Rose Swap: Time to Smell the Roses Reveal

Ocean Springs, MS

Please post pictures of your roses as you receive them! We all want to smell the pretty roses! :)
************I'm extending the mail or order deadline to March 15! ******

1. Please send at least one full-size rose. Please keep the cost around $20.00.
2. You may buy a rose and mail it to your partner yourself OR you may order from an online source and have it shipped directly to your partner. IF YOU ORDER ONLINE AND HAVE IT SHIPPED DIRECTLY TO YOUR BUDDY, PLEASE SEND THEM A NOTE LETTING THEM KNOW WHAT THEY WILL BE RECEIVING AND FROM WHAT COMPANY!
3. You may send companion plants if you want, such as clematis, etc.
4. Please list at least the names of 2 roses you would like, your zone, or post color, type of rose (antique, hybrid, tea, climber, fragrant, etc.).
5. Have fun and don't go broke! :)
6. If you think of anything else I need to add, please let me know.
Thanks, Julie

Participants and preferences:
froggies_girl- Julie - received :)

rouxcrew- Joy- received :)

katgroves - Kathy - received :)

Taters 55 -Linda Kay - received :)

Flogro- Tracy - received :)

This message was edited Feb 27, 2015 6:31 PM

This message was edited Mar 8, 2015 9:14 AM

This message was edited Mar 11, 2015 7:11 PM

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

I am here.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

I'm Here watching Not much happening today with the Snow fall so far about 21/2" but the wind is also very strong .,
Zoey came over we planted a few Bulbs in pots when we ran out of things to plant she went home :)

so Now going to look up some seeds I have :) ya all be well .
if anyone has an Helecopter keep it ready for ya might have to rescue me :)

I hope it stops snowing soon Susie, it is supposed to be 73 this afternoon. Wish I could share the warmer temps!

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

I am here also. It starting raining just as I was about to leave work. It is supposed to be all rain until sometime tomorrow morning and then just snow showers. Only time will tell. Everyone have a great day. Anyone watching the Super Bowl? Kathy

Ocean Springs, MS

Kathy, I'm watching the Superbowl. Doesn't really matter who wins, as long as it's a good game!

Susie, You need to come South for the winter! :) Nice that you have a planting partner. I'd love to have one, but Elani is just a wee bit too young now. I think she'd like playing in the dirt! LOL

LK, temps warm here today, but I didn't get much done. Went out to feed the chickens this morning and slipped on the wet steps. Bruised on both legs, elbow scraped, and my spine is hurting. Looks like I'm going to the doctor tomorrow. Would just ride it out, but it bothers me that my spine is hurting.

Have a good night! ♥

Ouch Julie. That's not good. Maybe a hot shower?

(Tracy) Lk Pan, FL(Zone 9a)

Ouch Julie. Always ice a new injury. 20 min on, 20 off, repeat. Fold an ice pack (or bag of frozen veggies) in a pillow case so you can hold each end with your hands and maneuver it to where you need it.

One of the very first things I learned in nursing school was RICE: rest, ice, compression, elevation.

Gm all 2.7* here just looked at the weather channel waiting for brother to get the beast out & Plow us out I have an apt at 12:30 to take peanut in for her shots hope he can get the drive cleaned by then there are Huge drifts in the drive . mean while I'm going to get my dishes done & do a few exercises here in the house don't think I will make it in with the girls today.

Ya all be well & Warm Julie hope your back is better this morning so you do not have to go to the dr's.
& yes I wish I could afford to go south in winter .
that had been my dream ,just didn't work out that way :

Ocean Springs, MS

Good morning. Thank you all for your advice. I'm sore today, but I think I'll be ok. Woke up at 5:30 hurting, but after moving around a bit, I feel somewhat better.

Susie, hope you can get out today. I'm painting a few things today, planting some seeds, and sewing the "frillies" on the twins coming home outfits. I'll post pics when I get them done. Would like to spray paint the rest of the things for the shower, but it hasn't warmed up enough yet. Wanted to go shopping, but probably go Wednesday.

Y'all have a good day. BBL

Glad to hear your doing better Julie, but don't over do it!

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Julie, glad that you are feeling better. Never fun to fall, have done that a few times myself. I didn't watch but alittle of the game, didn't matter which team won. CSI Miami was better.

Linda Kay, would love to have your temps. Right now I am sitting at 27 and the wind is really blowing.

Everyone have a great day. Kathy

Ocean Springs, MS

Kathy, we are going down to 31 tonight! To me, that is COLD!!!!!! LOL

I'm really hurting right now. Didn't get much accomplished today after all. Looks like I'm going to the doctor because my spine hurts, and I hurt when I turn, try to bend over, etc. Poor little Elani wants me to carry her around but I can't even pick her up. :(

Waiting on one thing in the mail, then my box for my buddy will be ready to go! I will only mail if the temps are good, though!

Everyone have a good night! :)

Get to the Dr, and get yourself feeling better.

Ocean Springs, MS

Yes, ma'am! I am making an appointment tomorrow morning. I was too stubborn today, thinking once again I'd feel better. WRONG! Feel worse! Thanks, Linda Kay! ♥

there is not much the doc can do for even a hairline crack on the spin , or sore butts,-hips they send ya home telling ya to rest & then send ya a bill , Ice it girl & rest it will heal within a week Mine did :) I still cannot do the splits zoey can :)
be well. ladies .

Yeah, just like broken toes or fingers. Been there too! I broke my tailbone years ago, falling off the back end of a horse, and it still bothers me.

