Success with Philodendron warscewiczii and P stenolobum?

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

If you have grown these, I could use your help. Do's and Don'ts appreciated. I have had two small plants on my desk at work for 6 months. They seem to be well, but they seem to be slow growers. What soil, water, light, feeding, etc do they need to be ....SPECTACULAR ??

Any advice on ideal growing conditions would be appreciated. Thanks! =)

Portage, WI(Zone 5a)

Just off the top of my head when I here desk at work I conclude they are not getting enough light.

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

They are on top of a credenza, appx 3' foot from 4 bulb fluorescent ceiling fixture. I could move them to a south facing full sun window, but I would think they would burn. I water them 1-2 times weekly with filtered water with a pinch of MiracleGro and a few drops of SuperThrive. They are planted in a medium orchid mix with a little African violet soil tossed in for extra moisture. The lights are on for a 10-12 hour day. Room air temps in the 70's, but it is very dry. I also have a thriving Philodendron elegans there, so I felt like the new Philos would like it. I do notice an occasional fungus gnat, but those never more than one. I'm stumped.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.