Raise My Baby- The Parade of Strollers (pt 3)

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

ladies, please bring your pictures over here in the new nursery.

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

how come everytime we get going you start yellin "CHANGE IT! CHANGE IT!?!?!" Going to bring you a new planter!!!

Thumbnail by badcat
Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Love the planter, I want one.
Here is my brat and it's companion

Thumbnail by jordankittyjo Thumbnail by jordankittyjo
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Kathy I have one in the back yard, come and get it!

This is my Emperor Japanese maple.

Thumbnail by taters55
Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

I'll have one soon enough. We have to replace one of ours, cuz I don't like it.

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

you donna want that planter its olive green and leaks!! lol Heres Bad Baby, its making a come back

Thumbnail by badcat
Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Looking good.

Ocean Springs, MS

Lovin' all your babies! Colt, bad Colt, came and got Liam so they could go to a high school graduation! Really.... make a 5-year-old sit through that when Liam could have stayed with me! Hope my baby from this swap isn't bad like Colt!

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

big sis, why ya not like ya jm? then send it here to jax's home for the abandoned plants!

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

jordankittyjo (Kathy).....

1. pix above, Veronica spicata 'Sight Seeing', blue, 28" ht X 30" wide, sun, blooms lt spring til frost (if deadheaded)... Please on this one.....I grew it from seed about 5 years ago, maybe 4. I hope you enjoy, it's one of my all time favorites... I love the blue and it's height.....It's the tallest of all the Veronicas. It's great cut or deahead as blooms start to get past prime. I've found the trick with this one is to cut the stem low (above first or second node). This will give you one flower per stem and a much larger and longer bloom. If you deadhead just below the bloom, you will get a shorter second bloom and a bunch of smaller blooms (almost like a candelabra effect, only problem is with this method is the center blooms first and then the surrounding florets, so the center has to be pinched out and the center of the flower is gone.. You could try a few stems one way and then try the other method on the opposite side of the plant.. Personally I love using them in the vase. And if you keep up deadheading it will infact bloom til frost. So you got one of my babies.....

Pix 2 is a Dwarf German Iris, another favorite. It's one of the first flowers that begin blooming in the spring. And if your not objectional to bending over on your knees and getting a whiff of it's absolutely wonderful fragrance!!!!! That's why I tried to include one that had a bloom......(most were lost to a late snow (6 1/2" of snow on Mother's Day)).

My pix
1&4. Centaurea montana 'Amethyst in Snow', 18-24" ht X 24-36" wdth. Again one grown from seed. This one is also a long season bloomer one of the first to open in spring. and continues to frost. Again deadheading is important to keep it blooming. Pinch off blooms or cut for the vase. If it begins looking ratty in mid to late summer give it a haircut to new growth, (almost flush with the ground)with enough time to bloom before frost (it will need several weeks to get to blooming ht. ) This one is not only prolithic in bloom but also reseeds if allowed. It's as easy as throwing a spent bloom on the ground beneath the plant and you'll end up with babies too...

2. Veronica spicata 'Sight Seeing , Blue (description is above)

3. Scabiosa ochcroleuca, this one is also a long season of bloom. Late spring til frost.. This also reseeds if allowed....spent flowers on the ground. The stems are long and I D.H. into the leaves but will contiue to bloom even if you don't cut the spent one. Color is light lemon yellow fading to white, also great sut.. 24"ht X 24-30" wd

5. Physostegia virginiana, to 48" ht X 36+" wide. This one can reseed and spreads by stolins but easy to dig, doesn't really form a clup but individual plants. . Again a seed grown plant. Blooms mid-lt summer. The uniqueness of this plant lies in the fact you can reposition the flowers on the stem itself, every one.... When it begins to bloom give it a try..hence it's common name of 'Obedient Plant'. Not sure if I sent the pink or the white though.....

(One thing about those that reseed, it's make a great way to increase your plants for the garden or for trading..... Most babies are big enough in the spring of their second year to trade...)

