OCT QUEEN "ROSE318"

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

My Like list; I am a Junker. Ok I said it. LOL I enjoy going to estates sale and resale shops. My favorite color are green, white, and barn red. I love vintage and rustic décor.

Crafts: I collect old sheet music, and red plaid and old chenille, and homespun fabric for crafts paper clay sculpting , Paper punches, and driftwood. I am presently working with paper mache for Christmas and Halloween decorations.

Gardening: My favorite flower bulbs are Daffodils and Amaryllis. House plants/ terrariums Episcia, sinningia and other gesneriads, and Easter cactus.

I love garden art glass flower and totems, license plates, old travel signs, and old funnels.
Any handmade stuff quilts, or crochet and knitted items.

I wear nylon pajamas size XL, It gets hot here . In the colder months I love crochet slippers size 9- 9.5. Crazy socks are fun too.
I enjoying listening to old blues, Americana music.
I shop at Lowes, Hobby Lobby and Home depot.
I like flavored coffee.

Avoid : Anything with glitter on it. candles, perfumes .No Lilies. They are beautiful, but I can't even be in the same room with them . I have really be allergies. No chocolate . I need to lose some weight. I am trying to be a good girl, and it is not always easy.

This message was edited Sep 26, 2014 7:25 PM

Thumbnail by deejay9
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread Susie!

your welcome hope they get our Links fixed.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi everyone .
I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I just got home from work, and now running to having my mammogram done. Follow by going to Chuckie Cheeses with my twin grandsons. Thank God for Sunday a day of rest. Yea right, who am I kidding. Have a great day ladies.
Patti

This message was edited Sep 28, 2014 6:27 PM

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

So, is that your list Susie, or Pattis's in the first person?
I got a little confused. Usually I get a lot confused, lol.

Turtles, that is Patti's list!

I Was Haven probables getting her thread to post O Had Her introduction all wrote out up top & when I Pressed Preview it all looked good also the Grown I Chose would not Post so I had to use one that I Used befor so forgive.
I truly tried. Dave's G is haven some issuse lately what gives?
well you all have a great day relax if ya can its just another busy day for me :)

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

No criticism meant Susie! You do sooo much, you're amazing. I truly do get confused easily, didn't read the title of the thread.

Thanks LK!

Hope everybody's weather is mild this week!

Non taken Turtles :) .

AmandaEsq has the 2014 Fall Round Robin Interest Thread OPEN:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1377649/

October Birthday card swap open
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1377798/

afternoon ev1 just wanted to say welcome to the new queen
& wish her a great day :) gotta take my car to the car dr :)
BBL

All hail the new Queen Patti!

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Welcome to the throne Your Majesty!

Ocean Springs, MS

Good afternoon, Queen Patti! Hope you are having a good day!

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Ladies.
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I hope you ladies had a great day. Sending love and hugs to all of my loyal subjects.
Patti

Stopping by to wish our Queen a great day!

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

May you receive 318 Roses, Patti, as would befit a Queen!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Stopping in to pay homage to our October Queen!

May her reign be filled with sunshine.

Leaving for Florida a week to orrow's, will be sure to bring her treasure for postage n USA

Waving at Elfie! Glad to see you, again!

Ocean Springs, MS

My Queen, your box is being mailed tomorrow! :)

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Good evening Ladies,
Just getting home from work. I hope everyone had a great day. My day was super busy, but fun chatting my with my patient.

Betty I hope you have a fantastic trip to Florida. Wishing you safe travel. Great time of year to travel to Florida.

I will keep eye out for your box Julie. Thanks!

I have laundry tonight . I got to run.
Have a great evening all.

Your Queen. LOL

Ocean Springs, MS

Queen, your box is on it's way!

Betty, sure would like to meet you! If you have time, send me a dmail and I'll try to get away for a couple of days!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Won't be able to be this time Julie, driving to fort Myers and getting a friends place ready amd looking for another and also visiting with a friend from here who just lost her son,age 43 to cancer and flying back

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Greetings and felicitations Queen Patti! Long may ye reign.

