DAILY PICTURES #108

Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

Scarletbean congrats! Keep us posted on the baby cats.

Lilylove - I didn't realize Zebra Swallowtail used passionflora - is it the same plant that gulf frits use?

My baby gulf frit emerged today from under the table in my screened in porch!

And, I ordered a new spicebush from niche gardens, and they so graciously sent a baby spicebush cat on it!

:) :) :)

Thumbnail by memays Thumbnail by memays Thumbnail by memays Thumbnail by memays Thumbnail by memays
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

memays wrote " - I didn't realize Zebra Swallowtail used passionflora - ...." memays, Zebra Longwings is the accurate name, instead of "swallowtail" as I wrote above. It was my error. And yes, the Zebra Longwings use the same type of host plant as does the Gulf Frits.

I have not seen the Zebra Longwings in my area, in person. But I saw these at the botanical garden.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Oh, I meant to congrats on your Gulf frit, eclosure. Fine job! And the baby Spicbush cat. is so, so cute. It will bring you much joy watching it morph into different phases. Just you wait and see. Enjoy, and please share pix of the cat's progression.

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

Lots of Cabbage whites here and an occasional other visitor.

Comma
Eastern Tiger Swallowtail

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed
Homeworth, OH(Zone 5b)

Think we're going to have 10 eclipse today. Here are the 1st four. The one just enclosed about two minutes ago

Thumbnail by BCH521
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Great going Bruce!

Homeworth, OH(Zone 5b)

Thumbnail by BCH521
Homeworth, OH(Zone 5b)

Thumbnail by BCH521
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Truly amazing!

Homeworth, OH(Zone 5b)

Lol, looks like my spell check doesn't like the word eclose! There hopefully will remember now

Homeworth, OH(Zone 5b)

Quote from Lily_love :
Great going Bruce!

Thank you, but I have to give credit to DW. She's doing most of the work. Have another 120 we're raising currently, and lots of eggs on outside plants. Counted 20 eggs on a small patch of tropical mw, but we're out of room and time.

Homeworth, OH(Zone 5b)

Here's #7, caught it just eclosing

Thumbnail by BCH521 Thumbnail by BCH521 Thumbnail by BCH521 Thumbnail by BCH521
Homeworth, OH(Zone 5b)

8,9, and 10 all came at once. Been a good day

Thumbnail by BCH521 Thumbnail by BCH521
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

I'm at awe just as many of us of your success, and your DW's.

I can relate with the spell-check. Have you noticed voice-mail translation on certain smart phone; they can mess up our voice messages pretty badly.

Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

Wow it makes me so happy to see all those Monarchs

Portland, TX(Zone 9b)

Nice BCH!

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

Nice stuff all. We need a new thread when someone has something to post.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Wonderful BCH !!! Really nice set up there !!!^_^

Hope this years migration #'s compare ...

Mrs Ed) I agree time for a new photo and discussion thread ..

Barling, AR(Zone 7b)

juhur7, et al. , new thread # 109 at http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1372061/.

Please click on new thread so that you will automatically be included in this forum.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

While on vacation in Aruba I visited the Butterfly Garden and got these great shots. I was very impressed with the different species there, especially the Atlas Moth.

Thumbnail by floridagardner Thumbnail by floridagardner Thumbnail by floridagardner
Colima, Mexico(Zone 11)

florida gardener...lovely photos. The Daily Photo thread has moved from 108 to 109. See CA Ivy's post just above yours :-)

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Here is the new link....follow us.... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1372061/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.