2nd Annual Thoughts of You. The Chat and Brag Thread.

Ocean Springs, MS

My box was mailed yesterday! Probably be delivered Monday!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Dang Julie, you're fast!!

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

I've got an I-hope-great box started, really want one more item so may go to the coast tomorrow. It's the thought I can't get out of my head!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

My buddy may be getting two boxes, if I don't stop picking things up for her! :)

(Chris), IA(Zone 5a)

I'm just about done on mine, but have guests from Colorado staying until Tuesday, so won't be working on it until after they leave. But never fear, it'll be sent before the deadline (keeping my fingers crossed! lol)

Have a terrific Sunday everyone :)

Ocean Springs, MS

Jaye, I have so much going on that I actually have to make myself a list every day! LOL

Cooler nights coming our way next weekend and I will need some warmer clothes. I've gained 20 lbs. since I started a new medication in May. Medication works, so I just tell myself that I love my new curves! :)

Adding curves are part of the growing old gracefully!!! ^_^

Ocean Springs, MS

I know, LK! I tell myself that I'm not getting older... I'm getting BETTER! All those things of my youth don't bother me so much anymore. I wear make-up and "fix" my hair only for special occasions, don't mind wearing shorts/jeans and a tshirt around the house (used to worry that someone would stop by), Pish! I'm over all that!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Turtles, plenty of time still for that great box.

Yikes LK, 2 boxes? She must be someone special.

My medications too have added curves to my body, Julie. Don't realize that there can be extras on chins.. knees... underarms...

Chris, have a great visit with your friends.

Just bulky stuff Jaye!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Bulky?? Wonder if it's pots and pans, LK? If your buddy likes to cook?

If not sending by priority, ladies, just make sure you purchase delivery confirmation.

Morning everyone. Had an AHA moment yesterday for my buddy, and I ordered something online. Just hope "Rita" will abide before Friday, if not, I may be the last one to mail out the surprise.

Amanda, I just got your box of goodies! Wow! What a box she sent!

Let me start with a beautiful garden gnome, and a blue bottle that is an oil burner. Larry the cable guy road kill seasoned salt, and Chipotle raspberry jam. A wonderful ceramic mushroom birdhouse, and a metal ladybug garden art.Two pair of snugly soft socks. And a micro fiber cleaning cloth and a bag of luck clover to grow!

Thanks so much for the great box of goodies!

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55
Ocean Springs, MS

Lovely things, LK! Will you share some of that lucky clover with us? LOL
taking a second look at the bottle! Really like it!

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Wowee! I'd say your luck clover has already bloomed :~D

Beautiful box, 'Mander thought about you lots!

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

What else was in there Linda??? JK

Glad you like it :)
Ruh roh turtles lol

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

WOWEEEEE!!!! I agree Turtles, LK's clover has bloomed.
Oh my, lots of and..and.. and.. and... Amanda, you know how to please your buddy.
Great job girl!

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Gettin' a drive to the coast today! It's too bad I/we need an excuse, but so be it; off we go!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Enjoy the day, Turtles.

(Chris), IA(Zone 5a)

LK, you sure got some nice things there :) Love that gnome!

Turtles, definitely enjoy the coast - hubby and I were there this past summer for the first time and it was gorgeous! We stayed at Depoe Bay :) Would go back in a heartbeat too.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

I have never been to Oregon.. on my bucket list.

Ocean Springs, MS

Haven't heard from my buddy. She should have gotten her box yesterday!

My daughter had her first doctor appointment today for her pregnancy! She came home and handed me the ultrasound pictures. I looked at them and she kept staring at me. I thought she already knew the sex of the baby, so I kept looking... Then I finally realized that there were
2 babies! She's having twins!!!!!!!!!!!! Please keep her in your prayers. She had problems with Elani, and they induced her 3 weeks early. This pregnancy puts her at high risk just because it's twins. I think I'm still in shock! But it's good! God has blessed us!

Julie that is awesome. Do they know the sex yet?

(Chris), IA(Zone 5a)

Wow, Julie - congrats!! She'll be in my prayers over the next months for a safe delivery and healthy babies :)

Ocean Springs, MS

No, they will do another ultrasound for sex when she is 20 weeks. She is 11 weeks right now! Yes, I'm excited! over the initial shock! There will be lots of pitter-patter of little feet around this house for quite a few years! :)

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Congrats Julie!!!

