I've gone a few times in the past, but probably won't go back in the future
(7 votes, 11%)
Red dot

Do we have a Farmer's Market here?
(16 votes, 25%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

We're working on it. Hopefully will have one next year. During the season, from about Feb - Oct/early Nov I purchase almost all my produce at the produce stands just outside of town. Nothing like just picked strawberries and peaches - and zucchini, small, sweet, tender - you can eat them raw! Yummmm! Wishing summer were back, already!

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I would love to go more but transportation isn't always there for me. I love the market and find things that I wouldn't be able to grow myself. They always have some tomato or lettuce etc. that I haven't tried.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

I love our farmers market in Portland. If it was easier for me to get there I'd go every week.

Crossville, TN

I wish we had one! When I lived in Va. they had a nice one in Roanoke (with a GREAT hot dog place included), BIG one in Richmond, and Va. Beach. In Florida all the flea markets ( and there are MANY) had fresh fruit and vegetables...but here? NONE! Jo

We don't have a farmers market every week, just once a month in this area. I go as often as I can. I think its very important to go and chat to the producers even if you don't buy anything. Saying that its hard not to buy anything LOL the produce is all wonderful.

Certainly in this country (England) we need to get back to being our own boss and shake free of the tight grip of the supermarket stores before the stranglehold does its work too effectively and chokes us to death.

I recall being at college and having regular stand up arguments about becoming more customer friendly (I was in favour of it and often the instigator of the row). Its sad to see that my words came true but it is good to see farmers standing up and forging back into the lives of people who will never have a solid connection with agriculture. At least now the public have a chance to ask those questions.

Longview, TX

Our farmers market is too expensive. Some things are great. Others taste better from the grocery store. You have to know the dealer. If you buy from them and like them...use them again. Ive tasted pitiful watermelons etc...at Farmer's Market at skyrocketing prices. That is why I started my own vegtable garden. Good prices, tasty...and I can give some to neighbors.

Spring Hill, FL(Zone 9a)

I live in a "rural area" in NY in the summer so we have a number of local truck gardeners who sell individually as well as several seasonal farmer's markets. Quality varies but on the whole is quite good. In the winter in Florida the flea markets have fruit and veggie stands all over but the Quality and prices vary widely. We also are blessed with dibs on the best tasting grapefruit tree in the state, owned by the people from whom we bought our winter place. We eat the fruit not the tree but I'm not going back and fixing that grammatical error.

Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

our farmers market is open yr round here but usually my veggies look better then theirs. lol. but when i do go looking for something i don't grow they come in handy.
yes kikisdad fl. grapefruit is the best.

(Zone 6a)

We no longer have one. Used to a few yrs. ago, but their prices were too high and they eventually closed up.

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

I don't go into town enough to really take advantage of it, but even in our little town it is pretty darn good. Always a bargain and always honey, raspberries, well just the best fresh stuff going. We still have vendors that set up along the highway on our way home from work. We get the best melons this way and if we get a bad one we can get another the next day , no charge. The best thing though is the fresh corn on the cob. yummy.

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

There are at least 2 very large Farmers Markets in the Atlanta Area. There really is a large variety of just about everything. I have found that some of the fruit and veggies seem to be 2nds, the best having gone to the stores and resturants, and the prices are not any better than the stores. I do like to check out the many plants tho. There are some really good dealers there with varying prices. In the spring there must be acres of annuals, and some year round stores. A couple of years ago, I found an incredible deal on the biggest Boston Fern baskets I ever saw for $8.00. I bought 4 & turned around and sold them for $20. before the day was out.

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

We don't have a big communal Farmer's Market close enough to go to for me..but have several family owned markets that I stop at occasionally. I like the atmosphere ...
It seems to be more fun buying veggies fresh from them. But I do think the prices are the same or higher than the supermarket...and at times some of the produce doesn't look as fresh as in the supermarket. So I just pick and choose. I do grow some veggies myself.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Love our Farmers Market! It has been a wonderful blessing for me. I am a vendor there and it has provided this stay at home mom a little extra income! It has been great!

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

We love to go.... but when we go we stay too long and can't get anything else done.

Paul

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Yes! We have one just over in Granville. I bought some wonderful veggies and fruit there at a great price. Rarely do we get over there because of our night-owl hours (it's 8-Noon every Saturday in the summer), but this summer I represented the master gardeners at an info table for four hours one Saturday. Didn't realize it would be in full sun the whole time...Got a little burned and a lot sweaty, but also brought home some really great produce for a song! :o)

Greenfield, IN(Zone 5b)

Usually I just run across the street, my neighbor sells at the farmers market and this way I get 1st choice (while he is loading the car). Our market is not very big, but nice. I still like to go to find plants, herbs and some home made goodies (yum-yum!) Julie

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Ours is very small. Only about 20 little booths but well worth the trip to town. The produce is more expensive than the grocery store but it is also twice as good! We have an Amish family that sells home baked breads and jams that are just wonderful and the line is longer than the farmers market. Also a couple of growers that have wonderful plants.

Houghton Lake, MI(Zone 4a)

there isn't one for over 75 miles from my home...

Merrysunshine

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.