August Weather, Dog Days of Summer!

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Pretty pictures, Sunkissed.

They are calling for a high of 94F today.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 12:51 PM PDT on August 18, 2014
Clear
92 °F
Clear
Humidity: 35%
Dew Point: 61 °F
Wind: 7 mph from the ESE
Pressure: 29.80 in (Falling)
Heat Index: 92 °F
Visibility: 7.0 miles
UV: 11 out of 16
Pollen: 4.80 out of 12

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

These are for the curious- and those who like blue skies- Microb, when chores allow you

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1372310/

I am catchin up on sleep and laundry, and enjoying every slo minute of it in Spokane. Tomorro I dance the job again

100° on my dash, wundergnd says 95°, 16% hum, winds 8mph ssw but a pred of 99° poss (yest hi 102°)

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Currently 84. Sun has mostly gone down and it's still hot. Blech!!

Mountain View, HI

We are in for a beautiful stretch of tradewind weather. Just a little warm and humid.

If it wasn't for the garden debris and the fact that about a 1000 residents still don't have power you would never know a hurricane past through

Hi Sunkissed - I mentioned the one tree because it took out my greenhouse. However I had three other tall evergreens in the garden and they all fell. One at the root, two others snapped about 15ft above ground. I had a row of evergreens along the roadside along our fence line. I think six of those went down. I will post some before and after pics of the road outside our gateway.

Thanks for sharing pics Kittriana. Nice big blue skies and faraway scenery. I envy you your travels. But home is always nice to come back to.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

84 yesterday here yesterday also ,, 88 for today .. hot , humid . and sticky

Humidity was 95% for a while , That together with Kelli's 100 degrees , Would about describe it ....

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Looks like we will have our hottest temperatures the next four days and a very slight chance of rain. Predictions are mid to upper 90's with heat index of over 100. So dog days are here now.

Mike, too bad about all those trees, I would like to see your photos of before and after. Sounds like when we were hit by three back to back hurricanes in 2004, we lost all six of our oaks out front. The last hurricane to hit Florida was Wilma in 2005.

Florida is actually in a hurricane drought, this is the ninth season that no hurricane has hit the state, which to me is amazing since we hang down here surrounded by tropical waters right in their pathway. Unfortunately insurance companies haven't given us a break on premiums.

Ponce Inlet light house close to Daytona beach, and a view of Daytona Beach from out on the ocean

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Dew point hit 71º yesterday afternoon. Temp was mid 80's.
Storms all around, but we didn't even get a drop of rain.
Cooler today.

They are calling for a high of 85F and there is a minute chance of some drizzle. I don't think it will happen here. The sky isn't dark enough.

Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on August 19, 2014
Overcast
68 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 70%
Dew Point: 58 °F
Wind: 7 mph from the SE
Pressure: 29.86 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 4.80 out of 12

Rain early this morning. Rained for a couple hours so we got a good soaker.

High was around 97 I think I heard and heat index supposedly 101 here by me. Didn't feel that hot to me. lol

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Last night a lot of thunder and lightning , Rained into a few hours before sunrise .

64 degrees F this morning
93% humidity .

They are calling for a high of 86F.

Updated: 8:51 AM PDT on August 20, 2014
Scattered Clouds
70 °F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 63%
Dew Point: 57 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 29.92 in (Rising)
UV: 3 out of 16
Pollen: 5.60 out of 12

Our low will be around 86 tonight if we are lucky.

Ugh!

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

It was 79° before the sun rise this morning, up to 96°, Real Feel 111°...very slight chance of afternoon thunderstorms.....UGH...we're going to the springs today to cool off.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Low 70's moderate to heavy rain ,,
thunderstorms about the area
Quiet , steady , rainfall currently ...
( Nuclear Scenario's taking place everywhere ) nature sure is a blast though , huh ?

They're call for a high of 87F. That means it will be around 90F at the house. At least it cools down at night.

Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on August 21, 2014
Clear
66 °F
Clear
Humidity: 75%
Dew Point: 58 °F
Pressure: 29.92 in (Rising)
Pollen: 5.40 out of 12

Currently 91. Heat index reached around 101 today. Heat advisory in effect thru tomorrow night. I'm so glad they have me working the early shift right now. lol

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

High of 84° here in northwest Pa. today with rain this morning. It rained most of the night on Tuesday. Late afternoon Wed. brought 2 direct hits by thunderstorms in quick succession. 3 1/2 inches of rain in the gauge!

Tomatoes are finally starting to ripen! A grand total of 4 so far, 1 Mary Robinson's German Bi-color, 1 Blue Beauty and 2 Golden King of Siberia. My tomatoes are all in raised beds and have not suffered from all the rain like so many others in the area.

Early_Bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Ready for long day of picking & packing.
Dew point 71º.
Tropical weather today. High near 90º.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

73 degress and thunderstorms here ,
rained all night
raining still

69 the Dew point , high near 90 ,, Thanks CG ,,,???

Visibility variable ,2-4 miles .

