Morning Glories 2014 #09

Gautier, MS

I agree with Linda.

Pretty blooms Jackie. I'm happy to see you are getting new ones.

Love all your blooms Gordon, that 2nd one is awesome. Your kitty cats too, I have an orange one too.

No guessing how this one was crossed. The rest are repeats,

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Those are pretty blooms, but I really like the first one, and the 3rd one!

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Beautiful blooms Debra, especially the stictocardia and # 4. Love the
trellis and the kitty cat.
Hi Gordon, Love your blooms and your trellis, not to mention the kitties. :-)

Helena beautiful blooms, that 3rd one has me drooling,

I had repeats but a Blue Lav Beauty bloom has a different look, not really looking like the
blooms from past yrs. EXcuse the thumb holding the bloom open.
Purple TD
PPV

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

wowzers, all of the photos presented today are breathtaking. Gordon your stictocardia is beautiful, and I love your trellis and kitty. I will see blooms on my sticto in the winter as usual in the basement.
Jackie , is the first one the lav beauty? Td is gorgeous too.
Helena you know which one is my favorite, that blue one ;) but I love the dotted pink and white too.

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

Debra,,I had that with the sticto's before ... they bloom I hear in response to decreaded light ... by the time the days got shorter.. it was too cold for it outside.. and I brought it in.. unfortunately I lost it during the winter.. before it bloomed... this year I fooled it... I grew it inside starting it iin the fall... set the lights for 16+ hours a day.. along with window light ... it grew well inside... then in the spring I put it out.. where the sun wasn't giving as much light as inside... so it started blooming out in late spring... at least that's what I attribute the summer flowering to..but it has gone wild... must be 300 ft of it off the one root...side to side of the roof.. with a number of vines... some up to the top of a 10 trellis... then taking off on a string across the roof with 4 vines... I'll have a sticto canopy..

(Caitlin) Fresno, CA(Zone 9b)

Thanks, Gordon! I see that you had the same inspiration!

I was trying to sell the four-sectioned Japanese screen that my kitties had scratched up and ruined. I put it out at three different garage sales, with no takers. Then one day I looked at it and VOILA! I saw a trellis. Ripped the backing off, disconnected the middle hinges, and now they flank my entry. =D

I have to admit that I felt pretty clever. Here's the one on the other side of the door with the Black Eyed Susan Vine. Once my MG fills in it's going to be very pretty! I'm even thinking of stringing twine over the entrance so that the Black Eyed Susan Vine and the MG meet in the middle. Won't that be pretty?

Thumbnail by Wifeygirl

Finally found one that shows both trellises (before my MG grew up a little). MG meeting the Black Eyed Susans over the entry would be neat, huh?

Thumbnail by Wifeygirl

Deb, thank you Yes the 1st pic is Blue Lav Beauty, no sign of the Lav that usually shows up in each bloom.
Wifey girl, nice trellis and Black Eyed Susan, wish I had started one of my sds.

Good Morning.. have a great day.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Morning Debra! Beautiful blooms!

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie and Debra. Nice colors to see.

I was late in taking pics today. The colors started fading close to 11 am.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Gorgeous blooms this morning Debra. # 3 is striking but all are lovely.

Love your white with soft pink Helena. Pretty blue/purple too,

Blurry Fuji no Sora

Thumbnail by patootie

They may be faded, but they are still pretty!

Nice blooms today everyone!

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.

I love the peach color of this small bloom, a cross from my "pumpkin".
Rest of repeats.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

wow, I love that white.. I am so missing my oriheime, can you tell? That blue purple large bloom is really nice, can't tell it is fading here.
Jackie, that is beautiful, I can't wait to see more.
As usual the blooms posted have lifted m spirits for a day.

Thanks ladies.

Helena, how big is your lovely peach bloom? I really like it and you may have already sent me sds of this one. Is that some flaking I see on the large white, very pretty?
Gorgeous last bloom.

Saz
Blue Blizzard
Pres Bush, this is the bloom I lke the best from PB
2 diff blooms from BMN, the all white and
# 2 with the pink showing even tho bloom was trying to close.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Debra and Jackie.

