SUMMER WEATHER IN YOUR GARDEN

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I guess now that it's summer, we need a new thread for it.

Summer here today is muggy and rainy and about 80 degrees.

Wyoming, MN

About the same here. It was a beautiful evening to be outside!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

We got a nice rain and tstorm last night that dropped temps and, most importantly, the humidity some. It is nice this morning, but warming up quickly!

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Humid again this morning and very overcast. Rain is predicted again today but the flowers are loving it.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

It is only 84 today at lunch with a light breeze and much lower humidity than we have been dealing with. Wished I could have just stayed home and got some things done outside. It sure beats 95++ with killer humidity...... I am certain it won't stay this way for long........

Wyoming, MN

Only upper 60's for high today and tomorrow. Beautiful weather for outdoor work

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Beautiful day this morning. It must be on the chilly side because I see a couple of daylilies having a hard time opening.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

It was 68 here this morning - wish I could have stayed home and worked although the humidity is back up because we have a chance for storms today.But, working in those temps sure beats the heck out of working in the 90s! :)

Sounds like ya'll are having wonderful weather!!

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Sunny today and going to be 81. A perfect day for my daughter's wedding today.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

OH that's right...... I forgot it was today! Congratulations!! Sounds like it will be perfect weather....and I am sure everything will be beautiful! You will have to show us pictures. We go tomorrow to a wedding as well...... It is at 2:00 pm and I am sure the temps will be higher, but it's ok. My future DIL's sister is getting married...........the sister's are from Texas and are marrying boys from our church. Everyone is pretty amazed the guys went to Africa together on a mission trip in 2011 - now they are marrying sisters............. Hope ya'll have a wonderful day!!

Genna

West St. Paul, MN

We just keep getting more rain, MORE RAIN. :( I so wish there was some way to ship some of the excess to Texas or California. Dew point is very high. The bright side is, I have my first bloom today. "Rose Masterpiece"

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

The wedding pics did not turn out good but I am glad there was a photographer so we will eventually get some good pics. It was just too dark under the gazebo and in the hall. Here are two that were not too bad. The wedding was at a golf course so you can see the bride and groom took advantage of that fact and rented a golf cart.

Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

For those of you who do facebook, here is a much better pic that someone else took.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152352200941655&set=a.429185326654.202573.519241654&type=1

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Very nice Cindy. You don't need FB when using your hyperlink.
Going up to upper eighties today. Got some rain earlier.

Wyoming, MN

A pretty strong breeze. Overall a beautiful day. I got two inches of rain yesterday.
Mid 80's here today the breeze makes it bearable.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks Mike. Now maybe I will finally have some grandchildren.

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Beautiful Pic Hem :) Congrats!

Very hot and Humid, heat advisery today (105). =/ Be into the 100s in a week. No rain in the forecast, going to be a lot of watering

Marshalltown, IA(Zone 5a)

Here in central Iowa......rain, rain, and more rain....Temps in the mid 80's.

The flowers love it.........but then, so do the weeds...:(

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks Badcat!!!

Temps mid 80's and humid. Rain expected tomorrow.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Hemlady! Beautiful Wedding Pictures! I hope you get some Grand babies soon.

It's hot and humid, normal summer weather. Lol I thought I'd share some random garden pictures.

Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily
Wyoming, MN

Very cool upper 50's for lows last night. Damp and cool this morning. Very Fall like.
Mike no flooding here by the Mississipi, but all of our lakes are higher than normal. A lot of lakes have no wake signs posted. Even the Great Lakes are high.

Gary

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Well, it is HOT here. It rained here on June 1 - and we got our 15 days of rain in June, or more, although several days it was just a sprinkle. I was really hoping it might rain yesterday so July would have hope of rain, but no such luck! LOL........ Guess we are going to be stuck with the hot, humid weather! Temps have been in the low 90s with high humidity. Think it is supposed to be pushing the upper 90s this weekend - so it will feel like July 4th weather.

We are planning a family vacation for the last week in July...... hoping my sister doesn't have to come water every day! :(

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

It is chilly here today. Only supposed to be 72. Tried to do some hybridizing but a mist is coming down right now.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Oh..... 72 sounds nice! Now they say we have a high pressure system coming thru for tomorrow and Saturday and that the humidity will be a little lower and temps slightly less - so hopefully it will be a nice weekend.

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!

North Olmsted, OH

72 sounds nice. Very hot and humid recently but no rain. It's cooler today.

Wyoming, MN

Gorgeous day here. Spent most of it outdoors.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Looks like it will be a totally delightful fourth today. Sun is shining and not a cloud in the sky. Happy Fourth everyone!!!

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Happy 4th of July everybody. Beautiful here today with the high just supposed to be about 78 and a nice breeze. A good day to grill. Kathy

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Beautiful again today. I also plan on grilling today.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

It was a nice weekend here - with temps in the low to mid 80s and lower humidity than normal. One of the nicest 4th of July weekends that I remember.....yesterday temps climbed into the 90s briefly, but not bad considering some years we are well over 100!

This weekend brought tragedy to two of my dear DG friends from the mid south forum. One lost her son around 11 pm Saturday night and the other lost her GS around 1:30 on Sunday morning. It is so very sad.............. I wondered if any of ya'll happened to know of any nice DLs with either Caleb or Cameron in the names?? I thought I might buy some fans as a memorial if I could locate something nice. Not even sure where to start looking so if you have any suggestions I would appreciate them.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Our weekend was very nice also, temps in lower 80's with a nice breeze. It has rained here all morning but now the sun is shining. We got about l/2" of rain. Could use a bit more.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I had to water pretty heavily last night....... been several days since we had rain and my soil is too sandy.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Pouring rain for 2 days now. Yesterday we got l-l/2" of rain. Probably will get close to an inch today.

Wyoming, MN

Beautiful. Mostly sunny high of 77. Rained last two days. Breezy helps keep the mosquitoes at bay.

Gary

St. Simon's Island, GA(Zone 9a)

High of 91, but only 58% humidity! and a wonderful breeze all afternoon!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Woke up to a light rain this morning.................... had to water again last night so I hope this keeps up all day!

Wyoming, MN

High of 78 low of 58. Who could ask for anything more?

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Sounds wonderful!

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Mid 70's today and partly cloudy skies. Very nice out.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Raining here today. Stopped for the moment. I was out early this morning when the rain first started taking some pics before the rain ruin the blooms. Got soaked but it was worth it.
TD, thanks for sharing those nice random pics.
Ron Wilson's Online Garden Party
Star Lane
Spacecoast Rio Verde

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.