Ocean Springs, MS

Thanks, Susie. I'll just rest and enjoy it! LOL I still can't do the splits either! There is only one doctor in my area that takes my HMO and he is overbooked! The out-of-network doctors want $500 up front, not including x-rays! So, I will just rest!

Got my hair cut today and feels so much better. Also, went shopping and bought a couple of clematis. Hope to train them on my arbor with my climbing roses.

Oh, I am so ready for Spring! Rained all day, which just made me cold and achy. Ugh! but I've been trying to do some easy tasks and chores to keep from going crazy.
Y'all have a good evening! ♥

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Hello ladies,

I woke up around midnight Tuesday and was very sick, vomiting and severe pain in my left shoulder and going up my neck. I was still that way at 11:00 so had my daughter take me to the ER. They ended up admitting me and I had an MRI done and I have a blood vessel in my neck that is very blocked. My doctor wants me to go to a bigger city so will go to Columbus, OH after I o se him this Wednesday. Don't know how long it will take to get in to see him but they are saying that I will have to have a stent put in so would appreciate all the prayers that I can get. Thanks everyone.

So sorry to her that Kathy. Sounds like your carotid artery? Sending lots of prayers. Please keep us posted!

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Thanks Linda Kay, I will keep you all posted.

Ocean Springs, MS

Kathy, keeping you in my prayers. Glad you went to the ER, and the problem was diagnosed quickly. Praying you see the doctor and have the stent done ASAP. ♥

Back doesn't hurt as bad today, but I'm still taking it easy. got pottery tomorrow. Won't be able to throw on the wheel, but I can do some molding.

My cousins from North Carolina are coming next week. Hope I feel better so I can do some things with them. We usually go to New Orleans one day, but I don't think it's in their plans this time. I'll come up with some ideas.

Everyone have a good night! :)

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

You take care also Julie and thanks. Glad to know that people really care.

My Older sister Just had surgery a month or so ago to have the artery in her neck cleaned out :) she is doing great & says she feels so much better .
Kathy keep us posted our thoughts are with you

Julie, can you post the links to the places that sold roses please?

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Thanks Susie

I have no idea when my surgery will be as I see the doctor here on Wednesday and the he will set up the doctor's appointment for the one in Columbus. Then I will know when.

My buddy will receive her rose at the end of this month. Just wanted to make sure that it was ordered before my surgery.

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers, they are greatly appreciated.

Kathy

Ocean Springs, MS

Here ya go, LK.

www.heirloomroses.com/

www.jacksonandperkins.com

www.antiqueroseemporium.com/online

Here's another. They sell one gallon roses, but they have a good reputation.
http://www.chambleeroses.com/index.php

I'm feeling a little better every day, thank God! ♥

Thanks Julie!

Glad to hear your feeling better.

Hey Julie, that last link, says they are in Tyler, Texas. About 7 &1/2 hours from me.

Ocean Springs, MS

Hi, everyone! How's your rose shopping going? I thought I was almost finished, but then the weather turned cold again! I am so ready for Spring! So ready to plant. My boys are helping me clean my rose garden next week and dig holes for me. Then I can start planting! YAY!

I also ordered some rose seeds. going to try to grow some and share! They are mini roses. Has anyone seen the rainbow rose seeds that people are trying to sell on ebay? Really? Here's a link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Quality-Rare-50pcs-Rose-Seeds-Gift-Home-Garden-Plants-For-Your-Lover-/111485354349?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=410480797921&hash=item19f50b816d

Rainbow roses can only be obtained from splitting the stem and soaking in colored water.

Ocean Springs, MS

I know! But people who don't know that are buying the seeds on ebay! Crazy! I also get a kick looking at the tropical hibiscus. Got some crazy colors for some of them too!

Ocean Springs, MS

Kathy, please give us an update when you can! Praying for you!

Tracy and Joy, y'all doing ok?

If no one objects, I'm going to extend the mail-out date to March 15th. There are 2 other swaps with mailing dates for Feb. 28, so I'll extend mine. Plus I'm trying to locate a very special rose for my buddy! :)

No objections here. Box one of two went out today, 2nd box, the roses will be mailed to my buddy from the nursery on the 23rd.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Julie, still have not heard when I will be seeing the doctor in Columbus, they said that it might be next Friday before they call me. I just want to go and find out when they can get me fixed so that I can plan on playing in my flowers and garden but especially being able to play with Noah this summer.

Once again, thanks for all the prayers as I really need them.

Kathy

Ocean Springs, MS

Kathy, I was so hoping you'd seen the doctor by now! Praying for you! Love ya! ♥

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Julie, thanks so much. I was hoping to have my appointment by now but my doctor said that it could be next Friday before I hear anything. Love you and hope you had a good Valentine's Day.

Kathy, I sure hope the Dr.'s call you in sooner!

Ocean Springs, MS

Thank you, Kathy, for the Valentine's wish. Took my kids out to dinner and they enjoyed it! ♥

Need to get my butt up and do something. I'm buying a new bed tomorrow and need to make room for it. I've been sleeping in a twin bed for almost five years and upgrading to a queen size! The mattress has the gel pillow top that keeps it cool. I am so excited! Can't wait to stretch out on it! Probably do some rose shopping while I'm out tomorrow. I really want to find that one rose that I want to send my buddy! :)

Your going to enjoy that bed. I have heard they are really nice! Have fun shopping!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.