January 2015 weather. Winter is half over!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

We reached 50 something today. Currently 45. Will be like this for the next week.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

A little rain & then wet snow earlier. Now 32º.
Above average for January for sure.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Ann Arbor, Mi Snow again on top of rain this mornin. Drivers act like they are in Baja California tho.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We are the same. 26º.

Mountain View, HI

Still calm, dry and sunny. About 80f highs. Might get rain on Friday

Surf on the North Shore of Hawaii might get to 40ft today.

Lava sluggish, very slow movement. Like 15 yds a day if any.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

They are calling for a high of 73F. No rain in the forecast.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 7:51 AM PST on January 21, 2015
Fog
50 °F
Fog
Humidity: 96%
Dew Point: 49 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.01 in (Rising)
Visibility: 0.2 miles
Pollen: 8.10 out of 12

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Nice yesterday got up to 48 degrees
41/27 today ,, after a severe start a mild January .
NW wind 15
humidity 70%

We are too mild here. Low 50s for high today. Tomorrow will be a little cooler but then back up to 50s again. I'm enjoying it but at the same time it is January. Not normal at all. lol

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

52° this morning, clear blue skies, high 77°, no rain today, maybe tomorrow.

Unseasonably warm. It was 60F at the house before 7AM. They are calling for a high of 71F.

Updated: 7:51 AM PST on January 22, 2015
Clear
54 °F
Clear
Humidity: 30%
Dew Point: 23 °F
Wind: 5 mph from the NNE
Pressure: 30.18 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 8.60 out of 12

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

31 degrees
NW wind 12
Humidity 77%
Moving around outside the wind is plenty cold !

Mountain View, HI

Beautiful sunny, dry, still, blue sky morning, 61f will get up to 80f later.

Push that rain back to Saturday night now. Will be calling for a water delivery very soon as our catchment tank is now below half.

It's dry here too. No moisture at all this month. High in high 30s today but shoot back up to 40s tomorrow. Never had a January this warm this long before. Will be 40s and 50s for foreseeable future. Crazy!!

This has been a warm January for us too, the garden is sprouting new growth and never have I had so many flowers blooming this time of year.

This morning was 62°, sunny and clear now, high 79°, rain coming in tonight though as cold front comes down.

They are calling for a high of 73F again. Low humidity and breezy this morning, more breezy at the house than in Van Nuys, apparently.

Updated: 5:51 AM PST on January 23, 2015
Clear
56 °F
Clear
Humidity: 19%
Dew Point: 14 °F
Wind: 5 mph Variable
Pressure: 30.22 in (Rising)
Pollen: 8.30 out of 12

Some of my trees appear to be putting on buds already for the season. I never expect to see that til Feb at earliest.

Today was 48 for high. It was 27 when I left house this morning to drop my truck off at shop. I didn't feel like wearing my coat so left it at home. lol. My friend thought I was crazy. lol

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

ND was 44° and Mt was also. Dropped to 37° after sundown -@ Terry, Mt to Miles City, Mt I watched an hour of sunset tonite

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Mountain View, HI

Same again, brilliant blue sky, no wind, no rain - HOT today and higher humidity as weather front approaches. Now they say it might not get this far down the island chain.
Getting water from fish ponds to keep plants alive as catchment tank is so low. Swilling out duck water bowls into watering cans for deck plants.
Lots of other water saving measures going into effect around the house.
There is a waiting list for the water trucks to bring in 5000 gallons. Might be $250 a load.
County stand pipes are becoming popular for folks filling water bottles to supplement catchment tanks.

Lots of rain all night long, still pretty windy and gloomy now. Was 70° when I awoke, but has dropped to 62°. Sun will come out later, low tonight 40°. So much for the nice spring like weather.

Gee, I'd never think of HI having drought problems. But it happens here in FL sometimes, even wild fires due to drought like in CA. Not this year though.

I never would have thought HI would have water problems either.

It is windy today. They are calling for a high of 71F. It's already into the 60s so my bet is that it will get hotter than that. It has been hot for January most of the month. The drought is getting worse, too.

Updated: 6:51 AM PST on January 24, 2015
Clear
67 °F
Clear
Humidity: 19%
Wind: 28 mph from the North
Wind Gust: 44 mph
Pressure: 30.11 in (Rising)
Pollen: 8.10 out of 12

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Another 30 degree day
Humid, windy , gray ,, good old winter ,, nice and cold ,,

Threads here are interesting , all the different weather ,,
but , winter is getting to me ,, dragging on ,,,

Mountain View, HI

Cloudless this morning as far as the eye could see. No wind, cool night. Some drips from condensation off the metal roof. Light rain showers moving down the island chain but still may not get this far. Next weather system due next Thursday or Friday. Last real rain was back on December 23rd when we got just over an inch.
Called one water company this morning. Wait list is 2 weeks long. A second one only takes calls on Monday mornings to make up schedule for the following week. I'll call Monday. Left two messages on another company voicemail -no call back yet. A fourth company voicemail said mailbox was full.
Have to put the stress to one side and enjoy this dry weather. Its Hawaii and we don't get time to go to the beach !!!!.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Strange for Hi! Dryer than it seems here too, and warmer. 38° to hi of 50° across Montana. Winds were gusting 35mph @ Livingston, but calmed 30miles up the road. Overcast occasional very light drizzle, until Spokane. Sun went down. Clouds deflated and fell down hard. Pea Soup thick. Still 38°…

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana

This has been the driest winter that I remember ever having. We had a lot of fog and drizzle last month but no real rain really. This month we haven't had anything. We have so many snow blowers just sitting there at work not selling due to the lack of snow. And the ice melt. I have between 10-15 pallets not sold. Not normal.

