June Weather Weddings, Picinics & more.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Everything is growing with timely rain.
64º
Overcast, a occasional clap of thunder & rain drops falling.

Nice way to welcome June.

Wrote this at 7:30 AM. Then internet was down until now.

Still raining & we love it!

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

I'm jealous of the rain. ;-)

Mountain View, HI

Starting June with cloudy skies and light showers, 70f at 6.20am

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Still no rain , chances all the time ,
80's near 90 lots of sun ,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Feels like a huge dragon breathing its hot heavy breath at us- watched lightning dance in the thunderheads south of me all night.
Houston Tx 83* - 69% humidity No breezes.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

83 and sunny. Storms in KS moving this way but won't be much more than a quick noisemaker when it hits late tonight.

Pix 1 is looking south from a porch at Bothwell Lodge.

Pix 2 is looking west from same porch with the view framed by the pillars and railings.

Pix 3 says come and sit a spell and watch the rain pick and choose who gets it.

Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23 Thumbnail by pepper23

We had a small earthquake yesterday, but that isn't weather.

They are calling for a high of 85F today.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 8:51 AM PDT on June 02, 2014
Clear
67 °F
Clear
Humidity: 59%
Dew Point: 52 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 29.86 in (Steady)
Visibility: 9.0 miles
UV: 4 out of 16
Pollen: 4.20 out of 12

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

92 was our high yesterday , cooler today , cloudy like rain , but not much of that still ,

Mid 80's forecast .
windy , like storms ,
humidity high
pollen count , high
How's this for a colloquial weather report .. Science techs , feel free to protest ,,lol

It kept drizzling since late yesterday afternoon , been doing the same all day today , so I decided to go out and water plants and grandma and the girls decided to go hve look and walk in a local park ,,
well sure enough just after either of us beginning that ,, It is pouring down .. Oh goodie ... Rain ....^_^

Made it to 81 F
74 F rain and temperature falling ,,, NICE !!!

This message was edited Jun 2, 2014 6:17 PM

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Hmmm, quakes can make your weather interestin tho. glad you ok. saw 95* today humidity is still 68-70% and the breezes aren't enough. heading for the a/c..

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Bernie, how much rain did you receive out of that last storm?
We recd. 2" plus 9/10", so our sand should be well watered for at least a day.
Very strong wind yesterday, so imagine some got sucked up into the atmosphere.
Grass is really growing, have never seen it that green before on our sand.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We got 1.3", but it was over 24 hours so soaked in. Everything looks great.
Yes wind yesterday was terrible. Glad our watermelons & muskmelons were still under tunnels.

Most of our things are in. Still have some hot peppers to set out & all the field tomatoes.
Greenhouse tomatoes are setting fruit.

Sunny & 59º.

They are calling for a high of 88 degrees which is way above normal. June is supposed to be cloudy (without rain). It's a phenomenon known as Catalina Eddy. The colloquial names are May Gray and June Gloom. Local weather guys hate it because it isn't 85F and sunny. I appreciate it because every Catalina Eddy day is one less day over 85F. They'll be plenty of time for hot and sunny later. So far, no June Gloom so far this year and very little May Gray. This whole year has been hotter than normal.

It does cool down at night, as you see in my morning postings. I go to bed using only a sheet but through the night I always have to put on a blanket.

Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on June 03, 2014
Clear
59 °F
Clear
Humidity: 75%
Dew Point: 51 °F
Pressure: 29.89 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 1 out of 16
Pollen: 4.30 out of 12

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Not bad today, 68 this morning, so I sat outside for my coffee. Only briefly hit 80, pretty much cloudy all day but no rain.

pepper I think those rockers look quite inviting, nice view.

Oh and Kelli I do remember the cool nights, back then always had the windows open since we didn't have AC. Eventually in the mid 70's, Dad put an AC Box in the living room, it became the most popular room in the house. ☺

Sunkissed, where did you live that you were able to survive for a while without air conditioning?

87, becoming cloudy and breezy but still muggy as heck. Nebraska, Iowa and northern Missouri getting hit ith severe storms.

Front of Bothwell Lodge.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Nice looking place ,, a bit of relaxing
87 here yesterday also
raining cats and dogs today after a few minutes of sunshine this morning .
Beautiful last evening , until the mosquitoes came ..

I haven't seen any mosquitos this year. One good thing about a drought.

They are calling for a high of 89F today, which means it will most likely be over 90F at my house.

Updated: 8:51 AM PDT on June 04, 2014
Clear
69 °F
Clear
Humidity: 45%
Dew Point: 47 °F
Pressure: 29.85 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 4 out of 16
Pollen: 3.70 out of 12

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Kelli, want some of ours, mosquitoes
that is?

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

We cant grow enough pollywogs and hummers to slow the skeeters down, humidity is so high the things are growing in the grass as the pollywogs have the mudpuddles tended well. Hot, wet, more hot, and more humidity. Lets see, I wanted to be home why?

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Kitt So you can have close up , live views of you home Flowers , Home Sweet Home ^_^

Maxine, no, you can keep the mosquitoes. If you have any extra rain I'll take that.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Sorry, you are on your own for the rain. I imagine that comes July we will be hot and dry like the last four yrs.

