Morning Glories 2014 #10

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1369506

Weird Saz, nothing like the regular Saz blooms
Pres Bush
PPV
Purple Tie Dye

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

This is from last yrs blooms. I don't have anything to compare to the nice blooms I had last yr, This is a horrible growing season for me. I'm blaming it on the deluge of rain we got
in May and June. Even now, still having to cover the vines in the large tubs out back to
protect from all the rain. The blooms coming'out of 2 of the tubs are malformed. Downright ugly. :-(

Xiongs last yr
My blue LYK , last yr, I thought was similar to Debras unknown blue but I see they;re not the same.
Ip carnea, also last yr.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Caitlin) Fresno, CA(Zone 9b)

Gosh I'm so jealous of your rain. Send some out here, wouldya?

Wifeygirl, sure wish I could. I know Caifornia is having the worst drought ever, very scary.

Gautier, MS

I enjoyed seeing every ones blooms, from previous page too. Really like your blue LYK from last year Jackie but all the blooms from everyone are pretty.

Debra that pink salvia does come back for me every year. Can reseed a bit too.

Off day for me, tired and only getting to sit and post now.

I was late in taking pictures today again, a few blooms I missed and were already closing.
First could be no Mai
Rose or Chocolate silk
Mauve splash
Praying manthis
DH favorite bloom

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

That does look like a no mai, Helena, and I hope you are not coming down with something..
Is that a pride of barados bloom? Beautiful!
Jackie, I have no clue what it is , that weird blue one but I will keep planting it.. PPV is back.. on the same fence it grew last year with the moon flowers.. it is from last years dropped seeds, Altho I can't understand why the worms didn't get them last year. remember the problem I had? Found a worm in practically every seed pod.
Your blooms will improve, Jackie, we have about 2 and a half months of growing season ,, right?
I planted your SAZ and your LYK you sent me so can't wait for those two..
here is Keiru, this am..( I think it is keiryu have to look at package from onalees.) and a few other blooms that opened.. something on the beach.. LOL

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

It has been a great summer so far here.. we could use a little more rain, it passes us by and heads for you, Jackie. Wifeygirl, I am Debra, what is your name? I can't wait to see your trellis.
Hibiscus are all popping out..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

here the sunflower mgs..

Great blooms Helena, love the beautiful No Mai and Chocolate Silk. I love the same plant your DH does. I;ve never had a bloom on mine.

This message was edited Aug 3, 2014 12:30 AM

That choc silk does look large.. and I forgot to tell you ,Jackie that I have some pretty weird leaves going on, .. hoping it is just the plants nature and not that dreaded yellows aster virus. I did plant count drac, just waiting to see what happens..

Oops Debra, I didn;t refresh the page so missed your absolutely beautiful blooms.
Love the gorgeous Keiryu and the pretty purple bloom with the insect enjoying the nectar.
Beautiful Hibiscus and purps too.

Oops Debra, well I'm having a horrible time keeping up, lol. I hope its not that dreaded
aster virus either. You know I have my hands full with a nasty virus on my pandy.
I;ll try to send pics tomorrow. Its making a large growth that now looks like gall.
Hope it doesn;t kill my pandy.
Can't wait to see your Drac

This message was edited Aug 3, 2014 12:42 AM

Those Pandys are pretty tuff out in the country with n one to care for them but nature, Jackie, so I bet yours will be fine. I just snip off anything that looks bad on my plants. It gives me more time to look at stuff up close when I am snipping and pruning. I would just keep cutting the affected areas off.. will take a pic of all the weird leaves in am, and Helena, I love praying mantis. Joe picked me up another arbor to match the one at the north end of the garden patch. can't wait! 50 bucks at kamrt..

I am behind trying to keep the bad lvs pulled Debra. No wonder,my pandy is huge on the fence, a lot of area to cover. Maybe I can work on it tomorrow.
Love your arbor with the hummer feeder and MG. Beautiful Adenium with red flowers

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Debra. Lot's of pretty blooms from your garden. Yes that is the common name for that plant, I would misspell the scientific name. Had 3 plants only one came back this year.
Got a few sprinkles but that was about it for now.

