Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1374491

Thumbnail by patootie

China Doll
Azuremores Blue with pink

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Good morning! Such beautiful blooms for a new thread!

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. Beautiful blooms Jackie. Your China Doll seems to have a pale pink where mine was pale blue instead of white which I find very neat.

The only 2 blooms I had this morning.

Jackies pretty BB which may be a cross ?.
And Aomurasaki blizzard which I still hope will give me better blooms soon. All vines have slowed down taking a break.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Linda and Helena,
Helena, I think your China Doll with the light blue color is just incredibly lovely. One of the
prettiest blooms I;ve ever seen, a cross for sure. I so hope it makes a few sds so I can beg. :-)

Your BB from my sds might also be a cross. I wish I had grown one this yr. I remember starting one
but it just didn't germinate and I didn't get around to starting another,.
Debs gorgeous unknown, I don;t think its the same as the pink/.red bloom I got earlier.
Blue LYK with star
Speckled
Beautiful Joyce Cobb, possibly the 1st year I;ve ever grown this one
In one of the tubs out back,stripes like a Fuji, out of Debras patio mix I think,not a Little Miss
Piggy which has no stripes.

This message was edited Sep 19, 2014 2:54 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Love all the varieties that are blooming for you both!

Thanks Linda K. Thinking that could possibly be Xiongs in the 1st pic above. Just a
prettier color than the color of mine from yrs ago. A deeper color too.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I love them all, all special in their own way.
It's good when they cross, nice when we get something new.

This message was edited Sep 19, 2014 3:29 PM

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Oh my, so pretty. Love the Aomurasaki blizzard, that china doll is gorgeous and I am so happy to see some of my mix seeds doing something for someone. ;) the Blue LYK with star and
Speckled really brighten my day.
Did I tell you I have a frostweed flower blooming? So happy. I went over to a friends house on the way to work to see his blooms from the seeds I gave him, I wish I had my camera, the Keiryu was prolific and the pearly gates awsome as well as the large white from oona lee I gave him, his moonvines were great and there were a few other blizzard types too. He is saving me seeds of all of them, he is really into the whites.
what I had this am..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Thanks ladies.
Debra is #4 a Blue Blizzard? Pretty Lite Blue Tie Dye

Debra, those are beautiful blooms. What is frostweed?

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Debra. Nice to see.

My repeats still on the small size.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beauriful blooms Helena. Love the BB and the blues. What is the lovely 2nd bloom?

Mine all repeats too

China doll
Pres Bush
Original blue LYK
Blue LYK with star and blizzard
Purps

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I'm not sure if that 2nd bloom is a new volunteer from the vine that was growing there (Theresa) or kind of looks like a light Jaime Lynn, just not sure.

Love all your beautiful blooms Jackie. They all have pretty nice pink and blue colors. Love the purps too.

Thanks Helena, I thought your 2nd bloom looked like a Jamie Lynn too.Thats a Jamie Lynn in my last
pic too,

I have a bonus, with jaimie lynn x shibouri crosses .. and the carnivals and all the purps are going gangbusters. I found some cats on my milk weed out front, have no clue which milkweed, I have so many..

I love our pres bush so much, Jackie, I am anxious to see mine from you bloom.. I also am in love with that dark blue LYK.
Repeats are good Helena, I enjoy yours so much.
Here are some of my repeats this am..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Linda, frostweed is a native plant that throws up ribbons of frost shapes when it freezes the first time .. here it is in PF's http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/62734/#b

more repeats , look at the three blooms from PPV on one vine..
The 5th pic is of star of india.. not red, really dark purple..

some others a blooming this am

finally some of the purps

Incredible blooms Debra. Your PPV is beautiful. Eager to see your Pres Bush when it blooms.
All the blooms on that 1st row are gorgeous
Love the lite blue Fuji on 2nd row.
Lovely assortment of Carnival of Venice blooms.
Very impressive show of blooms!!!

I agree, those are all beautiful! I have never heard of frost weed. I don't think we have it here!

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. I have to be happy with I'm getting now.

I agree with Jackie and Linda. Gorgeous show of blooms. So glad you get to enjoy all your blooms on the weekend.

Only 2 repeats for me today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Lovely blooms Helena. That peppermint speckled is my favorite speckled, geat color!!!

Debs unknown
Watercolor
Lite blue TDye
China Doll

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Very pretty blooms Helena and Jackie!

Helena, thanks, I really love that speckled bloom, I have not had any show yet here, and Jackie, you know I appreciate the seeds you sent, just look at them going..
your blooms are always a treat , really love the lite blue tye dye and the china doll. ;)

Thanks Linda and Debra.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies, you are all too nice.

Your blooms are beautiful Jackie. They all look like they are a nice size and have really nice colors.

No blooms today, too many defects to show.

A rough day here. Helena, thank you. I have just a few blooms today too and all are repeats Glad you started a few new ones.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie.

I need to get my tiny seedlings into little cups since I nicked and soaked some more into baggie method.

Had 3 blooms this morning that weren't in too bad shape. Up close but not as big as it looks.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Love those blooms ladies.

Thanks Helena and Linda.
Love those pretty blooms Helena.

This message was edited Sep 23, 2014 8:01 PM

love the blue one in the middle, Helena.
Jackie, is that a Xiongs? I love love the second one, too.
tell me what these are?

the back yard this am

Debra, my 1st bloom could be a Xiongs. Its out of your backyard patio mix.
My 2nd bloom is a different Pres Bush.
Your 1st bloom looks like Chocolate Silk,very pretty.
2 and 4 look like Fuji's to me even with the watercolor effect.
The last pic in the 1st set looks like a Blue Tie Dye but probably isn't

Beautiful Back yard blooms Debra. Love your 4th pic in the 2nd row with the Purple Fuji and pink species.

Love all your blooms Debra, your yard is so pretty!

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Debra. I checked the Plant files and your 2nd one looks like Fuji no Monet, you should tag those.
I love your orange Four o'clock too. Nice show of blooms.

It's really nice cool weather here this morning. But only a few blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those are beautiful morning glories.

Lovely blooms Helena.
I had just a few yesterday and today
A lovely hige but I dont have a single sd pod on any of'the previous hige blooms..
I;m going to try to hand pollinate again.
2 higes
PinkTDye
Pres Bush

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

thanks,ladies, boy Jackie that pres bush is very commanding.. ( Joke)
I finally had a large pink like yours open, and love the higes.
Helena the whites are so pristine, I love them. Thanks for the ID, It is easy to keep track in, must of been from Jackie from 12, cuz it is in the pot marked JackieDG.
I have lots of the orangy salmon 4 o clocks Helena, even tubers, saved ya all some of the spot splash seeds again this year..we got 1/2 inch of rain last night, and boy we needed it. now the white flies are everywhere ugh.I have a lot blooming, all the mgs are going bust now, and the species are blooming again, white and lavender carnea, even the little messina.. this is the second canna bloom for us this year.. sheese! they are all still growing, they better hurry!
carnivale, two toned red 4 o clock, canna, flying saucer, hige.

I really hate this time of year, it makes me sad to not be able to spend as much time outside, I told Joe I am heading straight outside until dark every night after work.. he said "go for it"

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.