Your neck of the Woods Part 9 Easter Bonnet

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

When I read my letter (here in front of me), I see a section for "partial excusals". It says that

"Jurors may request excusal for specific days for doctor's appointments, vacation, or other valid reasons. Please submit your request in writing to the Jury Commissioner's office no later than two weeks prior to your date of service. You MUST INCLUDE VERIFICATION...." (their underlining and their bold print).

I don't mean to be a meanie here but, I wonder if all the notifications are the same in all counties throughout the state.. and if all protocols were followed in this girls case? Bureaucrats can be such sticklers for following protocols and procedures. =(

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

A month? Was it federal district court? I understand that's the way they do it. No reporting in, just call, some are even automated, put in your #and volia, they tell you to report, where, and when.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I spent all morning at my GS's school doing a presentation on SCUBA Diving. It was a lot of fun and the kids really enjoyed it. I brought all my gear in and put it together and explained what each piece did and how it worked. Then their teacher put it on. I also had a table full of interesting shells, coral, sharks teeth and other ocean things plus my fish, coral and ocean creature books that they really enjoyed. Top it all off with a video of a group of divers on a dive. Whole thing came off very well.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Wonderful opportunity Holly!! Can you come to my library and do it again? hee hee

That sounds like a really fun day Holly, wish I could have been there to enjoy it. :)

Just our local district court, Ric, nothing special. And yeah, a whole month. This should prove to be interesting. =/

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

Very cool, Holly! And I had no idea that underneath that gardening exterior was a scuba diver! :-)

Speedie, sorry to hear about the month-long series of phonecalls!! Hope every day it's 'no' for you! ;-)

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

It was a lot of fun.

Catmint- one of the first, probably THE first, picture I ever saw of Holly, 2006? 2007?, here, was when she put on her wetsuit to get some storm blown something out of their pool. I bet she remembers that.

LOL! Holly you should have painted some kelp and coral on the bottom of the pool just to make it worthwhile! :-)

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Yes I do and that water was really cold. Had something to do with the hot tub cover. I think there was a piece of metal fencing on top of the cover that I had to go in after. Couldn't get it out without damaging the pool from the deck so I suited up and in I went. I've been diving for about 20 years or so. Spent several years volunteering at the Aquarium in Camden. Very nice Aquarium look up Adventure Aquarium and check out the Shark Realm I use to get into that tank every two weeks to clean the windows and 40 walk thru tunnel. I think there were about 26-28 sharks in that tank at the time.

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

That's a really cool way to volunteer and keep your scuba skills and certification up at the same time, Holly. I used to go scuba diving, but think the last time I went was about 14 years ago.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

She only went to collect the shark teeth to impress the grand children. LOL Just driving to Camden and back every 2 weeks would surly bring out the road rage in a lot of people, Holly did it with grace. I know, I drove truck in NJ, I had a bumper sticker that said " Pray for me I drive Route 31". When I start into a "rotaray"or a "round about", I have to remember I'm not in Jersey, where the fastest, biggest, and most aggressive, come out ahead of a traffic circle intact, literally. As for my first drive to Philly as a teen, My uncle (the bus driver) in shotgun, going down the "Surekill" kept saying watch, finally I found us going from 60 to 0, it seemed to be 10'. I kept that in mind after moving to NJ.

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

I bet they were very impressed!

I'm glad the bus had good brakes.

Heeheee, she should pop those shark teeth into her mouth and ROAR at the kids.. LOL!!! ... OK, maybe not. ;) heeheeheeee Man, that round about sounds like serious NO-FUN! Those things, generally speaking, aren't any fun anyway in this country.

Big massive changes in the greenhouse of late at work. TONS of hanging baskets, annuals and tropicals. Sure looks a lot different than it used to!!

1: Looking in through the back door.

2: Standing halfway in, still looking straight ahead. (the halfway point are those 2 brick walls on either side.. from previous pics)

3: Looking left from the mid-point, the brick wall with the little pot people sitting on it. Cute, aren't they? =)

4: At the very end... a new way to spruce up the boring spot between the 2 doors. That door on the right, which leads to the outside, is new.

5: From this view, (side of the place), you can barely see the metal frame of the double-wide door in the side of the greenhouse.

...more to come! :)

Thumbnail by speediebean Thumbnail by speediebean Thumbnail by speediebean Thumbnail by speediebean Thumbnail by speediebean

1: Remember that horrid Crape Murder from last year? Well, it's finally just starting to put out new life now. Sure not gonna look like "anything" until next year.. pathetic!