Kittriana, what is the name of your lily?
One of my favorite flowers.

78 currently and cloudy. Feels decent even though humidity is still on the high side.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

62 and falling here
thundershowers earlier
feel a little cold after the 90"s
Still feels better than Zero ,, lol I'm not over it .. still ..

62F sounds great. So do thunderstorms. We get at most one tiny thunderstorm a year, not at all like the strong storms you get in the Midwest.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I like dry Kelli . but I don't think I would like it that dry !
Would also send you a few of these storms if it was possible , Only then you might find out you would not like them either ..
Besides , You still get Cacti Flowers .. we don't ! well prickly pears ! lol

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Hot. not a lily Maxine. Crinum Amaryllis. passalong multiplier. I have 4 different ones since the White spider lilies got rotted over time. I think it may be a Milk n Wine variety, but? 93* all day, cooled as I hit Ks, much drier air!!!

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Thanks for the info on the flower that I mislabeled. I have never seen one of these in person.
Have a good trip.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

60°/81°/61°
Rest Of Today...Mostly cloudy early in the morning then becoming mostly sunny. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight...Mostly clear. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph.

I'm late on the comments, but I was suprised at some of the high temp records I posted. Sorry I didn't straighten the columns up first.

Kelli,
I think quakes and volvcano eruptions count as weather. They affect your day :o)

Bernie,
I hope you have a good Market this year.

We were lucky and missed the strong storm that crossed the plains earlier this week.

It's been busy and I am sleeping in now that it's still daylight till almost 9:00 pm.

Have a great Friday!

71°/94° sunny with afternoon thunderstorms, humidity and temperatures had been lower than normal but they say winds will come from the south next few days and raise both...FUN.

Kelli, I don't know how old you are but it was pretty common in the late 60's and early 70's for no AC. Why even my HS added the first AC building in 72' and we were excited if we had classes in the Air Conditioned building, but there were five buildings with no AC. My husband said his HS here in FL didn't have AC when he was in HS either, I think he graduated in 69'....now that I can't even imagine with the humidity here.
Now they cancel school if the AC breaks down for a day.☺

I lived in Sunnymead, I think it is called Moreno City now.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

A/C was a wet rag on your head, around your throat, in the window...I think I read somewhere that Texas was the first state to wholly convert to consumer electricity and ac when it came in. We said Give it HERE!
Kansas by Emporia and I am looking at a San Francisco fog outside. No rain, and a nice cool temp. Will wave this afternoon when I pass thru I35in Ia and Mn again today. Take care everyone

Sunkissed, I grew up in PA in the '60s, '70s and '80s and at that time, only 'rich' people had air conditioning. However, nowdays everybody has it. I cannot imagine living out here in CA without air conditioning, especially when we get days over 90 and 100F. When I first moved out here (1987), there were still some schools that didn't have air conditioning, but I think they all have it now. I heard that the house on this street were built without air conditioning (1960s) but most people put it in right away. I doubt anyone around here goes without now.

Today will be about the same as yesterday, which was about the same as the day before, etc. There isn't much change in the summer weather. It's just hot or very hot. Today they are calling for a high of 86F. It will probably be a couple degrees hotter at my house. We're on the south side of a hill.

Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on June 06, 2014
Haze
59 °F
Haze
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 54 °F
Wind: 4 mph from the East
Pressure: 29.81 in (Rising)
Visibility: 6.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 3.30 out of 12

Currently 75 and humid. Storms are expected to pop up overnight and rain all morning if not all day tomorrow.

They are calling for a high of 85F today. Right now it is a bit overcast. In a 'normal' year we get a lot of overcast in June and it is called June Gloom. This is not a 'normal' year so this is the first June Gloom day we've had. Though it is gloomy, it is also a blessing. It keeps things cooler, at least until the clouds burn off.

Updated: 7:51 AM PDT on June 07, 2014
Haze
60 °F
Haze
Humidity: 80%
Dew Point: 54 °F
Wind: 5 mph from the SSE
Pressure: 29.83 in (Rising)
Visibility: 5.0 miles
UV: 1 out of 16
Pollen: 3.30 out of 12

75 currently and not raining. lol. Started raining early this morning and didn't quit til around noon. Got at least an inch of rain from the system. More tomorrow night and Monday.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Same is suppose to come through here beginning about 2 Am (see Above)
Winter like zone 5 Summer like 6&7 ,,
76 F
2mph Wind
Humidity 47%
nice evening

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Rain today. .9 here, .7 at our other farm.
Rain most of morning at market. Still did fairly well.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Started cool and nice- I got the truck washed and clean, and promptly hit rain Lake Station, Ind tonite, dry so far, 73* and dropping.

FU, United States(Zone 9b)

In southwest Florida, it is still dry & getting humid, (kinda unusual for this area for June).

If it does not start to rain a tiny bit, every other day, (the plants will burn in the sun), and I will hope to win the lottery in hopes to get an "in-ground watering system" one day :]

Will never happen, but can dream though :]

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.