AmandaEsq has the 2014 Fall Round Robin Interest Thread OPEN:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1377649/

October Birthday card swap open
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1377798/

Ocean Springs, MS

Crystal, got my box today and absolutely love everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Got 2 packages of dark chocolates (one truffle and one triple chocolate mousse) YUMMY!
3 self-watering planters, some small pots, a wall bracket, and some fertilizer for sunroom :)
Beautiful Red scarf
Small zipper pouch (great for on the go instead of carring a big purse!)
some tropical tangerine body scrub that smells heavenly!
I love, love, love all of it! Thank you for being so thoughtful and generous!

Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl

That is a great box of goodies.

My boxes went out today.

Ocean Springs, MS

The little pots are great for cuttings! need to take some cuttings before it gets too cold!

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Thanks everybody. We did have a lovely day and superb supper. I was only partially successful on my mission, so I'll have to try something else, but the day was surely worth it.

Congratulations Julie, wow! I'm sure we'll all be keeping your daughter in our hearts. And that's a beautiful box you got!

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Glad you like your "stuff".

Looks like you better get that sun room/greenhouse in shape because soon you will be VERY busy.

Ocean Springs, MS

Oh, yes, we will all be very busy! Every time I look at the ultarsound, I am amazed! :)

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Oh my goodness!! What a blessing there, Julie!! You'd look good with that red scarf, and that zippered pouch, so convenient.
Crystal knows how to pamper you.

(Chris), IA(Zone 5a)

Seeing some nice things being sent to our buddies! :)

My box is being sent out today - says expected arrival Monday, but I'm hoping it gets there Saturday, just cause lol

Ocean Springs, MS

Thanks, Jaye, I would if I ever went anywhere! LOL

I do hope my buddy is OK. She hasn't posted about getting her box!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Julie, I don't have the list as to who has who, but I'll ask Sis Kathy to check into your buddy. Hope she's not too busy not to check on DG! :D

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Julie, she got it and appreciate the box, but pressing matters took most of her time. She needs prayers for her family.
I'm sure when things settle down, she'd be showing off. I know Sis Kathy badly wants to brag on her box.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Bragging!!
Doing the happy dance in my pc chair!!! Woooohooooo!!!
Thank you, thank you, Linda Kay!!! I am so blessed, and both boxes came in today, intact!
You truly went out of your way to put this great smile on my face.

I opened the first box, and there it is sitting pretty, a big bag of Julio's chips!

Second box led me to more happy discoveries!!!
The Lord's Prayer!!! Somehow you knew I recite that prayer often, daily. God put that thought in you.

And More Julio's!!!
I had ran out of Julio's seasoning, which you sent a while back, and thoughtful you decided I need another bottle. Simply love the blend!
Two bottles of salsa, one mild and of course, the other hot. Perfect for LSU games with those chips.
I'd be munching on these tomorrow while watching LSU trounce those Auburn Tigers. (hope)
She truly know my taste buds. Included two bottles of hot sauce, one chipotle and the other habenero!! Thank you!!
Then the two bags of DD coffee!!!! Stocking me up real good for fall and winter!!

More delights!! A set of LSU placemats (4) which she meticulously sewed, an LSU koozer for my diet sodas, and LSU pens which I badly need. I have talked about my LSU Tigers so much that it's hard for LK not to forget!!! Lolol!!! Happy, happy, happy!!

You are truly one of God's Star Angels.
This I can promise you, should you need anything from me, just holler and I'll do my best to deliver!!

God bless you Linda Kay.. God bless you!!

Thumbnail by heavenscape Thumbnail by heavenscape Thumbnail by heavenscape Thumbnail by heavenscape
Ocean Springs, MS

Go, LSU! I'm right there with you, Jaye, but my heart really belongs to the Saints. Don't watch much college football, but I'd give my heart to LSU over Bama any day! LOL
Great box of goodies you got! :)
Sending prayers to my buddy! I'm sorry she is going through tough times!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Oh YEAH Julie!!! I love the Saints too, but LSU I follow closely. Now you're starting a war with Sis Kathy. She's a die hard 'Bama fan. She will appreciate your prayers though :)
I'm itching to dip some chips into one of the salsas, must learn to resist temptation!! For the games, they will be.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.