July weather, hot or not ?

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Nice picture.

It is cloudy this morning, which might make things less hot. They are calling for a high of 88F. It will probably be around 90F at the house.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on July 10, 2014
Haze
65 °F
Haze
Humidity: 81%
Dew Point: 59 °F
Wind: 5 mph from the SSE
Pressure: 29.95 in (Rising)
Visibility: 6.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 2.10 out of 12

They are calling for a high of 89F today. I'll bet it will still reach 90F at our house, though. It will definitely be that hot under the porch roof. Heat builds up under there.

Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on July 11, 2014
Mostly Cloudy
64 °F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 84%
Dew Point: 59 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 29.96 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
Pollen: 2.20 out of 12

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Ft Pierce, Fl last night. Beautiful thunderheads, occasional rains, clouds kept the sun from making miserable days
Today is more sun than clouds, breezes, less raindrops.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Western, WI(Zone 4a)

pouring rain here today, and looks like it will continue for quite some time.
Oh well, guess my sand can use it?

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Currently 78 and sunny.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Less than a 1/10" this morning. Then sun, now cloudy.
Wind is keeping gnats away.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Ft Pierce, Fl again. Fierce sun. 86* but 91* on truck dash. Watchin a dark colored bird catch shiners in a pond- loon comes to mind. Family of 3 lizards with tails in the air- I caught 1 of the fast critturs

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana

Bird might be an anhinga. Loons are probably all up north this time of year.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Loony was how I was feeling- dont think it anhinga- spent more time under water than on, but came all the way on top of water, head was a bit different to me- i know my pix are awful. so am goin to keep lookin for what it may be. thanx tho

ok. i am backtracking. i think you are right with the description i read in ask.com and squinching in on my cellphone pix. anhinga. snake darter. ok now for that chipmunk imitating lizard...

This message was edited Jul 11, 2014 7:40 PM

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Kittriana, you're not too far south from me, but I do think that is an Anhinga, we have tons of them here and they can stay under for a quite bit. Loons are winter birds mostly on west coast of FL.

It was actually nice last night and the first night we didn't have rain this week, although it was all around us. Humidity was 39% at 5PM, and in the house it was 40%. So we enjoyed sitting out under our oaks....Skeeters are still so bad so organic bug dope had to be used ☺.

Some pictures on July 2nd, that is Tropical storm Arthur at sunrise over the ocean as close as it got to us.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed

Pretty pictures, even if it is of a tropical storm. There is beauty in everything in nature, except maybe spiders.

They are calling for a high of 92F today. If you've been paying attention, you know that means more like 94F at the house.

Updated: 5:51 AM PDT on July 12, 2014
Clear
64 °F
Clear
Humidity: 80%
Dew Point: 58 °F
Wind: 4 mph from the South
Pressure: 29.97 in (Rising)

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Spiders may not all be pretty- but they get reactions from everyome! Beautiful pix. Saw more of those birds on my way across 60 to Auburndale before heading north to Illinois again. My truck dash is recording 110* and it isnt in the sun. Hmm 86*, 63% humidity, 4mph 'wind'? Chuckl. Tall cumulus in blue skies, flat land sands.

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

80 at noon . 77 now , cloudy , waiting for rain ,
possible severe weather for tomorrow
later today too maybe ..
78% humidity and rising
wind of and on at 10 mph

Mountain View, HI

Looks like we may get some weather. The remnants of Hurricane Fausto, which was way East of us a few days ago is approaching. Its now just a low pressure trough moving to the west.
No wind concerns but we may get heavy showers on Sunday and Monday and it will be very humid. No thunderstorms expected so purely a rain event.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Tifton Georgia at sunset tonite. My vampire blood was booing the sun as I drove out of the clouds and rain in Florida.

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana

They are calling for a high of 99F today.

Updated: 5:51 AM PDT on July 13, 2014
Clear
69 °F
Clear
Humidity: 68%
Dew Point: 58 °F
Pressure: 29.89 in (Falling)

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Nice day, sunny, no wind. A rain would be nice.

Mosquitoes & gnats are rampant.

Mountain View, HI

Certainly muggy and cloudy as forecast but so far no rain where we are. Hilo is reporting heavy rain 18 miles down on the coast but nothing here. It may become a non event.

There was some scattered showers in area today but not enough. lol. Says 84 on computer but I think that's a bit high since we never got much warmer than that today and we have a cool front moving in.

Had great weather over the weekend. Went to the Ozarks for a camping/floating trip and had a blast. No bugs at our campsite except for flies. Paradise!!

