Rose Swap: Time to Smell the Roses Reveal

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Is there supposed to be a picture?

Ocean Springs, MS

That is a beautiful rose, and you are right about pairing with a blue clematis! Would look stunning! :)

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Hmmm, it wouldn't load the picture.

Thumbnail by rouxcrew
Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Very pretty!!

That is very pretty!

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Linda Kay, thanks you so much. The roses arrived in perfect condition. The Rose of Hope was just what I needed with everything going on with my health. It is a yellow rose with orange/red shading on the petals. Do you know what color the Mermaid one is as it didn't say? And you should not have gotten 2 but am very pleased with both. Again thank you so much. I love them both and will have my daughter try and put the pictures on for me.

Kathy

This is the mermaid rose. It is a climbing rose.

Thumbnail by taters55
Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Thanks Linda, also very pretty and now I know where it is going.

Glad you like them.

Ocean Springs, MS

Kathy, the Rose of Hope is beautiful. I plan to order one for myself once I'm all done with this baby shower. went to buy the food yesterday and the total was $170.00! That included the ingredients for the cake since I'm making them! But that doesn't include what I've already spent on decorations, game prizes, and gifts for the shower! Or the rental of the community center! Whew!

Was hoping my buddy would get her box today. Have to check the tracking.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Julie, I know all about the money it takes for a baby shower, they do cost a lot but was worth every penny that I spent on it. Noah is 17 months old and Megan still has baby wipes from the shower. I had hers at the church so no cost there which was a big help.

I love both roses, wasn't expecting to get 2 but do appreciate them.

Ocean Springs, MS

Kathy, this is the third baby shower I've done in a year! And I'm ashamed to say, I'm tired! My daughter-in-law has helped so much with decorations and planning, and I'm so thankful for her!

Doctor put me on Abilify yesterday to take with the Cymbalta for the fibromyalgia and depression. I hardly slept at all last night. Hopefully it will level out and I will feel better soon. :)

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Julie, hope that you can get some sleep, I have not been sleeping well either but still stressed about my surgery, should know by Wednesday when my appointment will be. My oldest daughter has fibromyalgia so know what you are going through.

Off to work, hope I can find a ride home the next couple of days as I have been riding with my DIL to be and she works 12 hours both days.

Everyone have a great day. Kathy

Ocean Springs, MS

My dear sweet buddy, your 3-day delivery box has been in transit for a week now! I am so sorry! Apparently it went to Memphis, TN, and was delayed by the weather! I hope it gets to you soon and is ok!

Kathy, still praying for you! ♥

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Julie, heard from the doctor today, my appointment is March 20th, I could have gotten in this Thursday but had no one to cover me at work so that I could get paid for it and also they are calling for 6-12 inches of snow starting tomorrow afternoon and also sleet so thought it best to go on the 20th. First day of spring so maybe that is a good omen. Kathy

Ocean Springs, MS

Great news to hear you got an appointment! Yes, I see that everyone is getting another round of snow!

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Great you got an appt.

My rose just put out a bloom. It is so cute, about the size of a quarter.

Thumbnail by rouxcrew
Ocean Springs, MS

Oh, it's beautiful! :)

Nice to see a rose bloom, that is so pretty!

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

They have now changed the appointment to March 26th but I will be seeing the surgeon that day and will do all the paper work then, at least I hope that hasn't changed either.

Predicting 6-12 inches of snow here before it is all said and done. Will just have to get up on the morning and see how much is on the ground and decide about work. If I don't go in, I will have a 4 day weekend and honestly I could use it.

Everyone stay safe and warm.

Kathy

Ocean Springs, MS

Ah, Kathy, so sorry your appt got delayed. And take advantage of that 4-day weekend if you can! :)

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

I plan on doing as little as possible. At least this appointment is with the surgeon and just not to fill out all the paper work.

Julie, I got my box of roses today! They are beautiful, and thanks for the beautiful purple clematis and chocolate rose too! I think they will look beautiful growing together.

Josephs coat and maid of honor climbing roses, and purple clematis.

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55

Julie, just wanted to say Thanks for another awesome swap!

Ocean Springs, MS

You are so welcome, Linda Kay! I have been so anxious about everything arriving in good condition because I mailed it out Feb. 24! Tracking still shows it is in transit-delayed! I couldn't resist the chocolate rose or sending the clematis. It will be beautiful growing with the roses!

Only one more person to receive and that's me! But I'm glad everyone else has received and loves their roses! Thank you all for a great swap! ♥

Ocean Springs, MS

Been trying to reach Tracy (Flogro) by dmail, phone, and facebook with no luck. She was supposed to send to me! If anyone hears from her, please let her know we are worried about her. Thanks, Julie

I have not heard from her. I hope she is OK.

(Tracy) Lk Pan, FL(Zone 9a)

Holy cow guys....I am so sorry for dropping off of the face of the earth for a whole week! I'm in charge of the canal maintenance in my community and a high priority/labor intensive project finally came to fruition. I've been trying to get these guys all on the same page at the same time for nearly 18 months and the stars just happened to line up! Anyways, sorry for cutting myself off. I've been going straight to bed every night and all but abandoned the phone (I've lost a few in the lake so mine stays home and we take DHs...he never talks to anyone anyway so it's no big deal if his drowns!)

Back to the roses. Julie, you should've received your rose by now. It was supposed to have been delivered Fri. It says it left Greenville SC on the 5th and is currently in transit. The poor thing was shipped on the 4th. That's way too long.

Ocean Springs, MS

Glad to hear from you, Tracy. Mail is backed up because of the weather. I mailed to Linda Kay on Feb. 24 (3 day priority) and it took her almost 10 days to get it. It will come soon. Thanks so much, Julie

Ocean Springs, MS

No rose today, Tracy. The weather probably has it all messed up!

Julie, are you having bad weather?

Ocean Springs, MS

We're just getting a lot of rain. What I was referring to was the ice and snow that hit the Carolinas last week. I know it delayed the mail for a couple of days in that area.

(Tracy) Lk Pan, FL(Zone 9a)

Julie, your rose is in Ocean Springs!!!! 7 days....wow.

Ocean Springs, MS

Flogro, my rose is now in my sunroom! Yay! It is in perfect condition, roots still moist, and leaves budding out! And it is HUGE! The name of the rose is 'Wild Blue Yonder'! It is a Grandiflora Rose that has a rich citrus-and-rose scent and unique Camellia-blossom form. I love it, love it, love it! I can't wait to put it in Daddy's Memorial Rose Garden. Thank you so very much again! :)

First two pictures are the rose I received. Last one is a picture of the blooms to come! ♥

Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

Thank you all for a beautiful rose swap! So glad you all enjoyed it! Maybe we can do it again next year, so get ready if you plan to participate! Have fun planting and I'd love to see pics of blooms later in the season! :)

This was a wonderful swap, I will be looking forward to doing it again!

Edited to add, I love the color of that rose Julie!

This message was edited Mar 12, 2015 5:04 PM

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Also loved doing this swap.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.