2015: May it be healthy and fulfilling!!

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Ken, a man of many talents! Especially in the garden and greenhouse! But if you ever do go the Apple route, you'll need to make sure you have a printer with the 'air' designation on it. As Charlotte said, printers these days are very inexpensive (less than $100 will get you all you need) to print from any operating system. Our old one didn't work with Apple devices (ipads or iphones). This is so convenient and like Sandra said, you can be so lazy....just print from the couch and go pick it up later.

Love your photos, btw!! We need a little cheering up today with the temps what they are!

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

That is the 'Marbled Rainbow', Jeri, and yes, it sure does have a lot of spots. No so much stripes though. Here it is when in bloom, and it bloomed a month ago, will bloom again in the spring, and often blooms again in mid-summer. No fragrance though.

"Last one" ?

Ken

Thumbnail by drdawg43 Thumbnail by drdawg43
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I love your orchids Ken! I try to have at least one blooming orchid to look at! But I just pick mine up already blooming and set it aside when it through. If it reblooms fine, if not it get tossed! I went berserk about 18 years ago and bought tons of orchids. I didn't know what I was doing. Just happened to see them at a Flower and Garden Show in Nashville, TN and then bought some more at an orchid show in Little Rock. That phase didn't last long! I enjoyed them for a while anyway.

Yes the air printer is the same as a e printer but it will also say air on it. I've gone through a number of wireless printers. They have gotten cheaper every time I've bought a new one. The last one stopped printing color for some reason. It would print B/W but not color. It's cheaper to just buy another one than to try to get one repaired. I think some are wireless but don't have the air print capabilities. It needs to say air on it for it to work with an iphone or ipad.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh, my, Ken, those are all just scrumptious! I think orchids are the absolutely prettiest flowers on earth! The bromeliads aren't bad, either. LOL

I just take the easy way out--whenever I need to print something from my laptop or ipad, I just email it to Al and he prints it for me. The printer is hooked up to his desktop computer. :D

Well, my orchid is not blooming but several of my African Violets are. I have them all under a grow light in Al's man cave (better known as "The Heap"). I know they are supposed to be dormant this time of year but they didn't get the message. LOL In the spring and summer I move them out to the glassed-in porch on the back of the house. They get lots of natural light but no direct sun and there are sliding glass windows that can be easily opened to allow plenty of air circulation. All of my house plants go out to the back porch or to the side carport in the spring/summer. I have one elephant's foot (AKA "pony tail plant") that is 40 years old and one corn plant that is about 30 years old. I need to cut off the top 3 feet of the corn plant but I don't want to do it unless I can somehow get it to put out roots from the stem and make another plant before I cut it off the mother plant. I will have to google how to do that unless any of you have any suggestions. ???

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

I never had any luck with African Violets, but to tell you the truth, after my failure with them 30 years ago, I never tried again. That just goes to show you, though I have success with orchids, not everyone can be successful with everything they grow. Of course, I tell everyone I chat with or see, that ANYONE can grow orchids. I guess I am prejudiced, huh? LOL

Ken

P. S. I used to have some "corn plants" and rooting those cuttings was fast and easy. If I remember correctly, I rooted the cuttings in damp peat, in a warm, humid environment. I just stuck the calloused end about 2" deep. It bet it would work as well using 1/2 potting soil and 1/2 perlite and probably with other "rooting" soils as well.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Ken, I believe you are correct in your method of rooting those corn plant cuttings. I looked it up on bhg.com and this is what they had to say:
"Corn plant propagates relatively easily. If you cut off the top, the cane that is left normally will resprout, although it may take a couple of months to do so. You can use the stem tip that is cut off as a cutting, sticking it in a pot after dusting the cut end with rooting powder. Keep it humid and moist until new roots form. You can also propagate it by placing a piece of the cane on its side in moist rooting medium, again, keeping it humid and moist (by covering it with plastic) until new roots and shoots form.
If you're still not sure about taking a cutting, you could also air layer the plant. Rather than completely cutting off the top, simply make a notch in the stem about half way around the stem. Prop it open with toothpicks . Dust with rooting powder. Wrap moist sphagnum moss around the stem and enclose the most in clear plastic. Keep the moss moist until you see new roots developing. At that time, cut off the stem just below the roots, and pot up the new plant."

