Requesting ID please

Huntsville, AL(Zone 7a)

SOLVED. Thanks.

This image was posted on a forum I belong to with no ID. Would appreciate any input, pls. :)

This message was edited Sep 19, 2014 8:22 AM

Thumbnail by bjf826
Baja California, Mexico(Zone 11)

That is a beautiful flower. The plant is a Stapeliad of some sort but I couldn't tell you which.

Huntsville, AL(Zone 7a)

Thanks. I thought it probably was but am still hoping for a closer ID. I appreciate the comeback. :)

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

My guess is Tavaresia grandiflora.

Huntsville, AL(Zone 7a)

Thank you much, minime! I believe you are correct. Appreciate it.

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

Do you have one Tristan? I do love it!

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

No, unfortunately I do not! I don't have many Asclepiads, but this one I wouldn't mind finding!

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

I know. I've never seen it anywhere. Maybe it is found in other countries than U.S.

Perth, West Oz., Australia(Zone 10a)

Hi, one of my reference books shows it as Tavaresia barklyi............. the example shown in the book (Cacti and Succulents, Graham Charles; see P.143 ) shows the flower, same as yours but prostate; I suspect photographed when the flower was almost finished.
Cheers from Western Australia.

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

I finally found this plant!! I picked one up at the Central AZ Cactus & Succulent Society Show & Sale this weekend! I hope it does well for me and produces one of those gorgeous blooms!

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

Who was selling them Tristan? I didn't see them! Maybe you can post a photo on our club Facebook site.

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

Woody had two that I saw! Here is a photo - in the pot the CACSS gave me as a Thank You for judging.

I'll post it to the club's FB page too!

Thumbnail by Minime8484
Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

I have such terrible luck with trying to get the Asclepiads to flower. Hope you do Tristan and then you can tell me what to do!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.