Happy FALL it is only in the 40's here all day & rainy .
so a day I will stay in & play :) my windows are all steamed up
gotta get me some rainX :)

well I Hope our Queen has a great weekend planned
I need to get my closet cleaned out put away the summer get out the warmer clothes ya all have a great day.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Ladies.
Just go home from work ,and very tired. I really hope everyone is enjoying the great weather we are having. Make sure you all get your flu shots, if you can. Take care ,
Hugs,
Patti

Ocean Springs, MS

I've never had a flu shot and haven't had the flu since 1984. but my daughter's doctor is insisting I get one since she is pregnant with twins. On the fence about this one! Any suggestions?

Betty, too bad we can't get together, but please know I am praying for your friend. I am so sorry for the loss of her son. ♥

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Julie you may need Tdap too .They are also recommending Tdap for adults that are going to be around newborns, so to help babies to avoid getting whooping cough. Ask you doctor.

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Greetings Your Majesty. You are clearly wise. Please get your rest.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Julie only time I ever got a flu shot I was deathly I'll all winter long with it..guess though it's a precaution re pregnancy.

Hoping today is a special day for you Your Majesty..hail hail our queen

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

I am pretty sure that the Flu vaccine cannot give you the flu as they do not use a live virus to make it. It might not be able to prevent the flu if you already had a case underway. Also the vaccine only protects against 2 or 3 strains of flu and there at dozens of different ones. Unless you are allergic to eggs I can't think it could do anything but help you.
My husband and I have been taking the flu shot for years and we plan to continue. We also have had the pneumonia vaccine as well as the shingles shot.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Likely so

But 3 couples never got to go outside the house for months with same, sooo I personally regardless of statistics will not take it..for me it's a precaution given by doc saying no no no

Light drizzle this morning, have 3 for 3 weeks at the B&B and are arriving this morning, perhaps I fret too much about the cleanliness and worked 1/2 the night putting finishing touches.

I will be gone to Florida 11 of the 21 days so they will have to fend for themselves

Had my coffee now downstairs to the craft room

Good Morning my coffee is about gone got to work on my chicken coop this morning , its been COLD &WET Here for the last few days But sun is suppose to come out today.
so off to my moms grave to lay some Birthday flowers ,then to my sister to wish her a speedy recovery :) she broke her arm the other night & has a Goose egg on her forehead .
then off to the Pumpkin Farm on the way Home I Know I can find a few gooding for our Queen :).

you all have a great day will check back later when I get Home .

Ocean Springs, MS

Thank you all for your advice. Betty, I know they tell people that you can't get the flu from the vaccine, but I know people who have gotten sick after getting it. that's one reason I usually don't get it. I see the rheumatologist and my gastroenterologist in the next two weeks. I'll ask them what they suggest.
Patti, have a great day!
DJ, I need to get to work on a chicken coop! I just need to learn how to use my power tools!

Victoria Harbour, ON

wish you lived closer..I have more tools then men have tools lol

saw a precious sign yesterday, all to do with tools

said

no looking
no touching
no borrowing
just leave my tools alone..something like that

girls told me I should have bought it so my boys would get the drift.

Betty I am the same way about my tools.
I need a sign that says "Use your own and leave mine alone!!!"
Men tear theirs up and want to borrow yours and tear them up too. :(

just Beware of the staple gun I now have 5 stitches in my leg after i dropped it trying to reload it :) so my friends I will be right here for the next 3-4 days before i can walk on it ,doc had hard time getting the stitches in,
good thing i never got rid of my cruches :)

So my Queen I will wait till after you return from your little trip to mail out your goodies :) I knew I should have went to my sisters today >
but just had to get my coop down .

one of the Nurses & i got to talking about the chickens & she had a little duck & didn't know what they were going to do with it for the winter & Well I'm sure you know who can give it a good home :) so she said she would call me later in the week :) OH Boy just what I need another critter .

well my friends I need to lay back had enough xcitement for one day .
back for coffee if zoey gets here in the morning :) she said she would come make my coffee :)

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Well Ladies,
I hope you all have a fantastic week. We are expecting rain here tomorrow. Back to work.

Susie that is fine with me. My daughter and her family will be staying at my house if any boxes should arrive. My first vacation with no kids. I am already feeling guilty, and we haven't even left yet. LOL .

Good night.
Patti

Have a great day at work today queen .

Victoria Harbour, ON

Good morning your Majesty, here's hoping a wonderful day is ahead of you!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.