I have had my African violet plants for years. They are just the plain old variety of violets--not one of the new fancy hybrids. I have six of them. Some people think they are "fussy" and demand a lot of care but I have found that my method of "benign neglect" seems to work well for them. I only water them when the top 1/2 inch to 1 inch of soil seems dry. I have always watered my violets from the top rather than from the bottom.

I think what I am going to try is the "air layering" method because I just really hate to cut off the top 2 or 3 feet and throw it away.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Look what I found ladies

http://festivalnet.com/43629/Forest-Hill-Louisiana/Festivals/Louisiana-Nursery-Festival

Anyone interested in going?

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

Jeri, do you know about the Forest Hill LA area?

Ken

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Yes it's just up the road about 100 miles or so. We go the day before this event every year. We meet at the Burger King just off the interstate and then have a ball, . In years gone by everyone would come back to my house and spend the weekend and we'd have a RU the next day. Still not enough friend time.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Wish I could make the Forest Hill event but can't. I loved the RU at your house several years ago. It was such fun! Lot's of good memories.

I've grown African violets in my kitchen window since I was in my early twenties. Always just unnamed varieties I bought according to the color. They would last me for years and they were super easy to propagate. Marilyn I had always taken care of them the same way you do and they thrived on neglect. Then Kathy Ann gave me a bunch of her named African violets and I decided to take proper care of them. I bought African violet potting soil and repotted all of them. Watered them from the bottom instead of the top and used an African Violet fertilizer in the water when I watered them. (What Kathy Ann told me to do) Well I managed to kill every one of them in a short amount of time taking care of them the proper way!!! I still have one that she didn't give me. In almost 50 years I had managed to successfully grow African violets without any problems! But when I changed my own way of doing it I killed them all! I had actually gotten tired of them and had decided to stop growing them before Kathy Ann gave some to me. I think it was some where around 12 or 14 I managed to kill with supposedly proper care. She also gave me some Streps. I only killed a couple of them! LOL I finally started just started neglecting them and they bounced back and are doing good.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

How bout if you set up a booth at the Festival. It could be a working weekend. LOL!!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Jeri as you know Richard is my problem. Don't like to leave him overnight more than I have to. He has been on a tear today!! You have to learn to be flexible. He was up and dressed ready to go at 8:30 am today!!! He doesn't usually want to ever go anywhere until after lunch. He had a list of things he wanted to do. None of which were good!!! He's wanting some kind of medicine. He saw an ad on tv and of course decided he needs it - whatever it is. He can never remember the name and can never write it down right! Which is a good thing because he can never find it!! We went through this with another ad he saw back months ago. Then he had blank checks scattered all over the place and wanted to go to the bank. I have hidden his check book but he found some old checks from years ago that had been misprinted and just never got thrown away. He wants to find out how much money he has! He said he might have $200 still in the bank!!! LOL Of course he has no concept of money and can't even pay for anything by himself! He needed a haircut so I took him there first trying to get him distracted from his list! Then I took him out to eat and took him riding for a long time. After we got back he found some more of the checks! Hoping he will forget about it by Mon. Gets interesting around here!!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

I know but I forgot in all my excitement. It is so far between all of us!!! Such a shame!!! Even between Cindy & I.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Yes it is. I think Cindy is probably sort of half way to you and to us in central AaAR.

Hope Ricard is back to just watching TV tomorrow! Tonight he was upset because he thought I had thrown away a Christmas card he got from a frien! I knew he had not gotten one this year. He finally find it! Turned out to be a card he had gotten from a lady he went to school with. They had some kind of class reunion in 2006 and the ladies husband took a picture of her and Richard. She sent him a copy along with a note! Certainly not a Christmas card from this Christmas! But sure glad he found it so he could stop being upset! The things they get in their mind!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

I know that kind of behavior has to be mentally and physically exhausting for you. I know how I feel after one of the kids has been in that kind of mood. HUGS!!!!

Off to church and we are starting our 11 days of fasting. I'm giving up cokes. They want something you love and I think that is one of my favorite things!!! I gusling my last one now.

Hope everyone is staying warm and has a wonderful day.