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Miserable hot when I settled in Haubstadt, Ind for the night- during the night storms rolled in and water ran the ditches. Overcast and 73* 90% humidity and breeze at 6mph.comfortable.

It is humid and heavily cloudy. What they call the monsoon weather in Arizona is spilling over here. We don't get the rain, though, only the humidity. They are calling for a high of 91F today.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Nice day, cool & windy. No skeeters!!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Cloudy overcast , cooler here also, but still 85 degrees .
No rain for a few days , storms forecast a few days ago never happened , only the humidity .
nicer now , When the humidity fell last evening , that made for beautiful feeling evening .
When the sun does shine , it feels like a cooker ..

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

87 the high .
65 and rain now ,
Started raining at 4.30 light now , after thunder and lightning for an hour .
57 tonight , A cool July ..

Currently 76. High was 77. Felt great!! We will break record lows tonight and tomorrow night. Low 50s for lows.

Mountain View, HI

We got our share of weather yesterday afternoon. Yes the rain did arrive so did the thunderstorms. Small stream flood advisory by 1.15pm, flash flood warning at 5pm.
2.8 inches of rain in our area, a record for the day in Hilo of over 4 1/2 inches of rain. Power went out at 9.30 - 11.30pm and by this morning its all gone away.
A few light showers today but not too bad.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

A bee yoo ti full morning in Carbondale Ill! Temps lo @69* so far, sunup and no clouds to be seen.Lots of bugs tho.

Thumbnail by kittriana

They are calling for a high of 88F. It is humid right now, 81% at the house.

Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on July 15, 2014
Partly Cloudy
71 °F
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 73%
Dew Point: 62 °F
Wind: 4 mph from the East
Pressure: 29.99 in (Rising)
Pollen: 2.00 out of 12

72 for high. I'm not complaining. lol

They are calling for a high of 84F. I'm not complaining either.

Updated: 8:51 AM PDT on July 16, 2014
Overcast
69 °F
Overcast
Dew Point: 60 °F
Wind: 4 mph from the South
Pressure: 30.03 in (Rising)
UV: 1 out of 16
Pollen: 1.70 out of 12

Currently 74. Coolness pretty much over with. Started warming up today and will be back to mid 90s by middle of next week.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

72 today , 64 now ,, 50 for tonight . Long comfortable day . went past ,very fast though
Daylily .
A little cold at night , Beautiful evenings ..
Flowers like this weather , Vegies are taking it slow ,, except the greens loving it !

Thumbnail by juhur7

They are calling for a high of 81F today. I'm guessing it will be more like 84F at our house.

Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on July 17, 2014
Overcast
66 °F
Overcast
Dew Point: 57 °F
Wind: 6 mph from the SE
Pressure: 30.02 in (Rising)
Pollen: 1.50 out of 12

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

74 /55 sunny now .
humidity 50%
UV Index 10
NNW 5-10
pressure 30.13
dew point 45
pollen count, high

Mountain View, HI

Well, it hasn't really stopped raining since Monday. Mostly light misty rain with heavy bursts. Very little sun and the ground is saturated.
The rain has not stopped so far today (12.30pm). There is no wind. Just a steady rainforest type drenching.
Tropical Depression 1c formed about 1000 miles East of Hilo this morning. Impressive on the satellite view. Moving in our direction and should provide torrential rains and thunderstorms on Sunday and Monday. The system is carrying more moisture than last weeks system. Plus and upper level disturbance is also approaching from the North East to further destabilize the atmosphere.
Expecting the power to go out at some point. No electricity means no light, water or flushing being on a catchment system. Must research a new generator. I don't think our old one works anymore.

Currently 73. Tomorrow we are supposed to get back into the 80s. Depends on how fast the cool weather front moves out.

Mountain View, HI

Our tropical depression has just been upgraded to Tropical Storm Wali. Flash Flood Watch issued to start 6 pm Saturday. Still 1000 miles away but continuing on its relentless path towards us. Its wait and see time.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Luck microb. Cold here 53* on the dash. 48* w/ 82% humidity by wundergnd reckoning... cold summer, colder winter coming. Not sunup yet in the Pennsylvania western side.

Hold on tight, microb.

They are calling for a high of 83F.

Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on July 18, 2014
Clear
62 °F
Clear
Humidity: 80%
Dew Point: 56 °F
Pressure: 29.99 in (Rising)
Pollen: 1.60 out of 12

High 70s or low 80s. Not sure. lol. Still feels good though.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.