Fall is here...What's blooming in your fall garden?

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.

Shauna I bought a coleus just like the one in your last photo, I thought it was pretty fall coloring.

This hibiscus isn't mine, I saw it while on vacation at Ft. DeSoto last month, sure is a pretty one.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Hi Sherri, did you take some cuttings off the hibiscus, so you could root your own?

A few pics fomr the yard....

The first two are very similiar bromeliads. I know the second one is a Queen's Tears, but wondered if the first was a different variety. According to Wikipedia, there are two varieties...but the online pics are the same for both. The first type has solid foliage and the second has spotted foliage.

The next picture is my Glory Lily coming back up for winter.

Next we have White Ginger Lily and last but not leat my Lion's Tail.

Shauna

Thumbnail by shauna1219 Thumbnail by shauna1219 Thumbnail by shauna1219 Thumbnail by shauna1219 Thumbnail by shauna1219

The glory lily sure is a beauty, Shauna. All your blooms are beautiful. No, I didn't take a clipping of the hibiscus since it was on the property of the Fort museum and with all the signs of leaving behind nothing but footprints, afraid I might get arrested. ☺

Here are some blooms in the garden, finally got my photos downloaded.

My star dessert rose, geraniums are finally blooming again, the purple oxalis. The red flowering maple (Abutilon) from Melody -Locoluna, and the tiger orange from Bonnie's tree, both blooming.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed

Some more blooms.....

Bleeding heart vine, azaleas, Ben Morrison, jalapenos, Daisy mums, scarlet passion flowers.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed

Some of my geraniums, they sure like to come out in the cooler months...

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

gorgeous blooms.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Shauna & Sherri beautiful. Guess I had better out of the kitchen for a while and see what's blooming outside.

Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL(Zone 9b)

Bonnie, that's so funny! I've been inside for days...and finally went outside and saw all of my hibiscus in full bloom. Odd that they're tropicals and it's December, but hey, I'll take the Christmas miracle! :)

I see lots of hibiscus still blooming around here, Mary, my red is blooming still. They keep blooming all through December if we don't get any freezes.

My Christmas cactus are starting flowers, saw some buds on the ground, hope it was squirrels that knocked them off and not the cold nights. If I have to move them while blooming they'll drop buds, so I try not to, but we've had lots of 40 degree nights, which they can usually take but we did have more than usual, hope it wasn't too much for them.

These photos were taken Dec. 9th.

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Sherri - the Christmas cacti are beautiful. That is one plant I seem to have problems with. I had a nice potted one that actually had 3 different colors all mixed together, but that died on me this summer. I kept it outside and I think it got too much water from the rain.

Bonnie - the Hawaiian Sunet vine you gave me at the spring RU is blooming! :-)

Shauna

This message was edited Dec 12, 2014 3:07 PM

Thumbnail by shauna1219
Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Mine is blooming too but when I got up at 3AM this morning it is 38. Don't think they can take that.

Been too busy baking cookies and didn't cover anything. I'll hope for the best.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Sherri -- your Christmas Cacti are very pretty. Love that fuchsia and white one.

I'm hoping mine will still have blooms when we get back. Our plans are to be home on the 30th... Ugg, not looking forward to another 2 long days in the vehicle with 2 cats and a dog.

Mine was just getting buds when we left.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

I wish you could stay in Fl. for the remainder of your winter. When I see the snow storms on the news makes me shiver.

I have a pot of cactus that is blooming now. I keep them by my front door year round in the shade and they always bloom. When you return remind me to give you some.

Safe trip home and Merry Christmas.

Shauna lovely bloom, I hope to get another one from Bonnie next year, my rooting died on me. As for the Christmas cactus, they need to stay under an awning and out of the rain, too much rain will give them root rot real fast. It is better to let them dry out then water too much. Mine are on my front porch and do get some sun, the ones in back are under a canopy and get morning sun. I water with rain barrel water and do pour in some fertilizer in the summer grow months.

Terese, I can relate to traveling with cats, we had to take our two sometimes in the motorhome on trips, although at that time we didn't have a dog. They don't like the travel part, and want to sit on my lap the whole time.

Bonnie, I should get to baking some cookies also, only made one batch of chocolate chips and the guys devoured them in two days. They keep asking for more.

This isn't my tree but I saw it while walking, flowers are as big as my hand, look like orchids. Some fall color too...who says Florida doesn't have fall color, and it is still fall for another week.☺

A few more from my walk.... bromeliads, wild coffee plant (I'll be keeping my eye on this one for cuttings or seeds, kind of rare to see them this far north), beautyberry, wandering jew growing up oak tree.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Bonnie -- We plan to be back by Dec 30th ... while it is not freezing up here, it is gloomy, and I'd much rather be sitting on my lounger in the sun [for warmth] on the back patio with the dog.

Sherri -- the youngest kitty, Bailey, she sleeps the whole time, DH was even saying it's like she's lethargic. then Charlie - 6yr old male... he talks the whole time... that does get old. Thankfully Buddy, 11yr old dog, sleeps too.

~~ gorgeous photos.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Shauna, hope you have a great day and go buy a new plant. ☺☺☺☺

I started a Winter chat here.....http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1383293/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.