I'd love to come down there, Jeri, but I think the timing is bad. We have Fleetwood Mac tickets in Nashville for the 18th and plan to stay overnight there and spend the 19th there for at lease part of the day. Keep me posted if y'll plan anything for the weekend. I also think the following week is spring break here and we always sort of wait and see what the grandkids are doing.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Good morning, Gardening Buds!!! It has been a while!! Is everyone just posting on FB? We are suppose to warm up this weekend. The high today is 61. So I may even venture out in the garden. We had started to bud back out when the freeze last week hit. Poor, poor plants!!!

I hope all of Yall are doing better!!! I saw on FB that Kim has the flu. As quiet as it is on here I'm worried about all of Yall. Brooklyn has it here but that's it so far. Of course in about 2 weeks may be a different story.

Mary only has to do one more chemo and then they will check her to see if more chemo is needed. Yall remember her. She has been though so much.

Well I'm off to see what I can get into. I hope Yall are just busy!!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

We are all fine here. No flu - no colds. I've been busy with my antique booths. I got a lot of new stuff in. I sold most all of my Christmas stuff but had a little to take down and pack away. But all the new stuff meant totally redoing all my booths! Sold some furniture and brought a few new pieces in. So I've been really busy with it. It took me all week working all day. I had a pallet of stuff to unbox and process Mon and another one on Thurs but it looked presentable when I left late yesterday afternoon.

Who would think there would be drama with antique booths! I had a lady but a dresser on hold Sat and she was going to come in Sun and pay for it. Well Sun another lady saw the hold tag on it and decided she wanted it. They told her they couldn't sell it to her unless the other lady didn't come by the end of the day. It was raining and bad so the lady with the hold on it called and said it was too bad to pick it up Sun so she would be in Mon. Well the lady at the mall told her she could only hold it through Sun so she then at the end of the day she sold it to the other lady! Then the lady with the first hold came in to buy it Mon. She was amazed that it was gone! Then the lady that actually bought it keeps calling me about other things. She wanted me to custom paint a bunch of other pieces she had found. I told her I didn't do custom work and gave her the name of some place that does. She texted me back that the place I referred her to had painted a bedroom suite for her daughter and that she was hard to work with and was very expensive! Duh do you think I was going to mess with painting all her stuff for practically nothing! People!!

Cleaning house today. Richard's daughter and family are coming over this afternoon. It's a beautiful day. It's going to be somewhere around 60. Sun is shining! I think it's going to be this way for several days.

I'm glad Mary's chemo is going to be over soon! Tell her I said Hi and that I'm thinking about her and praying for her.

Ripley, MS

I have been to see Cayla this week, left on Monday, came home Thursday afternoon, just in time to say bye to Jerry's Mom, Glenda is moving her in with them. I am very sad about it but it is the best for all of us right now. I couldn't take care of her not knowing when Cayla might need me. Glenda has always been her main health care always taking her to the doctor, before she moved here and she doesn't work, Cathy and Jerry both have to work. Glenda's hubby came for her lift chair last night. I will sure miss her.
Cayla is so much better than she was, but still having trouble with her back. I caught up all the laundry and cleaned the house up good for them. Yesterday I took Judy for a test, then dropped her off and took off to pick up Charity and Faith for the long week end.
No sickness here, just been busy this week, prayers and hugs for sweet Mary !

Jeri, thanks for the report on Mary. I hope she doesn't have to go thru more chemo. My friend Renata is going thru hers, and seems to be holding up well so far. Saw her about two weeks ago and she was wearing her wig and looked good. You know how it is...good days and bad days. Our birthday girls group gets together Monday, so we'll see if she can make it. I should call her and see if she needs a ride.

Charlotte, people can be so demanding. I don't know if I could deal with the public.

I have been dealing with a toothache, and finally got a root canal yesterday morning after dealing with our 'ice storm' which was really nothing but sure caused havoc on the roads yesterday morning. It took me an hour an 20 minutes to get from home to the endodontist, which would normally be about 25 minutes. His assistant got there 2 minutes before I did, so no worries, everyone was fighting traffic, and she had to travel further than me. I had never had a toothache before, but this one sure kept me up Tuesday night! Then heat started hurting it.The gum wasn't inflamed or anything, and it was a tooth that was capped. It even looked ok on the X-ray, so my dentist sent me to the endodontist. He identified it and once he got started working on it, he said there was infection in there, so I was lucky I had indications.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I don't have to deal with a lot of people but get my share from time to time. I can normally just let the mall employees handle it but this woman was an exception!

