June Weather Weddings, Picinics & more.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

rain this morning 62 F
humidity 95%
Wind 3 MPH ,
Nice but the mosquitoes are enjoying it also ..

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

They are calling for a high of 92F today, downgraded from 95F. It is cloudy out right now but it won't rain. It is just June cloudiness in from the ocean which some people call June Gloom. I call it a blessing.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)

Almost the same as johur, but just for the morning.

Updated: 6:28 AM PDT on June 08, 2014
Overcast
59 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 55 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 29.81 in (Rising)
Visibility: 4.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 3.30 out of 12

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Cloudy cool 65 degrees here now ,
rained this morning .
76 their saying for a high today ,

Thumbnail by juhur7
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

77 for high and cloudy til this afternoon. Felt great!!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

60°/79°/59°
Rest Of Today...Mostly sunny. East wind 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight...Mostly cloudy. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph.

We still have gnats, but no mosquitos.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Weekend was hot, up to 94 each day, then heavy late afternoon thunderstorms, wind was pretty gusty in yesterday's afternoon storm, cleaned dead branches out of the trees. Today a bit cooler is predicted, only a high of 91° ☺

Billyporter, I have lots of extra skeeters I can send your way ;-)

They are calling for a high of 95F today. It will probably happen since it wasn't overcast this morning.

Updated: 9:51 AM PDT on June 09, 2014
Clear
72 °F
Clear
Humidity: 61%
Dew Point: 58 °F
Pressure: 29.79 in (Falling)
Visibility: 8.0 miles
UV: 7 out of 16
Pollen: 4.30 out of 12

Currently 65 and I'm loving it!! lol. Raining again also. Will rain throughout the night.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Well if were all planning a mosquito and Knat trade , I have lots of mosquitoes , all colors and sizes .. Do June Bugs , Moths , and Mayflies do anything for any one ? lol ^_^

78 was the high
72 now ,
68 and rain forecast for tonight , I planted some more mustard anticipating .

Oh goodness I forgot .. Hey sunkissed , I could throw in a wooden pot of Tree Ants And Pillbugs if you have any of the Floridian Giant Flying Roaches !!!

This message was edited Jun 9, 2014 9:27 PM

FU, United States(Zone 9b)

Juhur7, yeah could trade you our ants, tiny and large roaches for your moths, LOL. --- Need to get rid of some of these many Mahogany wasps too. Not sure what Mayflies are though.

Been about 90-94 degrees during daytime this week (this why I'm a "cloudy day lover", to deal with less burning sun), little to no rain, so need to carry jugs of water around to water the plants every evening, mostly the small plants.
Night time temps not cooling off much.
Where's the rain? :[

Juhur, I'll take some mayflies. I haven't seen any in a while. Mayflies make me pause to think. They only live one day and they spend it hanging on my screen door. There is some lesson to be learned from this.

They are calling for a high of 82F today. After the 90s, I'll take it, though I prefer the temperature stays in the 70s. I probably won't see highs in the 70s until October or November. It is cloudy this morning. That keeps the temperature down.

I don't know why they call it haze. It's overcast.
Updated: 7:51 AM PDT on June 10, 2014
Haze
65 °F
Haze
Humidity: 75%
Dew Point: 57 °F
Pressure: 29.78 in (Rising)
Visibility: 4.0 miles
UV: 1 out of 16
Pollen: 3.10 out of 12

Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

rained this morning , has been cloudy all day
cooler for heading into early summer so far.
74 degrees that is the high so far
wind at 12 thru 20 mph

Kelli . would be nice if mosquitoes did that a few weeks a year and the disappeared ..nice thing about the wind on days like this , none to be found flying around

Currently 63. Feels goooood!!! Still some drizzle here and there but rain is mostly done for a day or two.

Mountain View, HI

No posting, because no weather, nothing to report.

Showers over night, cloud clears and sun comes out about early to mid morning, cloud returns late afternoon and showers start again. Gently to moderate trade winds, mid 70's.

Day after day for at least the next 7 days. OK so some days are sunnier than others but its basically the same.

Cloudier and wetter where we are 2200 ft level windward side of the Big Island

Sunnier and much hotter in Honolulu around Waikiki cause that's were the tourists are.

No traffic on our roads, gridlock on the roads around Honolulu

You pick were you would rather be!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

60°/79°/61°
Today...Mostly cloudy until late afternoon then becoming mostly sunny. A 30 percent chance of showers in the morning. North wind 10 to 15 mph.
Tonight...Partly cloudy. Patchy fog after midnight. East wind around 5 mph shifting to the southwest after midnight.

Sunkissed,
Awww thanks, but I couldn't take your skeeters, LOL!

Ju,
No no, I don't see any bugs on your list that do it for me :o)

Hi Love!
ROTFL over the nasty critters every one has for trade. I feel humbled by my stable fly, even tho their bite really hurts! And my pesky gnats.

Kelli,
Mayflies remind me of going to my cousin's house when I was a kid. They lived near the Mississippi and it was fascinating to see them swarm the street lights.

Mike,
And that's why people think Hawaii would be the perfect place to live :o)

A bit of rain this morning, and with yesterday's rain..... we barely have 2/10''. But that's ok. The ground is wet. We sowed grass seed and laid sod earlier. It's all growing well. Last winter really killed out some of our grass.

Have a great day all!

Same old report here, mid 70's climbing to mid 90's till the afternoon thunderstorms from the West and East sea breezes meet up. At least they cool us down a good 15 degrees for the evenings.

