2nd ANNUAL THOUGHTS OF YOU

I am officially envious,,, wow,, I want to save a sea turtle.

I am leaving for Vacation on the 5th of October I will be gone until the 21st. I will be at my Aunts house on the 10th. So is it ok to get my name soon?? I would like to mail before I leave.

Elfie likes,, copper, fairies, frogs, wind chimes, shells, polymer clay, fairy doors,
bright pink shirts, size XL. Any beachy stuff, any type of miniatures for mini gardens!

No plants please. I am overwhelmed with plants still not in the ground yet,,

No food items unless it is sugar, high fructose, flour free. See way to hard for food,, sigh,, I am on the Atkins Diet and these are big no nos.

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

I have all kinds of "thoughts" which one you want!?

Elfie you best get yur hiny in gear..cause you have ONE MORE lol

Huh,, what did I fir get??

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Elfin Pink lol been too hot lately for diggin..but its cooling off..get ready

Ohhhh!! Thanks!!

Ocean Springs, MS

Badcat, I have all kinds of "thoughts", too! But this is a public forum, so BE GOOD! :)

I like anything with a fleur de lis, Saints Football, need some 4" and 6" planters for sunroom, need wall plant brackets for sunroom, collect lighthouses, need some non-skid ballet-shoe type slippers, love dark chocolate, dark roast coffee, soaps, scrubs, citrus is my favorite scent. love scarves (no wool), love granola and trail mix with nuts and dried fruits, want a good man (LOL) and anything else that makes my buddy "think of me"! I also need gardening tools! Mine are a little rusty! NO SPICY, please! No candles, please!

This message was edited Sep 15, 2014 7:41 PM

(Tracy) Lk Pan, FL(Zone 9a)

Here's a little bit about me: DH (25 yrs) & I sold nearly everything we owned and moved 1000 miles away to FL. We've been starting over from scratch for about a yr. I shop yard sales and antique stores for a "rustic luxe" style with earth tone colors. I prefer natural materials over plastic, well made vintage over new fangled, old shows over the current trash, you get the idea. I'm glad to see macramé making a comeback. I love homemade soap. I love wax warmers and a variety of scents. I use local wildlife as a "theme"...birds, ducks, frogs, etc. I have a succulent fetish. I just discovered polymer clay. My two favorite treats are dark chocolate and dark roast coffee (I'm with Julie on this one!). I like large tunic tops that cover my fat arms! I'm usually barefoot but love comfy sandals or flip flops (8 wide). I love to be creative. I love to fish. My favorite color is sage green. I need low light houseplants. My house is ruled by an old Schipperke and a young Blue Heeler! My DH is my gardening partner. LOL...ok, that's more than just a "little"!

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

I love unusual plants. About full up on succulents at this time though. Altho I will make an exception for living stones. I always enjoy a few to kill. Maybe one day I will find out how not to murder them. I want so BAD a grosso lavender plant!
I collect souvenier spoons. Do not buy on site as they are too expensive. I watch for them in thrift stores,etc.
Love chocolate, dark or not, plain light roast coffee. Love all kinds of sweets. No hot or spicy things.
Like old books about gardening. Like old mags like country living, southern living,things like that.
Have plenty of candles right now.
I am sure there are other things, but i like so many things, you could hardly miss.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

I "love" Alabama football. Anything bama. Big Al is my hero, i love frogs gnomes angels, fairies, hummingbirds, dragonflies, dogs, justabout any animal. I love smelly candles, yarn to crochet with, and love to fish. I also love going to church. I drink columbian coffee, love chocolate, but am on a diet. i love to garden and can. NMy beta fish just laid eggs. what do I do?

Here's what I found on the net:
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=71197

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Flo are you a cancer baby ? July Your like are the same as mine EXCEPT :)

I'm Single, Not Looking for a partner , I have many friends,
& much to keep me busy .
as for likes anything handmade or homemade, Garden decor
No flags I lost to many from the weather :(
I like Chickens,ducks, Lambs , Hummers, Love x lg, or 1x Cotton Night shirts, can always use Gardening gloves,
pruners, I like the sugar free Chocolates ,all kinds,
SACHETS ,MMMM For closets & drawers ,like hand lotions,
after shower Powders :) I like hoodie sweat shirts Xlg.we have very cold winters :)

Don't do Hats or scarfes
Cannot do candles ,
can't do house plants Just no room .

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

SIS, get Jax' name up there!!!