Tooth problems are not fun Elaine! I don't normally have tooth ache problems either. I can very well remember the one time I did. I was in Washington, D.C. on business when a tooth started hurting and I can remember getting something from the drug store to ease the pain. When I got home I ended up having to have it pulled and an implant put in. It was a tooth that I believe had had a root canal or something but anyway no way to save it. Like you it wasn't inflamed or anything. But it hurt enough that I can still remember it from some 20+ years ago. The only permanent tooth other than a wisdom tooth I've ever had pulled.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Didn't get to finish my post earlier.
Sandra glad to hear Cayla is doing better. Sure hope that continues. I know you miss Mrs. Mills being next to you but it just seems she will be better off actually being with someone all the time. I know it will be easier on those that have been taking care of her.

Ripley, MS

Yes, it will be much better for Glenda too, she hasn't been left alone since she came from the hospital. My mind knows it is for the best, but my heart hurts she had to leave her home.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I know Mrs. Mills hated to have to leave her home too but sometimes we get to the point we just can't stay in our home any longer. You all take really good care of her. I know she appreciates all you did for her that helped her be able to stay there as long as she did.

We stopped by Kohl's the other night to get Richard some bigger pants. Too many snacks! He decided to go in with me and I pushed him around in their wheelchair. He really enjoyed it. After I got home I did some research on the internet and found that I could buy a transport chair for just a little over 100.00. So I ended up ordering one and plan to get him out more. He doesn't need a wheelchair but he can't walk long distances and walks really slow. I got one that I can also use in places likes parks, etc. It folds up and weighs 22 lbs. He is really excited about getting it. I think it will help him to get him out in the fresh air when the weather is good and if it's bad can take him places like Wal Mart, Target and just ride around in it. Most big stores have some sort of chair but they are not always available and he wouldn't get him them because he didn't want anyone to see him in a wheel chair. He's gotten beyond the point where that bothers him.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

WOW!!! Just got in from church and it was awesome!!! The electricity went off in the middle of our song service and the church never even blinked and if anything we sang louder than when the microphones and musical instruments played. I work the info desk after services and everyone was so pumped over this happening.

I'm glad that Cayla is doing better. I'm still praying for a complete recovery!!! Has her new doctors explained what happened? I have researched what has been posted even more and I still don't understand how this happened.

Charlotte those booths are doing great!!! You totally need to clone yourself!!! I haven't heard from Cindy in a couple months, I hope she is doing as well.

Elaine I had my trip to the dentist last week also and after 3 hrs. emerged with a sore jaw and my ear is acting up now. So you certainly have my sympathy. Sad news is I have to go back Wed. He did another implant and has to put the cap on it Wed.

Thank Yall for remembering Mary. I so appreciate it!!! We're heading out for lunch and see what we can get into after that. LOL!! Yall have a great day!!! We have sunshine!!!

Ripley, MS

Sun is shining here today too, beautiful day !
I wish that Glenda had got that transport wheelchair for Mammaw, the one she has weighs a ton, takes two of us to lift it and so awkward to load. I am glad Richard enjoyed his outing.
I am about ready for a shopping trip too. That is if the weather holds like it is now.

Jeri, I have searched and researched on what happened to Cayla also, the only thing I can tell you is when the pain block was given in Memphis on Oct 21st, there was a bleed, the blood formed a mass that interfered with the normal way the craniospinal fluids work. Her brain then swelled and the fluid was on her brain was causing the all over pain. Her back still hurts. This is a hurt that can be controlled with a pain pill though and nothing like what she had before the fluid was drained. The blood mass is in a place where no surgeon will touch and the body "should eventually" absorb it.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Well that was said so that I could understand it, better!! My heart just breaks for what she went through and the original problem still needs to be addressed. I thank God everyday for the Doctors at Vanderbilt and that they were able to give her this relief!! I think I would go there for her original problem also when the time comes.

I bet you do feel lost with all that time on your hands now but it won't be long and maybe you'll feel like getting outside some. I'm headed to the pond now. I'm even gonna feed the fish and let them know I still love them.