I have to admit I had to look up what a Mayfly was, guess we don't have them down here. We do have Love Bugs twice a year, make a mess out of the windshields on cars, I think that is their only purpose, beside mating with each other, hence the name Love Bugs. They stay connected even after they smash on your windshield, the other poor mate just dangling in the wind. ☺

The flying roaches aka: Palmetto bugs or American cockroach are abundant down here but my cats take care of them if they ever get into the house, or my flip flops, the further south in FL you go the bigger they are.

Mike do you have mosquitoes in HI?

They are calling for a high of 81F

Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on June 11, 2014
Overcast
62 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 80%
Dew Point: 56 °F
Pressure: 29.88 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 3.00 out of 12

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

You guys say mayfly and I see damselflys...shake head. Allentown, Pa rainin and cool.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Rain last night , rain today , parking lots , some roads flooded .
Waterfalls rolling waves off the house , foot of water in the neighbors yard next door , coming this way
68 degrees now .

High of 80. Sunshine off and on. Feels good!!

I am in San Diego. It is currently 66°. They are calling for a high of 73°F. That sounds just right.

66 currently. Feels great!!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

75 now high of 81
rain earlier ,
Sunny now
Wind is 12 mph feels delightful

Sunkissed, LOL, you are hilarious, love it :]
Yeah, them poor Lovebugs, flying everywhere to only wind up on your windshield (they're harmless and but not very smart).

And the Palmetto cockroaches, very abundant at times. So far this year I'm doing good, they haven't bothered me much. Helps when the yard gets sprayed I guess, and when I take the garbage cans outside to the road every week for the garbage trucks to empty :]

This message was edited Jun 12, 2014 6:34 PM

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Chester NY, 70*, havent seen the sun in 2.5days- no different than Allentown, Pa- drizzles off and on and not much breeze, grasses are growin and everything is damp.

Mountain View, HI

Sunkissed - yes a few mosquitos - Not really a big problem unless we get really calm weather, otherwise the tradewinds seem to keep them on the move.
Occassional yellow jackets, a few carpenter bees but nothing really hazardous. nothing poisonous, no snakes, we have a large cane spider but difficult to find, the usual house flies, dragonflies, no hummingbirds, no monkeys

--- Guess I should also say, am glad we have had no bears, panthers or pythons around. That is a good day, or night :]

Gosh HI sounds wonderful, I'm surprised no snakes, but I would miss the hummers. Guess no one escapes the gosh darn flies. We have Monkeys in Ocala, FL near Silver Springs, rumor is they escaped from a Tarzan movie being filmed many decades ago and continue to live there today. I hear them when kayaking the river but haven't seen one.

LovesForest those Palmetto bugs like my plant pot graveyard probably because it is next to my compost pile. We've actually had some black bear reports in our neighborhood recently, babies raiding bird feeders. No pythons, thank goodness because I'm sure I'd have a heart attack if I saw one.☺

I am back home. They are calling for a high of 87F today. It's a lot hotter here than in San Diego because here we get very little influence from the cold ocean. (The ocean here is much colder than on the East Coast. The current comes from Alaska. Because of the cold ocean, we do not get hurricanes.)

Sunkissed, .. Baby Bears like bird feeders??? Do they actually like eating seeds?
Pythons... becoming an epidemic in south and east Florida. I just don't want them biting onto a cat or little doggy around here is all.
If I ever saw one here, I would just photograph it then call the Snake Catchers to come and get it.

Currently 81 and breezy. Storms coming in overnight.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Rain most of the day yesterday. Still raining now. 1.7" so far.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sunny warm days cool nights here . High 80's low 60's
Windy this morning
Have a nice family holiday Sunday all of you

They are calling for a high of 83F today. That is o.k. but as warm as it needs to get. The sun is so strong it makes the house hot even with the blinds closed. To be perfectly fair, I also must admit that the t.v. makes the family room hot.

Updated: 8:17 AM PDT on June 15, 2014
Scattered Clouds
66 °F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 68%
Dew Point: 55 °F
Wind: 4 mph Variable
Pressure: 29.86 in (Rising)
Visibility: 9.0 miles
UV: 2 out of 16
Pollen: 3.60 out of 12

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Sun is trying to shine.
rain finally stopped at 2.2" total.
Very welcome on our sand.
Our son who lives 17 miles from us recd. 3.5" for a total on his sand.

We sure could use some rain but it isn't the rainy season so we water. The farms all have to water, too, so your California produce is all irrigated.

76 and humid. Cloudy again too. Had storms overnight into this morning and are under a risk for more tonight.

Got grill going and am looking forwards to some grilled chicken!!

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Rockford, Ill. Finally sitting still, sigh. Ill has had a hard south wind blowing but that has dropped from 25mph to 8mph. Hot today 84* with a few clouds but no rain. Humidity abt 68% still. A beautiful Fathers Day if you are used to the winds...

We got caught in a good thunder and lightning storm while kayaking on Saturday afternoon, Sunday the storms went around us but made a nice evening for sitting outside. I think it is the first night all week we didn't get rained on.

Up to 89° today and a chance of the thunderstorms again.

Happy Belated Father's Day to all the Dads out there.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

81°/87°/71°
Today:
Becoming partly cloudy with isolated thunderstorms developing this afternoon. Winds SSE at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
Tonight:
Variable clouds with scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly late. A few storms may be severe. Winds S at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

Kelli,
We're getting the heat today. My shades are closed too!

Maxine,
NICE rain!

Pepper,
You got the rain we didn't get. Grilled chicken, oh, I like that almost more than steak, drool.....

Kitt,
You weren't too far from me in Rockford, ILL.

Sunkissed,
Yikes on the kayak storm!!

We finally slept with every door and window open last night. First time this year and June is half over. Crazy weather!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.