Christmas Swap 2014 Sign up

Ocean Springs, MS

Once again, the Holidays are quickly approaching and it’s time to spread Christmas Cheer to our fellow DG friends! When you sign-up, remember to list a few of your Favorite Things to give your Secret Buddy ideas. Also mention if you’re diabetic or are allergic to any particular foods or scents.

Since everyone’s talents and tastes are different, the Gifts you share may be handmade or purchased.

Our annual Christmas exchange is always a popular event. Let’s make this year’s the best one yet! BUT THERE IS A TWIST! THIS YEAR YOU WILL SEND THINGS TO YOUR BUDDY TO SPELL THE WORD "CHRISTMAS". For example:
C- Candy
H- Homemade
R- Really Wanted or Needed
I- It's a Gift from the Heart
S- Snowman
T- To be Planted
M- Made with Love
A- Amaryllis
S- Seeds
PLEASE POST OTHER SUGGESTIONS TO SPELL THE WORD!

Fine print…..

If you have not participated in a swap I’ve moderated, prior to posting, please D-mail your name, mailing address, phone number and email address for my log. IF YOU ARE NOT IN GOOD STANDING FROM PAST SWAPS, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP! IF YOU SIGN UP AND DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN CHAT OR DO NOT RETURN DMAILS BEFORE I CHOOSE NAMES, I WILL DROP YOU FROM THE SWAP! I'M NOT TRYING TO BE MEAN, JUST FAIR TO OTHER PARTICIPANTS!

All participants need to ensure their subscription is paid through January 31, 2015.

Sign-Up ends midnight, Wednesday, November 7th, and you’ll receive your Buddy’s name shortly afterwards in a D-mail. Reveal your Secret Santa when you receive your package. All packages need to be Priority Mailed with a Delivery Confirmation number no later than the week of December 6th. If you’re mailing breakables, wrap them well in bubble wrap and insure the contents.
The value of the Gifts you send should be around $20, excluding Priority Mail with a Delivery Confirmation Number. Keep your receipt handy and D-mail the number you use to me. To ensure privacy, please do not post tracking numbers directly on our threads.

This message was edited Oct 16, 2014 2:47 PM

Thumbnail by froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

Reserved for participants:

froggies_girl (Julie) :
Taters55 (Linda Kay):
Bettypauze (Betty):
Badcat (Amanda):
Nanny23 (Annette):
Flogro (Pat):
Goldhillal (Crystal):
Rose318 (Patti):
Deejay9 (susie):
Happgarden (Joyce)
Katgroves (Kathy):
Gardenlady123(Ronna):

This message was edited Nov 3, 2014 6:51 AM

South Lake Tahoe, CA(Zone 6a)

I'm in....

Will post my likes soon....

Ocean Springs, MS

MORE FINE PRINT: THOSE of you who in the past that have been late in your trades, have sent insufficient, thoughtless, inferior trades, or do not post when rec'd or sent will be asked to send your christmas box before letting your partner send yours. When you send, you must dmail confirmation number to me. If you cannot post a picture when you receive, say so & your partner can take pictures before they send !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sorry things have become so complicated, but I've participated in a lot of swaps this year, and 3 times my buddy did not post when they received, 2 times my box was sent out at least 2 weeks late, and once my box was 6 weeks late. This has happened to others also! Once again, I'm not trying to be mean, just trying to be fair! BTW, other swap members in good standing have dmailed me and asked me to include this information!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Sign me up!

I love all kind of choccies, anything handmade, I love angels, garden art, whimsical Christmas items, and I LOVE surprises.

This message was edited Oct 17, 2014 11:55 AM

Ocean Springs, MS

Good morning! Trying to get motivated... LOL
Taking my cousin from NC to see Round Island Lighthouse this morning. Katrina almost destroyed it, but a local group gathered what was left and built a scale lighthouse from the materials. Looks like the real thing, just not as big.
Going to a corn maze tomorrow. First time for me and I'm excited.