2: A shot of the platforms at the front of the store - side-angle view. Sally, it's a bit fuller than when you were there, huh? ;)

3: Directly across from the last photo, the pergola, terra cotta, and assorted tropicals.

4: Standing under the pergola and looking right, there's a pathway that goes around the landscaping/water feature. The Salvias are sure happy this year! :)

5: Again, standing under the pergola, this is a shot facing the front of the store. It's a beautiful joy working here! :)

Thumbnail by speediebean Thumbnail by speediebean Thumbnail by speediebean Thumbnail by speediebean Thumbnail by speediebean

Speedie, it looks like such an inviting space--makes me want to come for a visit! :-)

That poor crape myrtle! Amazing it survived... :-o

Well, you already know that I would LOVE it if you could come and visit! < =D ANY time... except on Sunday. :)

Speedie, what a transformation!

How wonderful to be surrounded by beauty all day long. :)

Gorgeous!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Speedie---I am speechless!!!!!!
What a gorgeous place! I cannot imagine anyone driving by NOT stopping in!

It looks like a million dollar place--just GORGEOUS!!!

Did you and Bossman do all this?
Are there other workers? How many?
I hope you are NOT the only one responsible for watering and caring for
all these plants.

You always posted how you were renewing this place--and now--ALL this!
IF this is all your creativity --you ARE a gem!

I would drive to see you--hope we can get a group drive together some time this summer.

Gita

Great idea, Gita! I would love to join in a group field trip! :-)

Goodness you guys, thank you! < =D Oh gosh no, it wasn't ME!!! Well, from time to time I play a tiny part in what should be put where, but 75% of it is this real GEM Nick, a co-worker. The kid is a GENIUS!!!!! When it comes to placements and arrangements, this kid is just phenomenal! The rest of the time it's Jesse, who also comes up with cool ideas for group plantings (like around the outside of the new greenhouse door). He's one VERY sharp cookie. They both are HARD-WORKING smart guys, it's a joy to work with them. Then there's Ti (pronounced 'tie') - another HARD-WORKING kid who's always rarin' to go. They're all FABULOUS!!!!!! All I get to do is order the toys that they play with. ( we ladies aren't allowed to do 'heavy' work) ;)

Yes, please come visit me!!!!!!! < =D

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Speedie, It's hard to find good help, willing to work, and with a natural sense of arrangement and the"eye" for it. Keep them happy and well paid, a well placed dinner out, or gas card are really appreciated for great sales and is always seen as a bonus.

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

Love the look of your work place, Speedie!! Even better is that the 2 guys that you need to see each day are a joy to work with. So nice that you can look forward to going in every day.

Ric, you're right, it truly is hard to find good-attitude proper workers anymore, we are truly blessed with these three, they are all top of their class! =) And trust me when I say, Bossman knows how to make sure his employees know they are appreciated, he takes EXCELLENT care of us!! There's not a day we go home that we're not thankful that we were able to give it our all for him. And his wife is an absolute Angel straight from Heaven! < =)

Roses, it truly is a joy, I'm thankful.. and was even considering popping up there today, on my day off. HAA!!! Nooo, I have things to do at home today, LOL! =)

Drove up to Penn state last night for DD's weekend long volleyball tournament. Beautiful drive! Such a beautiful area. Miss my garden though! :-) I should probably be good and *not* look up area nurseries-- LOL

At Penn state's arboretum and found this expanse of geranium 'espresso'! Just imaging our gardens with it after a couple years! :-)

Thumbnail by CatMint20906
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

That is one of the plants that you all got from the Co-op? I wish I had gotten one of them. I don't think I even looked at it thinking I didn't need another hardy geranium, Boy I was wrong.

Holly I have some extra if you'd like some! :-)

Wow! Mine's not blooming yet, though. Is anyone seeing blooms on their Espresso?

I ran out of space for the oenothera but probably could have used another half a flat of Espresso. It just fits everywhere and goes with everything.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Yes, Holy would like some Espresso. LOL Oh, and so would I.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

We will continue here:

The end.

This message was edited May 25, 2014 2:43 PM

Thumbnail by Ric_of_MAF

try that again...

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Let's try this one. LOL

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1361897/

Okay got you down for a geranium Espresso Holly and Ric!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks so much Catmint.

SSG mine isn't blooming yet either.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.