Christmas Swap 2014 Sign up

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Well they all sent to me.

This message was edited Oct 27, 2014 4:57 PM

Ocean Springs, MS

And you deserved it, Queen Patti! :)

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Nope, not joining this one. Too much on my plate to add one more thing. I'll watch this year.

Ocean Springs, MS

Ah! We'll miss you! :(

South Lake Tahoe, CA(Zone 6a)

As I am watching...... but most likely have to cancel....so sorry...:-(

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Sorry to hear you ladies can't join the swap, but please stay here and keep us company!

Ocean Springs, MS

I'm so sorry, Babette. Please keep in touch! And you have time to change your mind.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

well here is a list but Just to say I Will love anything that is shared :) .
C-- cookies, candies,Hot food (carriers) ,Cashews,
Cotton Night Shirt /xlg ,Canning Lables, chex mix, crock pot
recipes , coffee Mug ,

H-- Hand cream, Handmade ,Pot (Holders), house slippers(8-9)
Hardsole, handwarmers (gloves), Hummingbirds,

R-- Rain Gage, Roasted peanuts / Nuts , Rooster (planter, candy dish,soap dish)
recipe cards,

I -- Irises, irish coffee, Irish teas, Italian Foods ,
if you like it i will love it .

S-- Sweet breads:) Mix, doggie sweater for 5 lb if you knit or crochet,
soup Mixes, shower Gels, after shower powders,or sprays

T-- towels (dish), tulips bulbs ,

M-- Magnets, Mosaic , Mini garden items, Movies (dvd)
comedy, can be used if you have some you enjoyed that
even bring tears to the eyes :))) No blood & Guts.

A-- apple cider Hot Drink , almonds (roasted or toasted)
Applique Designs T shirts xlg-1x

S--- sweets & salty Mix , Spices for Dips, snowmen ,
Spring seeds, bulbs ,

Ocean Springs, MS

Great list, DJ! Adding your name! :)

Deejay, I would have to say (other than I need BIGGER clothes), if I were playing YOUR list would be my list with very few changes! LOL (right down to the "No blood and guts") YOU have a great list!

TY I Like old Movies Like the Nick & Nora Mysteries :) or
Ma & pa Kettle I have one of their series it so cute :) not sure if they have a christmas one or not :) . but as I said Used DVD Christmas are very ok with me :)
& Pat as for Sleep wear I Love Big for i Guess i toss N turn All night :)

Ocean Springs, MS

Ma and Pa Kettle! I bought my mom a dvd set of them last year for her stocking! Got it at the dollar store! She loved it!

Boy, does that bring back memories, Ma and Pa Kettle. They are on youtube also!

Ocean Springs, MS

Happgarden (Joyce) has decided to join us! She's been busy, so I'm posting for her!

Yes, they do being back memories, LK! So funny! LOL

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Yay! Glad you could join in on the fun,Joyce!

Welcome Joyce, glad you could join us!

Ocean Springs, MS

I have a question for those who sew. I am making something that requires wool felt, but I am allergic to wool. What can I substitute? Thanks for your help!
Julie

(Tracy) Lk Pan, FL(Zone 9a)

I love Ma and Pa Kettle! They make me homesick...so do Jed and Granny! I still have friends that call me "Ellie Mae". And...Barney Fife will always be my hero! lol. I've never heard of the Nick and Nora Mysteries, and I always cruise the old stuff...will have to look them up. My 13 yr old niece is a HUGE Gomer Pyle fan! All of her friends tilt their heads like a confused pup when she mentions it! Hilarious.

Ocean Springs, MS

The oldies are so much better than most of the mess they have on TV now! I absolutely HATE reality shows... I tell my daughters that there is enough drama in our lives without watching someone else's drama! Hate soap operas! I do love the crime shows like CSI and Criminal Minds... and I am hooked on Sleepy Hollow! But the oldies are the best!
Tracy, my granddaughter is named Elani Mariana. When my daughter was pregnant, I would kid her and say that I was going to call the baby "Ellie Mae!" She would get so mad at me! LOL
A tradition the women in my family have carried on is naming one of the girls "Ann" after my grandmother. I'm Julieanne, my daughters are Destiny Anne and Journee Anjulie. Destiny plans to name one of the twins Juno Kai, if it's a girl. I told her she had to name it,
Juno Kai Anne (pun on cayenne) and she got so mad at me! UGH, pregnant women can be so sensitive! LOL

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

I would love to get in on this swap. Things are starting to settle down now as my Dad is recovering from a broken hip but is still not able to climb stairs so he is still at my sister's and my finger has healed but still very, very tender. Christmas and Easter are my 2 favorite holidays. Kathy

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Have you ever done an ornament exchange on here?