Dany's Wedding Bell's, I could not get the other seeds of WB to germinate, not even the ones I bought from Ebay. All others are repeat blooms. Did I show you all my moth caterpillar that's munching on my Nicotiana.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Hi Debra! My name is Caitlin. =) I'm happy to be getting to know all of you. =)

Thumbnail by Wifeygirl

Hi Caitlin, we need to send some seeds to you of the i nils, dmail your address and I will send you some..where you are at it is still time to plant, since it won't freeze till late in year right?
Helena that is a pretty worm, hope it makes a beautiful flutterby for you. No new blooms this am, so no new shots. Has anyone ever made a plant from a hibiscus cutting> I am thinking of trimming my Kopper King. We are moving it this fall to a more sunnier location.

Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Caitlin really needs to fall for the Ipomoea nils to get hooked into mg addiction.

Thanks Debra, my caterpillar worm is much bigger today. I had it ID'ed on the butterfly nd hummingbird forum and pretty sure after I also google it to be a future moth, (Sphinx).
Found another manthis, lots of bugs for it to feast on. I'm having the same problem now with finding seed pods eaten by worms. On the other hand I'm so proud of my cucumber vine, sure hope It makes me some nice cucumbers.

Debra, I'm pretty sure you can root your hibiscus cutting. I've done it I the past. Love your bloom.

This message was edited Aug 3, 2014 1:59 PM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

More lovely blooms Helena. Love the Wedding Bells.

Debra, try making a tent for your Kopper King cutting (when you take one) Use a see thru baggie. Increases the humidity and
might make it easier to root.
A new bloom for me this morning is Helenas' pretty Pink Porcelain x Chocolate Blizzard
stripe, a cross. Thanks for the sds Helena.
Well I can't send it. Shows IE is blocking a pop up. Its not set to block pop ups. SMH

I switched to Firefox and now I can pull up my pics. Must be an IE problem.

Helenas Pink Porcelain x Chocolate Blizzard stripes cross.
PPV

Ugly blight on my pandy, looks like the gall thats on my Oak tree.
Starts with the thickened leaf that looks like a thickened stem.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Haha I can hear you guys scheming about me! I keep searching for this Ipomoea Nils and I'm not sure what we're talking about, but I'll take it.

(Check out my "Bare Dirt to Cottage Garden (in Pictures)" thread in Cottage Gardening...you'll learn that I never say no to free plants! LOL)

And now you've gotten me to figure out how to send a Dmail too! =)

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Hi guys, loving all the blooms. Been so busy it's hard to keep up with posting on a few sites.

Here are a few blooms I'v been getting. My Nils are just starting to pop.

Jackie do you recognize this pale blue, it came from seeds you sent it was supposed to be the Dai I think from Arlan.

Third one is Velvet plum from Bluespiral/Karen

Last is a Blue speck also from Arlan a few years ago...just came as a number file

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

A few more

This was a pleasant volunteer surprise, first time ever I had Nils grow in the spring from winter seeds.

My seeds from one last year called White Shibori

Noid dark pink, huge bloom!

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes

Absolutely beautiful blooms Ronnie, so glad you sent us some pics.
I never could get Joseph's Dai to do so I don't have a clue what was in the seed pkt. it was just marked as Joseph's Dai. Its a lovely bloom. The speckled is a beauty and Karens Velvet
Plum. Nice pink, looks a little like Xiong's.

Gautier, MS

Awesome blooms Ronnie. Really enjoyed the show of your blooms. It's so easy to fall in love with morning glories.

Wish my new bloom wasn't with slight defect, Aomurasaki youjiro lilac, no mai that maybe is pink tie dye, Dany's WB's Mauve splash.

Beautiful blooms Helena. .Love the 1st one and the 2nd one is very nice too.
Wish I had something new. opening.

