Morning Glories 2014 #06

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1360648

Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread! Love those dark blue morning glories!

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. Jackie, you did catch the unusual light bloom on DFNM. I should have tagged it but didn't think of it.
I overslept this morning so lucky to have pictures, still mostly repeats, maybe tomorrow will have a new vine bloom.

Pretty bloom to start the new thread with Jackie.
First 2 blooms are from dark DFNM
DFNM x Keiryu
Duskie x Fuji
DFNM x Keiryu

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Linda and Helena. Helena, .Just glad you have some pretty blooms to share with us. I see I have tiny buds on my earliest planted mg's but will be a while yet.

I love your Duskie x Fuji

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

What awesome flowers. mine are not coming up like they have always done. Think I am going seed hunting

Lavina

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I agree with Jackie, that Duskie x Fuji is very special.

They are all beautiful!

Gautier, MS

Thank you everyone. I'm glad to share my enjoyment of these blooms.

DFNM had 6 blooms today, all gorgeous.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Wow! I love all the variations of that color and pattern.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda, it does make awesome blooms.

First blooms. I was checking all 16 pages of Plantfiles for this bloom from one of Emma's mixed baggies.
Possibility of being Akatsuki no Umi, Hatsu Arash, Hama no Sora, or even Yoi no Tsuki. But now I should have checked to see what leaves it has to guess which one.
Pink speckled
Last 3 blooms are from DFNM x Keiryu

DFNM is special and doesn't make a bad bloom, all gorgeous.
Love your Keiryu blooms too Helena and the cross with DFNM.
No Umi has variegated lvs and Hatsu doesn't if that helps.
Our power was out here from 130 pm till 11pm last evening. I think evertything is ruined in'my stand up freezer and fridge, freezer. What a shame. We had just bought groceries Wed and it was full of pizzas and hot wings for the kids. SMH

File a complaint with the electric company. See if they will reimburse you for all the food lost?

Gautier, MS

Jackie, that is awful thing to have your power out that long and loosing all that food. You should make a complaint to them for sure. I know I call them right away to let them know when our power goes out.

I checked the leaves Jackie and you are right, they have variegated leaves so it's Akasuki no Umi.
Had a Duskie x Fuji blooms on 2 different vines.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Linda and Helena, I called in under 5 minutes after it went out. People told us there were
trees down and power lines on down the road from us so they put us on the back burner.
Seems like I filed a complaint yrs ago and it didn't do me any good,

Helena, love the red speckled and purple speckled Duskies

That is a hard thing, being without electricity for so long, I would probably lose some fish if that happens here..
I would assess the loss and call my insurance person to see if it is covered. They replace roofs, so why not food? They replaced some plants for me one time, after baseball size hail, I had saved receipts.
Love your blooms, Helena, I saw a few variegated leaves vining outside today, so can't wait to see who is who. One whole pot out back is all Helena's seeds, One is Ronnie's and one is Jackie's, and a smaller one is Dany's so really excited. That Pandy ( both of them) is really vining now.

Debra, We were absolutely miserable, no air,no tv or computer. The hardest for me was trying to get all my pets fed in the dark, we had kerosene lanterns and candles but it was still;
slow going.
I'll check with my electric comp and Insurance comp Monday to be sure. The good news is that
the food near the bottom of the freezer with all that other food on top should be ok. If we
salvage part of it, will bring some consolation.
Glad you're pandy is going strong now. Mine is rampant on the fence with the temps so warm.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, I know how hard that is being without air conditioning. We always have little flashlights to use in the dark, I use it all the time when I take out trash in the dark. But glad you might be able to save some of the food in freezer. Hope maybe the insurance can help out.

Had more gorgeous blooms from Dark DFNM

Gautier, MS

Also DFNM x Keiryu

Love the last one purple rayed

Beautiful blooms Helena. Partial to the 1st DFNM with all that white. Love the turquoise color
of your cross and the purple rayed too.

Deleting the double post
Posted twice because my computer acted like the 1st one didn't go thru. I hate it when that happens.

This message was edited Jun 8, 2014 2:02 PM

wow those are gorgeous, Helena.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Debra.

I had a real nice bloom from Duskie x Fuji this morning.

Those are beautiful!

Gorgeous Duskie Helena but all are lovely this morning. Love the Saz too.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. I like duskie a lot too and all the others. My other seedlings seem to be taking off and need to be planted into bigger pots.

I have been waiting for Yucon, Full Moon first bloom but this morning it seems that I have a bloom that doesn't really want to open and may have damage.
3rd pink sillk
DFNM
DFNM x Keiryu was loaded with blooms

Sure hope it opens today!

Helena, beautiful blooms this morning.
I never have good luck with Yukon.

So much rain here that I'm worried about my pandy on the fence. Day after day of rain
after the solid week of rain 2 weeks ago. I've carried most of my plants back to the greenhouse.

I love your blooms Helena, and what is a Yukon?
Jackie, I would think Pandy be alright, they grow out in the middle of nowhere and get rained on a lot, right?
Well, off to hospital to welcome my new little grandaughter into the world. She should be here any minute.

Give her hugs from us!

Debra, Yukon is Helena's 1st mg pic above that didn't open completely. Should be white with yellow
bars if I recall correctly. Helena can tell us.
Hope your new g baby will be healthy and that her mom comes thru the delivery just fine.

Hi , Little Emma Sue was born at 5:10 pm and she is perfect. weighs 9lbs 10 oz and very healthy, Momma is also doing fine. Thanks. ;)

OOH big baby, :-)

Gautier, MS

Congrats on your grandbaby Debra!!! Glad mom is doing good too.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=6140995
This is what Ip. nil Full Moon is supposed to look like. The blooms on mine seem a little too tight. Hopefully it will open up.

It rained yesterday into evening so I didn't bother to check the bloom again, was discouraged.

A few blooms today.

Love that last bloom Helena, but all are pretty. Sounds like you're
getting as much rain there as we are. Just sick of it already, wading thru mud here.

we have rain on the way, most of all I am scared of the 70 mph winds coming with it. That number 4 bloom is really special, Helena.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Debra.

Jackie, look what your Saz lilac purple made today, a all white with pink ring in center. Sometimes it's a just a surprise not knowing what the vines will make.
Second bloom is another vine from your Saz, really nice bloom.
Pink silk light and dark (different vines) and DFNM continuing making neat light blooms.

Helena, very pretty. The 1st Saz is beautiful in white
I wonder if Pink silk was created from Choc silk or
Rose silk. Yours does not have the same pattern as mine from last summer. Is your bloom from one of my seeds?? Here's one of my Pink silk blooms from last summer.

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

I like your pretty bloom Jackie.

I may have mistakenly renamed that light chocolate as pink silk. It's so hard to keep up with all the old names and so many new ones too. I really don't care much about names anymore, but it's just for keeping track of which seed is which for future growing.

I do like to grow the real pink silk again as soon as I find those seeds.

pretty blooms. Keep them coming, I like to drool LOL
Happy Birthday Linda !!!

I hope you find your Pink Silk seeds Helena. Your Lite Choc silk and Rose Silk are both lovely.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.