Don't forget to give suggestions to spell the word "Christmas" and to list your wants/likes.
Have a great day! I came up with more things:
C- Cookbook
H- Holiday Decor
R- Rudolph
I- "It's a Surprise"
S- Slippers
T- Tshirt
M- Manger
A- Angel
S- Stocking

Victoria Harbour, ON

I've been ready for Christmas since dec26th 2013. So count me n

Ocean Springs, MS

I am limited on space for tables, etc. so hanging decor, etc. is preferred.

C- Cookbook, Candy, collecting antique items (trivets, cooking tools, etc.)to put on the walls of my new addition to kitchen/dining room, Coffee (dark roast), calendars, Christmas bells, clock (outdoor or antique looking for kitchen)
H- Holiday Décor, Hanging Indoor Decor (green tree garland, holly, snowmen, etc.), homemade/commercial herbal soaps and scrubs (citrus scent is my favorite),
R- Rudolph, Rustic or Rusty for kitchen decor
I- "It's a Surprise", ink pens and stationery in a box,
S- Slippers (8-9 ballerina kind with non-skid soles), s'mores ingredients
T- Tshirt Long Sleeve that have funny Christmas sayings (size XL), Tabletopper or tablecloth, thermometer (candy, outdoor)
M- Manger, Mixes in a Jar, macrame plant hangers,
A- Angel, Amaryllis, Any Garden décor, any kind of fleur de lis items
S- Stocking, Seeds (coral bean, Queen's Lace, any other butterfly attracter or host plant),
NOTHING SPICY and NO CANDLES PLEASE! No Wool items. No Mugs.

This message was edited Oct 31, 2014 1:25 PM

C- candy cane, Christmas bells, cookie cutter, calendars, candles
H- hankies, hair brush, hand bags, hair bows, hand painted, hard candy
R- Rachel ray cook book, rain gauges, recipes, reed diffusers, refrigerator magnets
I- ink pens and stationery in a box, icicle ornaments
S- s'mores ingredients, Santa ornament, scarf, scissors, Santa hat,
T- tea, t-shirt, table cloth, table decorations, thermal mug, tin box with trinkets, towels,
M- mug rug, music, magazines, muffin tins, mints
A- apples, angel ornament, aprons, animated items,
S- Santa cookie plate, Snowman/Santa mug, scented potpouri, stocking

This message was edited Oct 28, 2014 7:16 AM

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

HO HO HO....you rang!?! lol Am I alowed to join??

Victoria Harbour, ON

I'm so excited about this sway

How many of you know it's my most favorite time of the year, just ask my shed and the 25+ totes and misc items just waiting to come out..guess I'm just a kid at heart!

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

glad Im not the only one!!!! lol

Ocean Springs, MS

Badcat, got ya!

LK, thanks for all the suggestions! Wonderful.

Betty, I finally have room to decorate now that the addition is finished! And I want to deck the halls all the way! My Rudolph collection will go on the mantle of the fireplace. But I'll probably have to hang any other decor because my little Elani is getting around and grabbing everything in her reach! She has already pulled my Halloween tablecloth and pulled the centerpiece halfway across the table! The table cloth is now bunched up around the edges of the table! LOL

Victoria Harbour, ON

Ahhhhh

Will keep that in mind should I get your name

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Julie I can't believe that baby is already grabbing the tablecloth! lol Lookout Christmas tree!!!

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Sign me up Julie! Am I on the "Naughty" or "Nice" list???

Ocean Springs, MS

Nanny, got you signed up but I'll let Badcat call the "naughty" or "nice" list! LOL

(Tracy) Lk Pan, FL(Zone 9a)

I want in please!! Here's my "short" list! ha ha Just ideas...definitely not confined.

C - caladiums, cinnamon, (pine)cones, cookies, candy, chocolate, coffee, crotons, cannas, clay, cheese making stuff, crocks (stoneware), ceramic, caramel, cotton things, canned things (home), crab (tiny forks & crackers), cookbooks (old), Chex mix

H - heliconia, hens & chickens, holly, handmade/homemade, (blue) heeler (1 of my dogs), (quarter) horses, hot pads, (plant) hangers, hot sauce, herons, houseplants (low light)

R - rennet (liquid), raku pottery, raspberry (no plants - won't grow here), recipes (esp. cheese making), rustic, rusty, relish, roasted (anything)

I - iris (zone 9), incense (cones), Italian (pasta, recipes, etc.), Irish cream, iron (art), island (i.e. Caribbean, Jamaican, Hawaiian - tropical plants, food, orchids, etc.)