This message was edited May 27, 2014 11:14 PM

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Pix
1. Gypsophila repens (included), and on the right is Caliroe (not included), low rock garden type plant. Bloom for you will probably be spring, here at 6900 feet it blooms all summer. Maybe 4-5" ht X 12-18" wd but also reseeds making a wonderful little patch.

2. Dianthus deltoides 'Zing", 6" creeper, reseeding to make a patch, though not aggressive and plays very nicely with others. It is the perfect groundcover other than the fact it only blooms in late spring, Cerise-scarlet in color. this plant is located in the back of the clump of Centaureas, again seed grown.

3. Iris g. dwarf....one of the first of the Geman Bearded to bloom.

I'm going to take a guess that the worst of the babies is the Centaurea... When it gets a bit parched it throws a tantrum and gets wilty...even in the garden..some consider it to be a n indicator plant. When it starts to get wilty looking it usually means it 's time to water the garden. If you need give that haircut descibed above and it will look great in no time. So there ya are...all your babies other than the Iris were grown from seed by me.....so 'Raise my Baby' seems very appropriate....Enjoy!!!! Kathy

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

well then I shall call my baby Ronnie-Jo. She will grow up to be a very special and well behaved daughter. Might even go to college. I have a babysitter for her, I will put with her later.

WOW, those are some nice plants!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

morning linda

Morning Kathy! What are you doing today?
I think I need more coffee!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Going shopping for red,white, and blue stuffs. then I have to go to church at4 and cook before service. seriously thinking bout cleaning today. haven't cleaned since Monday. what are you up to today?

Sewing for the red white and blue swap. Almost done!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

my box is almost full, but any excuse to go shopping....

I heard that! Have fun!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

I will!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

ok, Ronnie has a body guard with a spot light to keep here safe at nite. she is starting to get buds

Thumbnail by jordankittyjo Thumbnail by jordankittyjo Thumbnail by jordankittyjo
Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

the yellow daylillie is happy. she is ronnies play date

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

you dint give it nuff shine

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

I drank the shine

Ocean Springs, MS

Gimme some shine! I'm so busy packing and moving stuff for the addition that I really, really, need it! They are tearing down the wall tomorrow! Won't be pretty, but will be so worth it in the long run!
Just to let my swap buddy know, I will be leaving for vacation June 5 and will not be home until June 13. If you mail my baby, please make sure it gets here before or on June 4. If not mailing before then, please do not mail until after June 13. Thanks, Julie

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Ill give ya some shine Julie but you get handcuffs wit it..

Love those plants, and that light is so cute!

Sounds like your looking forward to your vacation Julie. Make sure you take your camera and extra batteries!

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

My boy still isn't looking good; I'm hoping he's playing underground. His guards and playmate are well though. Still too embarrassed to post picture, pore lil guy. I don't think the poop soup actually had much poop in it, and it was the best I could find within scooter distance.

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Oops, meant to say I hope you enjoy the h@ll out of your vacation, Julie, and come back to a paradise!

Ocean Springs, MS

I do plan on enjoying my vacation, and thank you so much for the well wishes!

We are going to Clarksville, TN, first to pick up liam, then headed to Gatlinburg. Staying in a cabin there for 3 days! We will be going to Wonderworks, the Aquarium, and then a couple of side trips for ME!

Badcat, send me those handcuffs! I'll use them on the kids if they give me any trouble! LOL

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

hahaha! Hope you have a great time Julie!

Julie, do you know siliolegma/Karen? She is in Tennessee right now visiting her family.

Ocean Springs, MS

I've seen her on the forums, but don't know her personally. I am trying to get together with Cville because she lives near Colt.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

somehow I did not know we had a new thread. Seems like I am getting lost again. I will try to make some pictures

She is in Maryville. She is there visiting family for a few more days then she is back home to Michigan!

Hope you get to meet up with Cville!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Remember mama's, the judge is always watching us, so beat your babies daily.

Ocean Springs, MS

Cain't beat my baby till it gits here!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

You should be getting it soon, Julie.
Here stork!

Ocean Springs, MS

YAY! I feel like all the other babies are growing so fast! Gonna have to feed mine real good to catch up with the others! LOL

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Just feed her lots of vodka and drains. It will take care of it for you.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.