Jackie, it's the little mg. I'm pretty sure I sent you some seeds last year of them. Just a bit lighter than "pumpkin".

I love all your beautiful blooms Jackie. Very showy and nice colors.

Debra, Jackie, Helen, could you post some pictures of your MGs in context in your gardens? I'd love to see where they live. =)

Thanks Helena,
I miss your lovely Oriheme too Debra.

Wifeygirl. My mg's are not in a garden setting. The only way I can handle so many is with them in tubs on the carport out of the rain/storms.

Tonight the raccoons tried to tear up all of my vines. I won;t be able to see till in the morning how much damage they've done. :-( Some almost yanked all the way out of the pots

Gautier, MS

Oh no Jackie. I hope you water them well after getting them back in their pots.

I have too many vines set up in pots, just to enjoy the blooms. I don't have the time or energy to make it a showy garden, sorry.. I also have 3 cats that sometimes like to dig in the pots to have to put rocks or other pots to keep them out.

Here's what bloomed today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Ah, so you are human and busy? That actually makes me feel better, since I am too... ;-) Your blooms are stunning!

Love that Saz - some of the colors on these are amazing, the way they lead your eye into the center of the flower like an optical illusion. Gorgeous!

Gautier, MS

Thanks Wifeygirl. As usual I started too many seedlings that still need to be potted up...
I'm easily overwhelmed by everything that needs to be done. My age is catching up with me every time I work outside I have to take the next day or two off to recover.

I thought I posted these blooms too from this morning, guess I was in a hurry.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Only alowed to post one pic at a time. Don't know what's up with the site, message reads "message halted"

This message was edited Jul 30, 2014 12:40 PM

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful Mauve Splash Helena. Like the white and the Pink Porcelain cross too
I will get around to watering my vines. They are droopy. I don't know now if it was raccoons or my cats that did it. Usually my kitties don't bother my blooms.
I had tons of blooms open today but a few damaged too bad to share.

Dany's # 8 blue Star in a small cup
Pres Bush
no Mai
Xiongs not
Blue Blizzard

Thumbnail by patootie

Well it did the same thing to me Helena.

Pres Bush

Thumbnail by patootie

No Mai

Thumbnail by patootie

Xiongs not

Thumbnail by patootie

Blue blizzard

Thumbnail by patootie

No Sora

Thumbnail by patootie

Pink Tie Dye

Thumbnail by patootie

wow, it is a bunch of beauty's, too bad one photo at a time like old days.. I do have some in garden settings..
the green bean patch arbor

Thumbnail by joeswife

the back door strings..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

whoa! 2 at once! peppermint hige on yarn string

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

on tall sunflowers
on the fences..
on large tomatoe cages
poles and strings

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

I think it is fixed now..
on the new arbor location
so glad to see my aratsu? one of the blurry ones is jackies xiongs

this one on the sunflower is really special, it is a pale lavender watercolor seed from last years save tagged lavender silk
white purp from my sisters out in alley
other purps on sunflowers in the alley

on the patio tower I made is shiva and shibouri
here is my happy place patio outside looking in
and my north flower bed
and another i nil from Dany's mix
and the pandy on the patio

pandy..

Thumbnail by joeswife

Deb, love your Peppermint Hige, gorgeous color. Great shape on your pretty purps
blooming on the tomato tower. Just beautiful
The1st bloom on post # 9906883 is really pretty.
Is that a Joyce Cobb on the next row?

Thanks Jackie, yes that is Darren's JC.
Pep Hige is setting seed pods. going to have lots of seeds from that one. I need to pull the purps out by the root on the patio fences and arches, that are duplicates and triplets of what is on the fence and in the alley. Have to safeguard my self with body armor to keep chiggers and mosquitoes off, long enough to tag. back there, then I can check the different ones off the list on the patio as I pull them. Course you know I have to find the bloom stem tip and unwind it all the way down, or just follow it to the bottom and pull. I do all my winding and un winding and leader training at night, but now the web weavers are out in full force, so I have to use a broom to get them down long enough for me to play at night out there. Love my webweavers and enjoy watching them get full of bugs every night..
wish this milkweed would bloom so I can tell which one it is..I keep them un wound in the mgs there..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.