S - Sculpey, stained glass, strawberry, Santa (Old World or woodland), sweater/sweatshirt (L, cotton), salsa (mild or med.), seasonings, seeds (bird or garden - z9), sauces (anything), spices (no curry), slippers (sz 8), scents (wax melts - like everything)

T - turtles (figurines or candy), t-shirt (L, cotton), tomato (anything), trowel, tea bags, tea towels, trivet, tapenade, thermometer (cooking)

M - mercury glass (clip on birds, dangles), mushroom anything, (pepper) mill, macramé

A - African violets, amaryllis, agapanthus, apple (edibles), alfredo, almonds, Asian (bamboo, bonsai), afghan, apron, antique (or just plain old!)

S - succulents, smoked (food stuffs! lol), soap, spoons (wood), spatula (rubber), soups (all good), Scooby snacks (lol! can't forget the "kids"!), schipperke (my other dog), spider (big strainer thingy)

That's quite a list! Don't feel limited to it though. No allergies or dislikes. No flags please. Earth tone colors. Rustic and woodsy decor. Favorite color is sage green. No snowmen or things depicting snow please...looks out of place down here. Oh yeah, can't do candles either...too much air movement. Tea lights that sit inside of things burn fine.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

I'll just watch and ohhh & awwww

Ocean Springs, MS

Sorry to hear you're not joining, Pat. If you change your mind, please let know.

Tracy, great ideas! Love the way you combined your likes with the spelling of Christmas. Think I'll play copycat and edit mine the same way! :)

(Tracy) Lk Pan, FL(Zone 9a)

I got that idea from Taters! I love to play word games so it was pretty fun!

Ocean Springs, MS

DJ got a beautiful table cloth in the Spooky swap. Here is a link to make Christmas ones! Some require no sewing! I'm going to start making some!
http://crquilter.wordpress.com/free-quilt-patterns-themed/

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thank you for the link, just went and viewed a few of the projects..excited about doing a few

Heading to the airport, home tonight!!

Ocean Springs, MS

I plan to do a few, too! Maybe a wall hanging, table runner, and a few table topppers!

Victoria Harbour, ON

At the airport, 2 hr wait so will go browse the links
Sounds like we will all have our sewing machines out for the next few months

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

I would like to join. I will post some stuff later

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

I dont call you NN for no reason lol ..Naughty Nanny hahah

Victoria Harbour, ON

Home from Florida, looking through my stash of finished and fabric to see what I might come up with for a few of the letters..one needs to be on top of things right?
Love Christmas swaps

Ocean Springs, MS

Goldhillal, got ya down.

Badcat, you are bad! Don't make me tell Santa! LOL

Betty, did you have a chance to pick up any packages at your US address?

Victoria Harbour, ON

I think Julie I'm going Nov 1st..know I'm going on the 7th so either of those 2 weekends I'll be there..now that I've joined this swap I'll be looking for some pretties

I picked up a few of my items today, on the look out for more!

Ocean Springs, MS

Wow, LK, you go, girl. Usually I'm getting a head start, but not yet. Gotta watch my pennies until I see my gastroenterologist tomorrow. Have to find out if I have to pay anything for the colonoscopy up front! YUCK!
I'm going to raid my mom's material stash tomorrow. She probably has some scraps of Chrristmas material around somewhere.

Oh, I had one of those earlier this year. I lad they put you to sleep for them now!

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

I think... I will wait to see what my partner likes before I go on a shopping spree

Ocean Springs, MS

I've had many over the years because a precancerous mass was found and removed from my colon when I was 30. That's when I was diagnosed with colitis. I'm 2 years overdue for this one because I didn't have insurance, but I have Medicare now. When they put you to sleep, that's the best part! LOL

Ocean Springs, MS

Badcat, I was thinking the same thing! Want to get things that are truly meaningful and unique for my partner. BUT as fellow gardeners, there are some things that are always perfect!

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

all I see are blank posts haha

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

blankity blank

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

May I join Julie?

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Are these list spelling Christmas what people want, or just some ideas? I am good with just about anything.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.