DISCUSSION (continued) for seed swap on March 1

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I had my tonsils/adenoids take out when I was about 8, at 55 I went for carpal tunnel surgery and the anesthesiologist told me after I needed to be tested for sleep apnea. Test reviled I had sever sleep apnea. As it had gotten worse over a period of time I never realized that I was sleeping so badly. After being tested and fitted with a cpap, I realized it had probably been years since I had dreamed or had truly restful sleep. Even though I had my tonsils/adenoids removed when I was a child, it turns out I had so much excess tissue that upon relaxing, my throat collapses shut. The only option other than a cpap would be a Montgomery tracheotomy, I'm not exactly ready for that.
typwc, your daughter should be aware of that and you should watch for any further signs of apnea. Obesity may have nothing to do with it in this case but definitely would not help it at all.

Sorry I'm so off subject but I felt it was an important.

This message was edited Mar 19, 2014 12:23 PM

Parkville, MD(Zone 7b)

Thanks Ric! I'll definitely keep an eye on it. Fortunately, she's doing well right now. :) Glad you're finally getting good rest too!

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

hey, Ric, I have a cpap too! Got it in 1997, so a long time now. I definitely couldn't survive without it!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I swear I'm getting so conditioned to mine that it help me to fall asleep.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.