Morning Glories 2014 #14

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Nice blooms Debra, love the four o'clock, and the canna!

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Enjoyed all your blooms Debra. Beautiful Carnival mg blooms and wonderful to see
a Flying Saucer.
Love the Hibiscus bloom.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.

Jackie, Beautiful blooms. Your hige is really nice.

Beautiful blooms too Debra, I am enjoying all your blooms....all very nice. I really like the orange color, I collected lots of seeds from my peach and yellow mixed 4 o'clocks this year too.

Placed my mg seedlings into their little cups a little while ago. Finding that some older seeds are not germinating.

Thanks Helena. I need to plant some of my older sds too. Just too much to do.

Gautier, MS

My only nice bloom this morning, what used to be from my gray star quite a few years ago, is now this bloom.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Its beautiful to me Helena. I'm very partial to any of the star blooms.
My blooms have almost quit for the season. :-(

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie.

Most of mine are done too. Some have a few more blooms before they get finished too. I hope I'll be able to grow some in my gh without the bugs if not I'll give up till spring.

It's been a bit weird.

Hope you grow a few in your g house this winter Helena. We can enjoy them with you.
It's a constant battle in the g house with the bugs.

Gautier, MS

I re ally hope you get to Jackie grow a few Jackie. Debra will have some too in her gh basement garden.

I was so busy this morning having an outing with my oldest daughter that I didn't get to check on my mgs at all until I got home late afternoon. Hard to tell if anything bloomed.

Helena, I didn't have a single nil open. I've had a Heavenly blue growing under the carport and
the buds are finally getting larger. Hope I get to see a few
of the blooms before the 1st frost.

A few from last yr

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

My vines kind of look pitiful now Jackie. But a had a couple of blooms this morning even with the light rain I was glad to see pink silk bloom.

Another bloom from double Clitoria and several red passionflower blooms. Did your Clitoria have any blooms, if not maybe you can keep growing it in your greenhouse. Mine has been kind of slow too.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Those are pretty blooms Helena and Jackie!

Thanks Linda.
Helena, gorgeous Red Passion Blooms. I am no good with those vines.I kill
them every time. Beautiful blue Clitoria.
Helena,my dbl Clitoria hasn't bloomed yet. I think it needed more sun that what its been getting. I moved'it out in the front yard yesterday and today., I hope its not too late to'get blooms from it. It will be going in the greenhouse soon.
Pink TDye
Watercolor a few days ago, a lovely bloom
Purps

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.

Jackie, forgot to post that I liked your pretty blooms from last year. When I check out my blooms from years before I feel good that the blooms were pretty nice too.

I love your beautiful pink tie dye and watercolor ,pretty nice purps too.

Thanks Helena, All my blooms from yrs past were nicer than what I got this summer. I
think it was the horrible winter we had, still cool here in May and the early part of June.
Very strange and made for a slow start. I'll just look forward to next yr and hope its a better growing yr. :-)

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I think you all have had some great blooms this year, and I know you will continue to have a few this winter. I am having repeats give their last gasps.. I hate this time of year when the morning glory trys and trys..
Yet.. I still rush out the door after looking out my window , first thing I do every day.. Walking and looking and wishing I had a tag and marker in my hand but I have the ca,mera as if that is going to tell me what is where and so It goes. I worked on the tower of power seeds last night, pleased I have enough to share here with you all.
Last year all plants were in by October 1st. Not going to happen that way this year.

Gautier, MS

I think your blooms were pretty nice this year Jackie. I was also pleased with the ones I grew from you this year Jackie.

Your blooms were pretty nice too Debra. Your gardens make me wish I could grow like you do.

My last mgs still making a few blooms.

Thanks Debra and Helena,. You two had some gorgeous blooms.
Wish I had your energy too Debra. Theres no way I could grow all that you grow every yr,

Lovely blooms Helena, Is that last bloom a Blushing Bride? Its gorgeous

That blue star is outstanding, Helena.
I have a very nice sized back yard with neighbors who let me grow stuff. I am lucky in that way.
I carnea out back, and my buddy , Orieole, to he direct west of me, he was gone almost all summer and I missed him. he likes me to rub his ears and I try to bend down to hug him. He is a :corgy"
some pinks for Jackie..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

I want to show you the arch mix cuz that is how it is being bagged up for you guys. I had so many worms in the seed pods on this arch, it made me mad. just go back and see my posts, that will be the arch mix. sprinkle in some shiva, cardinal climber, orange noah, a pink purp, and some heavenly blue.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

and I got a whole fence of these crosses..
but here is the arch right now.. it has some setosa and i turbina on it.
lookie at this section.. ( of the north fence)

Morning everyone! Always nice to wake up and see all the beautiful blooms!