Nope...I'm a Libra. 25th of this month! I don't mind flags, but they're usually just too "cute" for my taste. I don't do anything that depicts snow either...just looks weird down here! Plus, I'm simply over that stuff. There's some things I miss about the north, but snow isn't one of them!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

jax doesn't want to come out and play. she is tramatized

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

I hate to say but I need to drop out. Darn. But I've over extended my self and have soo much I need to get caught up on Sorry...maybe next year... Please forgive.. Kathy

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

that makes 3

(Chris), IA(Zone 5a)

I've updated my post to add more ideas for me as I hadn't really given any previously :)

Sorry to see we're losing people, but I know how life can be!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I love sedums succulents and daylilies (evergreen and semi evergreen). Cute animals, gnomes, fairies, etc that hang off the side of pots. Metal art. Mini watering cans, cherubs, angels, I have four cats and three dogs so please don't send me any more LOL!

I'll think of more later.

Sue G

Ocean Springs, MS

After I finish the swaps I'm already doing, I'll probably have to wait for the Christmas swap before I join anymore! Still doing fairy swap, Sept, Daylily, Thoughts of You, Gourmet, and Oct. plant swap if Deejay does it! Whew! Plus Queen of the Month. So, come November, I have to save up for Christmas swap!

I am just happy to squeeze in the swaps I have done this year. Next year I hope to do many more than I was able this year. And I am definitely doing the Christmas swap this year too!!

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

hey thar, heaven! dont beez sending no swap cops after moi! I still beez traumatized! an ya kno why!!!! an i did thank big sis, even tho she did not have to................but that beez how sisters are.........yes indeedy!

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

I've been worried about you Jax.

Humff. I always beez worried abot Jax!!

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Sorry to drop out but I still have almost 900 plants to get in the ground before the end of October this year....(already had our first snow the other day). Seems like I put things off for too long and now I'm trying to get the ground ready..... So maybe next year I can get in on this trade. Hate to back out but... Kathy

Pix is new area in the back I'm working on....

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Ocean Springs, MS

Wow, Kathy, you will be busy. Hope the snow holds off until you can get some things done.

Yay, getting names soon!

I'm also sorry I had to drop, but Money shortage here after Paying My Summer taxes even last summer taxes they say I forgot to pay Ouch ,they are now paid . so I will watch you all have a great time here :)

Next Month is our Holloween Fun & I have been working on the new thread for that one .
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1375977/

And I have to drop out of all my swaps too. So sorry....

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Sorry we're losing you Elfie. I hope you're okay.

Ocean Springs, MS

Deejay and Elfie, we will miss you!

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

I guess I'd better put up my own eccentricities.

Mostly, I like purple: violet, lavender, lilac, periwinkle.... Also magenta, coral, salmon, and lime green. Nothing golden- or mustard-yellow. Butter-yellow yes. All blues too.

Also old rusty things, plant tags, old wooden oddities, including objects to put on top of tall wooden obelisks.(that we make).

I like sweets, but nothing with peppers or any hot spice, and no scented products of any kind. Unscented handmade soaps are great.

Seeds are great. Perrenials are too.

Hope that helps my buddy. I am revved up to start thinking of mine!

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Could somebody please tell me again how to find the address exchange? I put myself in it, and I've gotten there once, so I know I have access, but I've pushed all the buttons I see but they don't lead me there.

Thank you.

Yes, DeeJay, we will miss you too. I'm sorry any of you had to drop out, but we will still be thinking of you. Ain't that right, jkj?

Ocean Springs, MS

Turtles, on the home page, click guides and info. when that page loads, go to the far right and click "extras." The address exchange is on that page. Here's the link:
http://davesgarden.com/extras.php

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Thank you so much Julie!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Sorry to hear your both dropping out, but there will be more swaps when your ready!

Susie had to delete the old halloween swap, come and sign up on the new thread please?

Susie has the Oct Witchy & Spookie Swap open.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1376121/

Thanks LK & you all are not loosing me I will be right here watching you all , just waiting for my neighbor to call & let me know she is ready I Have to take her to the wound clinic to
get her legs re wrapped not sure why she bothers she takes the bandages off 2 days later.
I do love these swaps but after my taxes I was over my limit this month so I will sit back & watch ya :)
Next month won't be so bad I hope anyway :) well got the call ya all have a great day BBL

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Im a big diy'er. I love canning, making cheese, crafts, ect.. Rennet is always good!!! Polymer clay, hops, reg mouth canning lids, Wilton concentrated color gel for cake making, weird/unusual cooking ingredients, im not really picky. Havent gotten a box i didnt like so there ya go!

We getting names soon?? lol I have to go shopping tomorrow ;)

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

I'm sorry I'm late with the names. Have been too busy here at home. Don't have time to check in.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

if you didn't get a name, please let me know. i'm so scatter brained this week, don't know what i'm doing

I got my name.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.