This is Xiongs not
No Mai
Blue Lav Beauty tub out back
Weird Saz

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Helena love your last photo!

Weird Saz is a real looker Jackie, I like it!

Ronnie, I love your blooms, I look forward to seeing more of them. Helena, all I see is perfection with no defects in your blooms.
Jackie, I agree with Ronnie WS is a real looker, but I love the others as well, and any repeats are new to me cuz you never see the same bloom twice. ( at least I don't.
I have shrubs a pear tree, and various other trees and sunflowers out in the alley all covered in blooms from purps of all kinds this am.
SOH finally threw a bloom. Lav silk water color had two blooms on the sunflower Patio tub near the beanpatch garden. That is about it here, will see if my pics took good ..

This message was edited Aug 5, 2014 7:05 AM

Thanks Ronnie and Debra..
I hope you send us pics soon Debra. I loved
your purps growing on the tomato tower.
Eager to see what blooms Saz and Blue LYK throw for you.

Gautier, MS

Love your Saz Jackie, the others are just as pretty too.

Thanks Everyone.

Guess it's my nature to be critical of my blooms but I think it has something to do with the bugs that are taking the nourishment from the leaves maybe. I did spraying some of them the other day. Tiny green flies under the leaves.

China Doll bloom, even after I protected it from the rain. I hope to get seeds from this vine to keep it going. Hoping to get better blooms too.
I didn't protect this 2nd bloom yet it doesn't look damaged.

This message was edited Aug 5, 2014 7:57 AM

All beautiful blooms Helerna. I'm partial to China Doll. One of my all time favorites
and very hard for me to get sds from. I'm growing one this yr too but its still waiting'for a larger pot. Might get that done today.
Your blooms look perfect to me Helena.

My Blue Blizzard blooms are torn everyday. Made 2 different blooms.
Pres Bush, edited to say it makes 2 diferent blooms almost daily just like BB above

This message was edited Aug 5, 2014 2:25 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

wowie, I love china doll, she is a beauty. All your blooms are gorgeous, Helena and Jackie.

Is this Black King or Black King sport? tag is faded..
Also, you wanted to see some weird leaves, here they are ... weird I say..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

forgot the leaves.. and this large white.. and this watercolor lav silk and this last one I have no clue it's name

For Caitlin, my purp gardens , and a small SOH and this blue star I bet it is from Ronnie..

Gautier, MS

Love your Blue blizzard and Pres Bush, Jackie. I really like it when they have different blooms.

Beautiful Black King Debra. I think they differ a little too, some have a slightly dark center than others. Yours look like are pretty large blooms.

Gautier, MS

Those are unusual leaves Debra. I also have a blue speckled vine that makes curled leaves. Have know idea what the reason for it.

All your blooms are gorgeous. Love the lavender silk, blue star and all your pretty purpureas are all special. All eye candy!

yes, they are big blooms.. I planted some sport of black king and some black king.. from you and Jackie so can't wait to see the other ones. I am looking forward to seeing the blue blizzard again when Jackie posts.

Thanks Debra and Helena

Love the Black King Debra. I've had lvs like that too.You know I think your last bloom'after the lovely watercolor is a Purple No Mai. Send more pics when it blooms again.

I forgot to hand pollinate today but plan on saving you a few Blue Blizzard sds Debra.

Yay, Debra, thanks for the garden pics! I love the context!! Gorgeous.
I love how the ones in that second pic just glow!

Deb,couldn;t get my dmail to go to you this am. Don;t know whats up with that. Neither IE
or Firefox. I was trying to send you this pic of your unknown lovely pink bloom. This yr
its making tons of sds
Debs unknown pretty pink
Cha Cha maru
torn Blue silk, over 5 inches across/
my 1st hige in over 3 yrs. a couple of blooms last yr were just partially split so I didn't even consider them hige's.
This has a pale pink blush to an otherwise white bloom. My original blooms were never
white
This purp is in the pot with indica

This message was edited Aug 6, 2014 3:00 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.