Charlotte sounds like you snack basket is a big hit with Richard if he has gained a little weight. You'll have to post that name of his light weight chair. Linda(my wife in law) left Jim a new Jazzy chair when she died, but it is extremely heavy and I have trouble controlling it when I was playing with it.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Jeri I hope the chair turns out to be good. I'll let you know when I get it how I like it.

Sandra in doing my research Medicare pays for a wheelchair but they don't pay for a transfer chair. That may be why Glenna got the heavy wheelchair. Richard doesn't need a wheelchair. He can get around fine. He just can't walk long distances and he is unstable on his feet in unfamiliar territory. I notice when he walking on a sidewalk and it changes color or texture he stops and tries to step up or step down when it's actually all the same level. His dept perception is not accurate. He can't operate this chair himself. It's strictly a chair that has to be pushed by someone.

It was a beautiful day today!! We went for a long ride.

Ripley, MS

You are probably right, Charlotte.

Forgot to tell you that I talked to Cindy at Christmas and she and Jimbo both had the flu

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Seems more people have had the flu this year even after taking the flu shot.

This is the chair I ordered. I chose this one because it has the larger back wheels which I read helped on uneven terrain and also because it was light weight. I looked at some that cost a little more but they also weighed quite a bit more. I wanted something I can easily handle.
http://www.wayfair.com/Karman-Healthcare-19-Ultra-Lightweight-Transport-Wheelchair-with-Hand-Brake-LT-1000HB-KAR1023.html

This message was edited Jan 18, 2015 8:02 PM

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Nobody sick here either, except Al did have a short-term stomach upset last night but he is ok now. We have just been busy. I am president of our church's women's group and also chairman of our church's administrative counsel (that's the group that handles church business, etc.) so I have duties associated with both of those positions that keep me busy. Also I am on Facebook and on two different forums at "that other place". I did not realize it had been so long since I had checked in here.

I keep up with Sandra and Cayla on one of the other forums at that other place and with most of the rest of you on Facebook so I have to remind myself to check in here.

Charlotte, that chair looks like just what you need especially if it is lightweight and easy for you to handle. Buddy didn't have Alzheimer's but he did have dementia which was caused by a Traumatic Brain Injury which he suffered in 1997 when he wrecked his race car. Although his dementia was not nearly as serious as Richard's, still I can relate to what you are going through. You have done really well in keeping Richard at home and managing all that you do. Hugs to you!

Jeri: I remember when you had your RU. We had so much fun! I rode with Charlotte and we stopped at Cindy's and spent the night with her, and so did Genna. Then we all drove to Forest Hill before driving on down to your place. We filled up the back of Charlotte's truck at Forest Hill! LOL I would really like to come down there again but will have to pass this time around. I do plan on going to Kathy Ann's on May 30th. I hope you and the others will be able to come to her place. It's been a while since we have all been together. Mary has our prayers!!

Sandra, I was so glad to hear Cayla is doing a little bit better. I meant to say that in my post the other day, but that toothache had me so flustered I must not have known which end was up. Like Jeri, I my heart just breaks for what she has been through, and you all too. I hope she can get back to Vanderbilt to fix her original hip problem in the future armed with the knowledge they have now. I know you all must miss Mrs Mills but it is good to hear that it will be a good thing for both Glenda and for Mrs Mills too.

That chair looks very good, Charlotte, especially the weight at only 22 lbs. Hope others can get something similar for their needs.

I saw on FB that Cindy had been very sick with flu. Hope they are getting better. There are a lot of people with flu and flu-like viruses these days. So far we've been spared and we hope to keep it that way.

We finally had some really nice weather this weekend. After that terrible start to Friday, it turned out really nice, and my daughter and I had a nice lunch out after going to the apple store. Then I got a haircut. Saturday afternoon we spent some hours outside, and I worked on tidying up the remnants of the garden. I couldn't believe how many spring weeds have already sprung up! Just a little bit of warm weather sure brings them out. We also got rid of some undergrowth between the house and the road that needed clearing out. Earl complains of some of the low-hanging branches when he mows. Late yesterday afternoon we went to see 'American Sniper'. Really intense but great movie and Bradley Cooper is excellent. Second movie I've seen this month, which is unusual for me! The other was 'Wild' which I also highly recommend. Makes me want to be 30 years younger and go backpacking again.