Debra, that corgi is so cute!

Just brought my DD home from her hysterectomy sp?? which was done yesterday,now off to town to pick up her pain meds. Will check out your beautiful blooms Deb as soon as I get back.

You are a good mother, Jackie. ;D

Hope she heals quickly.

Thanks ladies. She's having to go thru some pain but the surgery will be worth it, hopefully
stopping all her problems.
Absolutely beautiful blooms Debra. I'm so partial to the lovely Blue Tie dye or Blue TDye look alike, a sight to behold. The big pink is lovely too. The shiboris are so pretty
out of Carnival of Venice,
I hope your cold temps hold off Debra so your mg's continue to bloom. A constant flush of blooms on your vines.
My Pres Bush is making beautiful blooms and lots of sd pods. :-)
Speckled
Blue Blizzard, I tried to edit out a horrible sick looking leaf

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Wishing your daughter a speedy recovery Jackie. I know you do all you can for your daughter and grankids.

Thanks ladies. Happy with my bloom.

Beautiful blooms Debra, I also favor the lite blue tie dye. Your garden is amazing.

Gorgeous blooms Jackie.

I was happy to see my pink silk this morning. I was wishing for these for awhile. Neat mushrooms by neighbors yard.

Thanks Helena. Beautiful Pink Silk blooms.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie, I liked your blooms a lot too, really special.

Glad that I'm still getting a few blooms. Really like this dark on dark purpurea.
And my other repeats.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Jackie, and Helena, those are pretty blooms!

Thanks Linda
Beautiful purps Helena. I had one very similar. The dark star is beautiful

Lav Saz
Blue Lav Beauty
Xoings not
Blue LYK with star

My Heavenly Blue should be open in the morning. It sure took long enough with
no sunshine hitting it.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Today is Rides Red Mules birthday, that would be Charleen. I miss her posts about her mules.

I miss her on here too. She is on Facebook, but I have not seen her on Dg in awhile.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Lavender Saz makes such large blooms, I enjoyed growing them.
The blue LYK is pretty, so is blue lav. beauty. It's been quite a few years since I grew Xiongs too, my seeds might not be viable by now.

Things have slowed down quite a bit, just collecting seeds here and there, loosing some to the pods bursting open.

Thanks Helena, I didn;t realize you grew Lav Saz too. Helena, I don;t know what to make of my blooms labeled Xiongs not. A cross perhaps??
I'll save you a few of that large pretty almost red which might be a Xiongs from Debras sds. Marked as patio mix or back yard mix :-) I need to change the tag to Xiongs???

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Pretty bloom Jackie. I kind of remember Xiongs as being very dark.

We had a nice shower this morning. We need more rain, which we may get today or tomorrow.

This purpurea looks washed out, sometimes the blue seem a bit darker. I like the pink mist too, though it splits and pink silk.

Hi everyone, sorry was MIA. I have some "likes" of all your blooms .. ( they call that LIKE on facebook. I sure love the pink silk, Hlenea, glad to see it. I started some bags of seeds from the arch now, and I can't wait to get the seeds all opened and salvage what is left after the worms, I have been getting those lil guys out and hubby has a good time feeding them to the goldfish. I don't ever know what is what until you all tell me, but I have been marking down the things you ID for me. I was looing thru the packets in my "planted" bag and buy, I planted a lot fo seds from you, Jackie and Helena, but the one big pot in the potatoe patch was from Dany's mix, so he gets credits for those. I will show you tonight when I get home from work.

Looking forward to your blooms Debra.
Lovely blooms Helena, I love the lite blue purp.
I;m sure you;re right about the Xiongs Helena. Mine at times a few yrs ago was almost as dark as Cocoa Choc, but not quite.

My Heavenly Blue open finally, 1st 2
Red surprise lillies
My Yellow Daylily opening a couple of blooms, yesterday and today,

I love that heavenly blue, Jackie. I can't believe you still have DL blooms, mine are toast. None pf my spider lillys did anything this year , I am getting rid of them. cardinal climber from Darren with setosa this am ( it was kinda dark even at 8 am) took down the hummer feeders, since I hadn't seen a hummer for a while, then I saw one female getting after the red cardinal flowers and the orange noahs on the arch.

Deb, I hope you put your hummer feeder back out for your hummers, They need all
the nectar they can get before they start their long trip home to a warmr clime. They'depend on it. At least my
Ruby throat hummers do
Gorgeous blooms.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.