Rose Swap: Time to Smell the Roses Reveal

Ocean Springs, MS

Linda Kay, thanks! I just realized that i also get to buy new sheets and a comforter set. Getting a whole new look for my room! :)

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Then you will need new curtains too! :)

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Linda Kay, sure hope that they also. They are calling for anywhere from 4-8 inches of snow here from tomorrow going into Tuesday morning and Megan has surgery in the morning so hope that the worst of it passes us by.

Julie, always nice to be able to buy new things for the bedroom. I am hoping to get mine painted this summer.

Everyone stay warm and safe.

Kathy

What is she having surgery for? Sending prayers for Megan.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

She has hemorrhoids inside and out and they are going to remove. Her doctor told her that he wouldn't want to meet her in a dark alley for the next couple of weeks but she has had them since she was pregnant and just wants them taken care. Thanks for the prayers.

Ohhh. I went through that years ago. Not pleasant at all. Tell her to make sure she takes stool softeners daily.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Linda Kay,

I know that they are painful as I had to have mine removed. They have already told her to take the stool softeners and sure hope that they heal ok. We are expecting 6-8 inches of snow so hope that we can make it home from the hospital and her husband can get me home.

Ocean Springs, MS

No curtains in the budget! Boys were helping me put the bed together and it had the wrong frame. Since I bought it at an auction, my only option is to buy a new frame (it's an antique brass bed). So, I'll get the mattress, boxsprings, etc. while on sale tomorrow, but I'll have to find a frame.

Kathy, praying for Megan and that the weather doesn't get too bad. ♥

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Thanks Julie, I'm getting ready to head to her house now so hope to talk to everybody tomorrow evening. Everyone stay safe and warm.

Sorry to hear you got the wrong frame for your bed.
Hope you can post pictures of your new bed and comforter.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Megan made it thur the surgery fine but will be in lots of pain for a couple of weeks. A trip that should have taken 1/2 hour to get home, took about 2 hours as the roads were really bad. We are still getting snow so will have to wait until morning and see what my DIL wants to do about going to work as I am not allowed to drive and my car is overheating so can't drive it at the present.

Everyone stay safe and warm.

Kathy

Sending prayers for a speedy recovery.

Ocean Springs, MS

Sending prayers to you, Kathy. Please stay warm and safe! ♥

Amanda has the 2015 Spring Round Robin Interest thread OPEN HERE:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1386836/

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Thanks girls, if the doctor hasn't called by Thursday evening I am going to call my doctor and see if they can set up the appointment. I am tired of waiting.

Ocean Springs, MS

Praying and waiting right along with you, Kathy! ♥

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Thanks Julie and on top of that I have a toothache this evening.

Ocean Springs, MS

Aw! Sending you hugs! ♥

I hope your feeling better soon Kathy.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Talked to my doctor and said that it could take up to 3 weeks for them to call me. So tired of waiting.

I sure they call you sooner!
I would think about finding another Dr.

Ocean Springs, MS

Yep! I'd be finding another doctor. Really, we are worried about you. I've been in a kick-a** mood all week. Want me to come up there and do some kicking? LOL

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Girls, I am going to call doctor myself on Monday and see what they tell me. If I can't get in sooner I am going to have them try another hospital. They keep saying to keep my stress level down but that is hard to do when I just want to see abut the surgery.

Julie, yes, you can come up and do some *** kicking. I would if I had the energy.

Thanks, Linda Kay, I appreciate both you gals. I have met some very nice people on DG's. Really glad that I joined.

Kathy

Ocean Springs, MS

Good for you, Kathy! Hope they listen to you and get you in ASAP!

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Double good news. I got word that my buddy's Rose will be shipped this week AND that I am getting a rose delivered tomorrow! I am excited.

Ocean Springs, MS

That is double good news! Can't wait to see the goodies! :)

Ocean Springs, MS

Oh, my box is being mailed to my buddy tomorrow. all packed and ready to go! :)

My rose arrived last night, sometime after eight o'clock. I feel for my UPS driver.
Opened it this morning and was delighted to see how well it handled the trip.
Kathy sent me a Pioneer rose called The Republic of TX. It is one of those unusual roses that have leaves and flowers the size of miniatures on a reasonably sized bush. This makes them really fill a space and most are covered when they bloom.
This one is a great border rose, growing two to three feet tall and spreading horizontally. It reblooms throughout the year, is smelly, and needs no pruning. My kind of flower! Did I mention it is a sunshine yellow?
Thanks so much Kathy, I love it. I will probably plant it this weekend.WooHoo!

Joy

Thumbnail by rouxcrew
Ocean Springs, MS

Joy, that is a beautiful rose! My parent's favorite color roses were yellow! You were treated very nicely by Kathy! :)

Love that yellow rose too.

My buddy's rose is sitting at her front door today. I am as excited about hers as I am about mine. I forgot the picture of the actual rose, here it is.

Thumbnail by rouxcrew
Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Joy, so very glad that you liked the rose. Hope that it grows well for you. Happy gardening!!!

Ocean Springs, MS

Pretty rose looks like it's ready to put out some buds! :)

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Nice rose

Julie, could you check with my buddy and make sure she got her rose yesterday? My report says it was delivered yesterday and I don't want anything to happen to it please.

Thanks everyone, I will post when it blooms.

Ocean Springs, MS

Joy, I talked to her and she's been out of town. Hubby let her know and he opened the box and everything is OK. She said she will post tonight or tomorrow. Thanks! :)

Not worried about her posting, just didn't want it to disappear or languish unnoticed.

Thanks,

Joy

(Tracy) Lk Pan, FL(Zone 9a)

Just got home from a long week in Daytona. DH is giving me the weekly garden update and has shown me the rose that Joy sent me! It's a Westerland from ARE!!!! Yay!!! Love love love. Thank you so much Joy! It's just perfect.

According to ARE, the Westerland is a bright orange, semi-double, floribunda climber. I did a quick Google image search and man o man....this thing is gorgeous! A lot a people are pairing it with a bold blue or purple clematis and the effect is just stunning! I think I want to do something like that with it and train it up one of the pillars on my front porch. Talk about curb appeal!! :)

Thanks again Joy. I couldn't be happier.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/113582/

Oh my, that is a beautiful color!

Here is my Wsterland near my front gate. I don't have it trellised and it is an open and airy arching backdrop. You will love the stunning color.

Glad you like it and it arrived ok.

Joy

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.