Tod's 2014 dahlias

West Caldwell, NJ(Zone 6b)

What I want to keep from going crazy is something that will allow me to add thumbnail views of the dahlias, and it will let me sort by different things like color and size. It would help with getting a balanced set.

(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

Not a problem. I have that in my database. If I had a list of your dahlias in a simple excel sheet, I could import them and then try to fill out the appropriate fields with information. I only have 134 dahlias in my database. I have been working to populate with data like date of introduction. ADS class, alpha code, hybridizer (or introducer), etc. If I could only get the ADS database in an importable form it would speed up the process immeasurably. I have the ADS charts for color, and the numeric tables (size and form crossed against color codes).

If there is any way I can help, let me know.

Katy, TX(Zone 9a)

Wow Oberon! Great work on the database! Would you be able to share an empty form for folks to use with their own gardens? That is fantastic!

(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

If you have access I think I could send you the tables, reports, etc. But if I delete the data I think it would destroy the reports. You could delete all but maybe one item in each table which would maintain the queries, reports and forms and then fill in with your own info. Have you used Access.

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

todgor, I think you are one of the few people who are still on Dave's Garden from 2008. I rejoined because I began gardening in Arizona after leaving Washington 7 years ago. I have been amending the soil here because it is rock hard and very hard to penetrate. A couple of years ago I put in some iris to try them out and had at least some greenery but this year they really produced for me. My husband and I built 2 8'X16' shade cloth gazebo's and I bought box store dahla tubers to give them a try. As I was planting them I thought of poochella and you and decided to join Dave's again. I have had a couple of small varieties bloom and an unnamed yellow. I am unsure if the dinnerplate will bloom before our dreaded summer heat arrives but I am hoping for some so I can begin the process of collecting dahlia's again..In the meantime I can enjoy all of your posts!

Thumbnail by cocoajuno Thumbnail by cocoajuno Thumbnail by cocoajuno

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.