DISCUSSION (continued) for seed swap on March 1

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

THINK SPRING!

Here's the place to chat about seeds we have, seeds we're looking for, wishes we can fulfill, and so forth.

Remember to post on the main seed swap thread if you plan to come to the party, or if you'd like to participate via mail and need a "Seed Fairy." (We need Seed Fairy volunteers, too!)
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1350920/

We also have a thread for posting "HAVE" and "WANT" lists so that information doesn't get lost in chatter. Please post ONCE there, then edit your post as needed.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1347159/

Thumbnail by critterologist
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

thanks Jill!

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Joyanna's flower is perfect! Thanks for taking things in stride.

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

Sally,
I just realized I posted this on the old thread. If you still have some, I would like some of your Komatsuna and German Johnson tomato seeds. My daughter, who lives in Utah, is an avid vegetable gardener and loves unusual varieties. She has a very small plot, so probably would aim for maximum 10 of each plant.

Muddy- yay! happy to share!

Just occurred to me- my library is having a Master Gardener talk about container gardening on March 15. If there are seeds truly begging for a home, I can take some as giveaways to the hundreds who flock to this. (actually if thirty people attend we'll call it a huge success)

(moved this here from my accidental post on Haves and Wants!)

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

Hi. I'm thinking towards Saturday and joining you all about 5 pm at a restaurant in Frederick. Could someone please confirm the location for me (name and address of restaurant) so I can set my trusty GPS accordingly?

Looking forward to it! My daughter will be working on a social studies project with a friend and so can't come after all. SSG, you still have my bag of goodies, right? Thanks so much! :-)

Yes Camint, I still have yours and Speedie's sitting by the front door so I don't forget! Unfortunately, I need to leave right at 6, so I'll see you just for an hour!

It's supposed to be pretty chilly on Saturday. Will the caladiums be okay sitting in our cars in the parking lot for a few hours?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Although Terry has been backlogged & unable to change out the threads (I just asked again), there is a new seed swap thread for March 1 with all the details... See http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1350920/

Catmint, I'm looking forward to seeing you & your daughter!

I know Cat may not be the only person getting there a little late, and I want everybody to have a chance to get a good dinner! Donna (Chef Lin's owner/manager) has asked us to move into the party room in the back before the dinner "rush," so I figure we can take dessert with us if need be while we play our gift table game back there.

I'm still looking for gallon water/milk jugs but can't remember who I asked earlier. Catmint and Sally?

Parkville, MD(Zone 7b)

SSG, My daycare provider made an igloo out of milk jugs last year. She got most of her gallon jugs from Starbucks. Maybe you could ask your local one to save a few days' worth for you?

hi, SSG. I have two of them on my counter waiting for you! :-)

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

Ssg, I think I remember Gita saying she was bringing milk jugs for someone... perhaps it was her?

yes, my memory is also that it was Gita.

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Agree, but they were not milk jugs, but cider jugs.

I have two or three for you ssg. Do you need the lids? I have another with no lid.

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Sally, what time are you and Gita and Robin meeting up for trip to Frederick? Is there room for me? Is your hubby still going?

No lids needed!

great minds think alike- ! I just dmailed you, coleup; Yes and 1:30...
so Terry 3 or 4 from me.

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Must be something in the AA Co water!

LOL LOL

Mine are actually water jugs... ;-)

SSG, we produce empty gallon-size water jugs on a regular basis. How many would you like total? I'll bring you 2 of them today, two more in the making...

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I brought in our largest cooler to warm up, and add a few warm bricks from atop the coal stove. They stay warm forever.

Catmint, I'm not sure how many I'll need. Definitely at least 4. It depends on how many seeds I get today! :)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

SSG, the caladiums will be fine because I'm thinking we will distribute them at the swap. If you & Catmint could take charge of that, I'd appreciate it. You can collect $ envelopes, or they can be given to SallyG.

DPF is closing at 6 pm tonight, so no chance of having them hold plants for us to pick up afterward. I think it's very unlikely to actually freeze inside our cars, or to have roots get too cold...

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I'm home safe and sound. I had a great time seeing Y'all, but something was missing. Ah, it must have been Holly. I missed her as much as you did. Jill, a BIG Thank You and your little flower for hosting yet another successful gathering. David, sorry we didn't get to visit, next time we'll take time.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Sally, I always heard, great minds think alike, AND small trains run on the same track. titter, titter

hehhee. THIS small train Missed Holly, And forgot to stop at the station marked "Give the orchid to Ric"

Union Bridge, MD

It was great meeting so many interesting gardeners last Saturday! Elizabeth and I (newbie/Kathy/Myacher/) appreciated everyone welcoming us to your seed swap! We received some nice seeds and are excited to try our hand again with sowing seeds!
Thank you Jill for inviting me!
Thank you Gita for the coupon!
My handle is (Myacher) as everyone said it took awhile to find one that would work!

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

Welcome!

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi Kathy! I really enjoyed meeting and talking with you and Elizabeth. Glad to see you online to join in on the fun... Terri

Hi Kathy, nice to "meet" you! Sorry I didn't get to meet you at the seed swap, but hopefully it won't be long 'til I'll get a chance to attend another one of the wonderful Mid-Atlantic fests! Everyone here is really wonderful, huh?

Well, welcome to the family! =)

Hi Kathy, we didn't get to talk much this time but I hope to see you again at the next swap!

Hi Myacher- glad you found us!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Glad to see you here, Kathy! My Acre, oh my aching back... ROFL

Kathy is such a sweetheart... I lost my locker key at the Y (tied it to my bathing suit, not well enough apparently), and then the lock jammed when they tried to use the master key... 3 maintenance guys and 2 gals from the help desk, all taking turns jiggling the lock. She hung out just to make sure I didn't need a ride, she said, but really I think she was just staying for moral support! They finally took a hammer to the lock and popped it open. I hugged Kathy (would've hugged the maintenance guys too but not in my swimsuit & towel) and then raced off to pick up Joyanna at pre-K and get her to ballet!

Parkville, MD(Zone 7b)

Hi Kathy! Nice to "meet" you! Sorry I missed you at the swap. My 2yo had surgery the previous week and I had to take care of her. Come join our discussions on the other threads! :)
Karen

Typ, I hope your 2 yo is okay! My DD had surgery (tonsils/adenoids) when she was 3 and it was pretty miserable for a few weeks afterwards... :-(

Karen; how is your little one coming along? Doing better, I hope. At least she gets to enjoy ice cream more often with a good excuse reason! < =D

Parkville, MD(Zone 7b)

Yes, she has her tonsils/adenoids removed due to sleep apnea. She's doing great now, back to normal! She had a rough first week and then she refused to take her meds anymore so that was even worse. But she sleeps perfectly silently now. I'm so glad it's over.

Good for you for taking care of that, Typ! I had undiagnosed sleep apnea for most of my life--wasn't diagnosed till 1996 when I was almost 40. It has such an enormous impact on health. (Now I'm happy with my cpap machine.)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.