Today was sunny and temps reached about 60 for a high. No major complaints really even though it's not normal. It allowed us to work outside and get some stuff done. lol

Mountain View, HI

Get the brollies out - Its been raining nicely for the last couple of hours this evening, may keep going all night. Actually went out put my ear to the catchment tank just to hear the water gushing off the roof into the near empty tank.

Have to wait and see how things look tomorrow morning.

Have a great night everyone.

41° this morning at sunrise, clear and sunny, high 65°. At least wind has died down.

Mike glad you got some rain...woo hoo!

Kit, love all the snowy pics.

There has been no rain this month and this is supposed to be our rainy season. This morning it was 68F at 6AM. That is almost obscene. That is warmer than most summer mornings.

Updated: 5:51 AM PST on January 25, 2015
Clear
65 °F
Clear
Humidity: 20%
Wind: 7 mph from the NNW
Pressure: 30.01 in (Steady)
Pollen: 8.20 out of 12

Here's a scary picture of Lake Oroville
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/09/30/california-officially-enters-4th-year-of-drought-year-with-worst-conditions-in-history-climate-water/

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

36 degrees currently , 38 /18 , for today
Steady rain at this hour ,

1/2 to 1 inch of snow forecast ,, some places near 2 to 4 inches is forecast for later as temperatures fall .

Wind 10 to 20 Mph
Humidity 96%

This January's Motto : Mud & Ice ain't Nice ,,,

Mountain View, HI

Lite to moderate rain all night and its still coming down at mid morning. Some areas along the coast have had 6 inches. Water tank now half full - sigh of relief. Should keep raining until tomorrow. Plants are sucking it up.

Two unhappy groups of people today - the water haulers who will have all their bookings cancelled, and all those folks that got water delivered yesterday.

Enough weather stress already. Dodged the following bullets - Hurricane Iselle in August, severe windstorm a few weeks ago and almost ran out of water due to a month without rain.

Today is dreary and windy. Temps stayed in low 40s.

Ju, I love the mud, hate the ice. LOL!!

Glad you are finally getting some rain down there. We had some overnight but nowhere near enough.

57° this morning, woke up to pouring down rain, guess another mini cold front coming down. Mostly sunny after rain done in a hour or so, high 66° windy, low tonight 42°.

Kelli that photo of Lake Oroville is heartbreaking.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Riverbend, Wa 44°, winds 6mph to 12mph gusts. Areas of fog, will reach hi of 58° today.

Thumbnail by kittriana

It is cloudy. They are calling for a high of 69F and a 60% chance of rain this evening.

Updated: 7:51 AM PST on January 26, 2015
Mostly Cloudy
60 °F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 47%
Dew Point: 40 °F
Pressure: 29.99 in (Steady)
Pollen: 7.60 out of 12

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

24 and sunny now about it , 28 maybe for today ..
Snowed after raining , enough to make the roads bad last night and this morning , gone now ..

Hearing it has moved East ,, shopping for Apples ,, Imagine that , it has been a while since I have seen 75 mph winds with snow falling ,
East coast is sounding "FUN"

Currently 52 with a high of 60. Had some sunshine with a stiff breeze. Wasn't bad but wasn't great out with the wind.

42° this morning, Sunny calm, no wind. High today 65° with a bit of breeze. Sounds good to me.

We got a quarter inch of rain last night, which I think is a good total for a 60% chance. We could use more but that is the end of it. Remember that it rarely rains here in the day, at least not in drought years. They are calling for a high of 70F today. DH will be complaining about the heat when he gets back from Port Hueneme today. (That's Wah-nee-mee.) If it's sunny, he'll probably need to run the air conditioner in the car. The sun is strong.

Updated: 7:51 AM PST on January 27, 2015
Overcast
56 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 90%
Dew Point: 53 °F
Pressure: 30.19 in (Rising)
Visibility: 5.0 miles
Pollen: 6.10 out of 12

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

26 degrees here 27//16 forecast
Cold, wet weather , light snow ground cover ,
usual January .

55 for high today, tomorrow we should shatter the old record of 65 and reach 70.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Heading thru Pasco, Wa on my way to Umatilla/ Hermiston, Wa/Ore. 38° nippy. Off the heights and soon dropped below the cloud to drive

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.