ♥♥

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi of 66° due today, lo 47° this morn. Watching weather channel seeing Neptune and Octavia storms moving in. I am enjoying my Valentines Day sunshine. And chocolate!

Thumbnail by kittriana
Mountain View, HI

strong gale force winds continued overnight, sunny clear sky this morning, Ironwoods are howling and plastic roofing of front deck is taking a beating. 30 - 50 mph gusts. Small trees down yesterday. Event should end later today as front passes through. We might get some rain but iffy.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Microb Hawaii sounds so beautiful.... whales and all. We have snow drifts if that intices you at all. The poor birds are having a time to eat at the feeders. Which I do keep filled all the time. Bird bath too. But the wind and cold and snow are all we are talking about. Cold cold cold. Wind up to 25 to 30 mph. So well below zero chills. The temp says 12 but.......

They are calling for a high of 84F and I don't doubt that it made it.

Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Still in awe and envy of most here , the zone thing ,
10 degrees here 1 for tonight , chills will be 20 -30 below ,,
10 below the chill
20 to 30 mph winds
Forecast showing 30 35 gusts of wind , but the meter says nearer 40 some of the gusts ,
48 % humidity
Wind advisory
Wind chill advisory and warning
snow , frost cover about the amount , 5 and 10 minute white outs today , off and on ,,

Down to 24 right now. Our high was around 36 or so today with sunshine and gusty winds.

It's roughly the same as yesterday. They are calling for a high of 79F and sunny today. No wind to speak of. There is no rain in the forecast.

Updated: 5:51 AM PST on February 15, 2015
Clear
53 °F
Clear
Humidity: 55%
Dew Point: 37 °F
Wind: 6 mph from the West
Pressure: 29.99 in (Rising)
Pollen: 8.60 out of 12

Gotta see the flowers before they all dry up.

Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli
Mountain View, HI

High winds stopped at about 3 pm yesterday, Three sheets of new plastic blown from front deck roof, greenhouse plastic needed retying down, road blocked to our left by large Ironwood. We were lucky. Hundreds of trees down in lower Puna (lava flow area) and lots of power lines down.
This morning cloudy, still and very light drizzle. With all this drama still NO RAIN!. (Its just gone from drizzle to light rain)
Forecast is dry for the coming week. Lawns going brown, plants looking wind beaten and sad.
That was our fourth serious damaging wind event including Hurricane Iselle since August.
Enjoying all those pics. Sorry for those folks across the mainland with wicked temps and all that snow.

It was just plain nice today, I enjoyed reading my book outside in the warm sunshine. I think it made it to 69°. Breezy, but not windy. Not going to stay that way though, they say freezing in a few more nights.

Nice pictures Kelli. I don't recall being that warm in February when I lived in So. Calif., ever.

Currently 17 and last I saw sleeting. Not sure if it's switched to snow or not.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

20's day , Single digit nights ,, recurring theme ,,
Just think cold , I don't want to .
Winter ,, winter , winter ,, etc .

Sunkissed, it is a lot warmer than average and is a drought year on top of that.

They are calling for a high of 77F today.

Updated: 8:51 AM PST on February 16, 2015
Clear
59 °F
Clear
Humidity: 64%
Dew Point: 47 °F
Pressure: 29.98 in (Steady)
Visibility: 7.0 miles
UV: 2 out of 16
Pollen: 7.80 out of 12

Mountain View, HI

Today started off clear and cool. Upper 50s. Quickly heating up under clear sunny skies.
Wind is now light out of south east putting us in direct line with the smoke coming off the lava flows. Blue haze across the garden and sulphur taste in the mouth. Hopefully wind will move direction just a little and get rid of this smoke.
No rain worth mentioning yesterday. No Rain forecast until Thursday or Friday. Mostly clear and dry for ever, I think.
Just one day of rain Jan. 26th other wise nothing since Dec. 23rd.
Not sure if I would prefer nice clean cold snow or sulphur tasting smoke.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.