Ocean Springs, MS

Welcome, Kathy, I haven't done an ornament swap, but I think someone has done it in the past. Make sure you post some ideas for the letters that spell Christmas. You could always use "C" for Christmas ornament and give an idea of what you like! :)

Julie, what are you doing that requires wool felt? You can always substitute craft felt squares or maybe some flannel?

Fleece?? Or if you NEED the texture, white terry cloth?

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Julie, I'm early to please and like anything that someone gives. So my buddy can surprise me but they would need to post the pics as I have no way right now to do that. thanks for letting me join. Kathy

Ocean Springs, MS

You are welcome, kathy!

Found some felt that's 35% wool 65% rayon. Got it and will make sure I've taken my allergy meds before working with it. :)

SNOWFLAKE Are falling But Nothing sticking So all is good :) Mostly rain . Got home before it all started .
Found a few Goodies to stuff My Stocking this season :))).
well I have to get off here now , ya all have a great day

Ocean Springs, MS

Oh, snowflakes! Beautiful, but very rare here. Getting into the 30's Saturday night. UGH! Got too much to do this weekend, so I hope my plants are ok. Glad you are home safe and sound, Susie. Y'all stay warm!

(Tracy) Lk Pan, FL(Zone 9a)

Cold front coming through here too. Supposed to get down in the 40s.

Snow is on its way here as well....temps falling below freezing....plants are still being planted and Ric is working on the house to prepare for the winter.... ..

BTW... I still have pinecones available for postage... nice gold ones too.. ask Froggie :-).... .
and have lots of pretty Christmas mushrooms, stepping stones, and snowmen pics.... even crystal snowmen if anyone is interested. They make great stocking stuffers... And the pine cones are great for decorating....

I can send a "Decorate A Pine Cone Kit" for postage...
Kit will include one pine cone, some greens and ribbon for postage.
Let me know....postage is not more then 1 pound.

We got snow here last night and the current temp is 32* We don't usually get snow quite this early, but it has been known to happen. The grass is covered in spots and the roof tops are pretty well covered. They say we got at least an inch total, but a lot of it melted as it hit the ground. I guess this will get people in the mood to shop for Christmas. It is windy and cold, makes me want to crawl back into my nice warm bed. BRRRRR!

Thumbnail by Nanny23 Thumbnail by Nanny23
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

36 degrees here this morning. Really was not expecting this so soon. had to zizz around yesterday and shove things in the green house. Hope to straighten things out eventually. Expected frost tomorrow night. The wind is blowing terribly so no frost last night. I hate to see my Tecomaria tree go--it's full of blooms. I doubt it will survive winter.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Only 38 here this morning so only a cold rain to deal with instead of snow for which I am glad as my daughter and I are supposed to go and give blood and then birthday shop for my grand daughter Everyone have a great day!!

Crystal, I wouldn't have expected you to have this cold weather so soon, it is even unusual for us this early. I know what you mean about things not surviving the winter. I sure hope this winter is less extreme than the last one. It is snowing here right now :(

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

I wonder if it snowed in Atlanta last night. I know there was a chance.
In the last few years it has been later in November before we had frost, but this blast is coming on early. My Cymbidiums are still out, but a little frost actually makes them bloom better.

25* here this morning we has snowflakes flying yesterday
afternoon But nothing stuck to the ground .Only up to 42* today
so this gal will stay inside.

A few inches of snow fell during the night.... Looks absolutely beautiful....

Snow is pretty to look at, but not for these cranky old bones!

Ocean Springs, MS

We are under freeze warning tonight! Crazy! I stopped in for a couple minutes. Halloween party over...On to the baby shower!

Froggie _ are you making crocheted Elf booties for the baby?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.