Yeah , but it's warm !^_^

Like the rest of you, they are calling for a high of 90F.

Updated: 5:51 AM PDT on August 22, 2014
Clear
67 °F
Clear
Humidity: 76%
Dew Point: 59 °F
Pressure: 29.91 in (Falling)

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

It started out a hot sunny day in Washington state. Hot and dry. I crossed Idaho went down into Montana. Drop to 70s, and DGers tol me weather was comin. @ Missoula the skies got darker, the weather lady is setting the snowline to 6500 feet Monday August 25th, and the temperatures keep dropping. 53° Rocker, Mt. the Rainbows lied the rain did not stop, there were flecks of ice in the rain, thunder- lightning- rains that hammered the ground, and sat inches deep and Reynolds on the road.

Still I hear tell Chicago was flooding hail is further south...

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana

High 90s for high today. I think it was around 97 or so with high humidity. Stand outside for 3 minutes and you're sweating.

Heat advisory in effect til tomorrow night.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Rain this morning, ¼".
Now 83º, high humidity.
Cool down starting Monday.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Coming sooner than Monday, Am sitting in Clearwater, Mn and it has drizzled all day so far- tho it is barely behind me now. 76*, 71%humidity, breeze at 10mph.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

88 now , 89 a while ago ,
Clouds up rain drizzles a little , then the sunshine comes back ,, frightfully Humid and uncomfortable ...
Humidity 88%
dew point 71 avg ,
Wind 2-5 Mph
UV Index low at 2
Barometric pressure 30.0 and rising .

Terribly muggy , sticky , Hot , day ,,
But ----- At least it is warm ,, ^_^

Mountain View, HI

What a beautiful Hawaiian day. A few early showers, puffy white clouds drifting across a blue sky driven by gentle tradewinds. Should be like this for a week. So nice to see those tropical storms drifting around the eastern Pacific.

Storm clean up continues, wild pigs in the forest along side the driveway this morning but we are fenced in. They moved off and annoyed our neighbors dogs.

Currently 95 with a high of 97 today. It will be like this thru Wed when a cool front moves in with some much needed rain.

Pepper, you have my sympathies. I know what that temperature is like but can only imagine what it is like with humidity.

Today they are calling for a high of 88F. It is cloudy this morning, which helps keep things cooler, at least for a while. I'm guessing it will burn off by lunch time. I keep looking for signs of fall. Haven't seen any yet.

Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on August 24, 2014
Overcast
64 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 78%
Dew Point: 57 °F
Pressure: 29.89 in (Rising)

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Comin in toward Chicago.84* on the dash hot windy, hearing news of earthquake in California

Aurora, Il 86°65% humidty 7mph sse

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

89 and sunny here now ,, With a heat index of 96
Humidity 84%
Wind SSE 5
UV index 7

Earthquake was in Napa, not around here.

Updated: 12:51 PM PDT on August 24, 2014
Clear
85 °F
Clear
Humidity: 29%
Dew Point: 49 °F
Wind: 5 mph from the SE
Pressure: 29.85 in (Falling)
UV: 11 out of 16

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

well it erased my link attempts ,,
5.0 severe , lot of damage ...
Weather channels , updates ,, it is now in the news ,,

Good hopes to the towns and people affected ..

This message was edited Aug 24, 2014 4:34 PM

Mountain View, HI

A bit overcast and some light rain showers, still near 80f but more humid and not so sunny today.

Pigs didn't go far, I think it must be rutting season based on the screams coming from the forest close by. Will try and get the nerve to go look see later. they may be inside our fence line.

Volcano National Park staff started public advisory meetings yesterday. The current lava flow is moving towards lightly populated area. (Not in our direction thankfully). Easy to track when lava flows on the service and burns the forest. Problem is the surface flow disappeared down a large deep crack in the ground and all that is visible is steam rising through the tree tops tracing the path of the crack. So far crack has extended the flow by almost a mile. Good photos on National park website.

Currently 92. Humid with no breeze. At all. Not a single leaf moving out there. Is it Wed yet?

They are calling for a high of 85F today but I bet it will be more like 90F.

Updated: 8:51 AM PDT on August 25, 2014
Clear
68 °F
Clear
Humidity: 63%
Dew Point: 55 °F
Pressure: 29.88 in (Steady)
UV: 3 out of 16
Pollen: 5.90 out of 12

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

it is 90 degrees at about noon hour here ,, and still rising
Back later ,, Hot , hot , HOT!!!
UV 8
Humidity 64%
The only thing good about playing with concrete in these temperatures ,, Is You Get To Play In The Water ! lol ,, ^_^

Still hot. Currently 91 and dark.

Mountain View, HI

Yes its more perfect tourist Hawaiian weather. Blue skies, a light breeze and those nice white clouds drifting by. But it is HOT and HUMID. For us in the rainforest 85f is too hot. Never used to be like this. Last year we had ceiling fans installed after 20 years at this location.

I go back to the February weather forum and read about all that snow just to cool down.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Beautiful day here. Sunny, light west wind, 73º. Who could ask for better weather.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.