I'm watching the calendar, but I hope to be able to come to Kathy Ann's! It is the weekend after Memorial Day, right?

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Its been a while since I've logged into DG but since I'm here decided to stop in and say hello! I do hope you all are doing well. Its a beautiful day outside and went out and cut down some left over foliage from fall that I didn't get around to. It felt good to be back out in the flower beds. I had the flu last week so my energy level didn't last too long today. Hope to see you all again soon. Trish

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

I finally got to ship some plants out today. That's the first time I have been able to do so in three weeks! Eight boxes (14 tropical plants, mostly orchids) went out. Hooray!!!!!

Ken

Ripley, MS

Good for you Ken ! It was a beautiful day north of you also but I spent it cleaning house !
I want to have my spring cleaning done when we get another warm spell !

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

It's been really pretty here all week but I haven't been able to get outside much. I need to rake the leaves out of the front flower beds and start cleaning it out. But I know we have more cold weather coming. I usually leave the leafs in the bed until early spring. I figure it helps protect everything. But I can see wild strawberry growing all over the place under the leaves! So I guess I will have wild strawberry and that other horrible weed both to deal with this year!!! I always have some wild strawberry but this looks like a lot more than I usually have.

Richard's dementia is just classic Alzheimer's. I have been doing a lot of reading and his behavior is just like what others have experienced. I'm not sure of the exact stage he is in but it is somewhere in the middle. They define 7 stages. I've found it's best not to try to explain or argue about anything. Just go along with him and I can usually distract him after a while and he will eventually forget whatever tangent he gets on. The other day he had put on a pair of boxer shorts on top of his pajama bottoms. He had on his shorts, pajamas and then he put another pair of shorts over the pajamas bottoms. One of the things they describe in the books I've read. Just one of those things that is part of life. We never know exactly what is headed our way. I can leave him alone for a big part of the day and he is fine. I just have to fix him lunch before I leave and be back to get dinner. There will come a time when I will not be able to leave him alone. But it's just something that I will deal with when and if the time comes. No need to worry about it now. Not saying that I haven't thought about how I will handle it - but I'm not worrying about it. It will all work out.

Ripley, MS

Charlotte, most things usually do work out. I agree about not arguing, I have found that is best with Eli too. Just distract him from something he doesn't need.
I didn't realize they have defined 7 stages, at least you have that to help guide you as you go along.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Yes Sandra they become just like a child in many ways. I could have him tested to get a better idea of exactly what stage he is in but I figure that might just be one more thing that might upset him. Way before he was actually diagnosed his PC doctor felt he needed to be tested. I had to be there initially to confirm that he was answering certain questions accurately then they wanted me to leave for the actual test which was going to take a couple of hours. I decided to run an errand near by and forgot and left my phone in the car. He decided after a short time he wanted no part of the test and had tried to call me to pick him up. When I got there I discovered he had called a taxi and had gone home!! You may not have read anything about Glen Campbell but I've kept up with his progress. He is now in the final stages and they have put him in a nursing home. He doesn't know his wife. He just knows she is a nice lady that comes to visit him and he enjoys having her visit.

Richard knows who everyone is. He remembers things from the past much better than the present. That's why I can distract him. He easily forgets the very short term things. The more recent the quicker he forgets. Some people he has known but hasn't seen in a long time he doesn't remember. We ran into the lady that used to cut his hair for a number of years. He would drive all the way to Pine Bluff for her to cut his hair because he didn't want to change to someone he didn't know. Then he got to where he couldn't drive that far even before he had to stop driving and I of course didn't want to drive him all the way over there. So he started going somewhere in town. We happened to run into that lady a couple of months ago and she was so glad to see him. He could not remember her ever cutting his hair. Absolutely no memory of it.

I don't know if you saw the Glenn Campbell final tour and his song I'm not gonna Remember you. It is a cruel disease. As they progress they eventually even forget how to swallow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8TsAh-zYFI

This message was edited Jan 20, 2015 10:42 PM

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

That is a gorgeous song!! It is so powerful and sadly so true. My uncle is so blessed in that they hired 2 ladies, years ago, that truly care about both my aunt & uncle. I pray it's years Charlotte!!

Ripley, MS

I did know that Glen had been placed into a home of some sort. I was glad to see he got to make a farewell tour, he is a much loved singer.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.