Fall 2014 Gourmet from Home Swap

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Its the best time of the year! HARVEST TIME!!!! Who doesnt love the smell of Apple Butter cooking away in the fall! :D All home made goodies with a shelf life 2+ months. We all have our favorites we make ourselves, time to try some new stuff. :) If you really like/dislike something speak now or forever hold your peace. AKA: Dont do Spicy, I like spice in my life, no pickled trotters ect. Make sure your subscription is good through Dec. Send me your info if its not on the Exchange. **Its fine to send Items from the farmers markets, things you pilfered from your friend/family. As long as its home made ;)**

SWAP WILL BE OPEN UNTIL 10/15, PARTNERS 10/16. Please mail out by 11/15. Please include at least 4-5 diff items. Ship the most inexpensive way but get a tracking number for your box. (I understand it can get expensive shipping jams ect).

***IF YOU HAVE A FOOD ALLERGY, PLS POST SO IT CAN BE PASSED ON TO YOUR PARTNER***

Thumbnail by badcat
BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Players:

Badcat
FloGro :)
Froggie- No hot :)
Roux :)
JKJ :)
Betty :)
Goldhill- No Hot
Susie- NO Super HOT :)
Nanny- No Blk Pepper :)

This message was edited Nov 19, 2014 1:57 PM

This message was edited Nov 22, 2014 7:51 AM

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

So Is this like whats in your neck of the woods anything Made in our area or do we have to make it ourself ???? if i can buy it sign me up :)))

(Tracy) Lk Pan, FL(Zone 9a)

Oh, I definitely want in on this...

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

If its made in your neck of the woods go for it! lol nothing wrong with buying stuff, ya just cant send 5 cans of hunts spagetti sauce, k? lol

PS I made your pickles and took a jar to chads boss and him and his wife were RAVING bout them!! ;) Chad finally got to try some too lolol

Ocean Springs, MS

I'm in! Have plenty to share! :)

Love gifts in a jar (including hot chocolate, pancake mixes, muffin mixes, scone mixes, soup mixes etc.)
Love Homemade soaps, scrubs, bath salts, etc.
Love Homemade jellies, jams, preserves
Love kosher or dill pickles, tomato sauces, salsa (mild, please),
Love homemade granola/oatmeal with nuts and dried fruits/berries
NO SPICY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please no flavored coffees.

This message was edited Sep 7, 2014 5:06 PM

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Gotcha mama!

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Susie, this is kinda like Fruity and my Neck of the Woods swap, it is a fun one. I will have to see when we do it, seems like fall.

Sign me up please

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Joy I Loved that swap & All the great things you shared with me , & Amanda Joy Sent a Jar of those pickles to me & Got me Hooked as I Hooked you & So many others around here :)
I Have one lady that gives me $20 for a Gal of them , she takes them up to her Brothers Bar & They are Korean But love the Pickles. I have to make more up her soon also Just about out :) so we can thank Joy for sharing with us :)

Sign me up I Have lotsa Pears falling from my tree so I need to go find some pear goodies :) & I have a couple other goodies I can share :) Say dose it have to be something to eat ,
or Can it be just Made in Michigan ???

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

This looks good, but I want to wait and see what the difference between My neck of woods swap. Sounds a lot like it.

Crystal, this one is homemade food or at least that is the way it was last year. Neck of the Woods is all about things where you live, whether you make them or not.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

ya can't play without me or i will cry

Victoria Harbour, ON

Count me in

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Welcome ladies! Good to see you :)

Crystal- Its all home made stuff, preserves ect. I think you played in the spring?

Ocean Springs, MS

Leave it to me to be difficult, BUT can it include soaps, scrubs, etc. if they contain ingredients from our garden?

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Yes ma'am, Joy sent some of her famous soap last time, I hear theres been some lucrative deals going on for some more of it lol

Ok,, I would like to join since it will start after I get back from my vacation. However if my restrictions are to difficult I will not be offended if it is not possible to be in this swap

I cannot have anything with high Carb counts. I have started the Atkins diet so food may be too difficult for anyone to send me.

That being said,, I can and do love tea, and hazelnut coffee. I can have sugar free chocolate if the carb count is pretty low. I have found lots of great recipes on Pinterest. I would really like to try some of the great ones I found there. I love hand made soaps, bath salts and scrubs with coconut, cinnamon, and / or citrus scents.

Will this be enough for me to join?? Or is to hard for someone to send to me?

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Ok so just Bread mixes and jams Elfie?? lol Im kiddin!! There is lots of stuff with a low carb count! Lot of pickled items, dip/spice mixes, home made coffee mixes -sugar, mustards, if anyone does pressure canning the possibilities are endless!! Pesto, soups, sauces...sky is the limit! ;)

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

How bout I take you on for a partner? I can hook you up, sounds a lot like the S Beach diet..done that a few times lol. If someone else feels up for it, pm me ;) Otherwise I gotcha covered and no worries xx

Ok,, just glad to play!

Excited about my vacation! I will be driving right past Tracy / FloGro. not once but twice! Maybe we can meet up! You guys know how I like to meet up with new peeps! We leave October 5th! Driving to Dothan AL to stay with friends. Then to Honeymoon Island, then to Siesta Key, FL. For some reason I thought we were going to Sanibel Island,,, but alas nope. I am sad about that as Crystal will be there and I could have went to the beach with her,,, whaaaaa.

(Tracy) Lk Pan, FL(Zone 9a)

Hey Elfie! That would be awesome! We don't have a beach but we do have a nice restaurant overlooking the lake!

This message was edited Sep 8, 2014 7:43 PM

Tracy,, d mail me your phone # and we will make plans!!

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

OK. Let me in

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

O yeah! I don't care for anything hot, or as become the custom to say, spicy. Sometimes Wendy's chili is too hot for me, so as you see I do not like hot. Spicy to me means something other than hot (cinnamon or such) but that kind of spice I do like.

Those bean mixes for soups are good and mixes for cookies and brownies,etc.

Just send tons of Chocolate goodies to Crystal.. She does love chocolate. More than Bees like flowers, and Junkies like their drugs,,,lol. You can bribe my favorite sister of the heart with chocolate,, ohh and she likes coconut too!

Crystal ya know I love ya!!!

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

You got it, Elfie!

Heehee,, I bribe Crystal with Domino's lava cakes!! Darn,, I really like them too!! And now I cannot have them. Whaaaaa,,,

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

come bribe me! :)

Here ya go.

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

lol....

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Joy I'd just be happy to milk your goats n make cheese!! Those look yummy!!!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

I have bottle fed some of her baby goats, and they are so adorable!

Ocean Springs, MS

I'd love to learn to make cheese, too! we have a local creamery, and I can get fresh milk and cheese from them! It is so good!

I love cheese!!!!!

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

sure go on LK..rub it in some more..how bout some salt to pack the wound w too?? LOL

Susie has the Oct Witchy & Spookie Swap open.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1375977/

I hate to do this,, but I need to drop out of all my swaps. So sorry,,,

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Awww Elfie Ok, we will miss you. Are you ok?

Susie had to delete the old halloween swap, come and sign up on the new thread please?

Susie has the Oct Witchy & Spookie Swap open.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1376121/

Ocean Springs, MS

Just found a recipe to make my own granola and granola bars! Yes! Anyone else like granola? The recipe uses all natural ingredients with honey and I can add whatever fruits and nuts I like!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.