Climate Change

Vista, CA

Willy,

That is a pretty funny comment, but the article sounded to me like all the climate related facts had been lifted from other another person's work.

Only the last sentence sounded like it had been created or composed by a Financial Advisor.

Ernie

Sierra Vista, AZ(Zone 8b)

drobarr--I read the report you pasted above, but I cannot find anything on "Unit Economics".

Hummelstown, PA(Zone 6b)

Nobody can predict the future. Not even 97% of climate scientists. Well actually anyone can predict it...but its only luck if they get it right. Since temperatures have historically gone up and down and up and down it is bad science to say they will only go up in my scientific opinion.

Facts in the article are checking out.

Very interesting that the markets are predicting cold over the next 20 years.

This message was edited Apr 3, 2014 5:40 PM

Vista, CA

Willly, I found this on Google
Ernie

Unit Economics is a Boston-based independent research firm. We provide
institutional investors with insightful research on small and mid cap equity securities.
We believe successful investing is no accident - it comes only with experience, a
commitment to excellence and hard work.

Our innovative approach focuses on the ‘Unit Economics’ of the companies we
analyze. We believe that there are important insights to be gained by combining
our proprietary financial modeling techniques with frequent management interaction
and intensive industry research. Earnings are the main driver of share prices in the
long term and we pride ourselves on the accuracy of our earnings estimates and
analysis.

Unit Economics strives for excellence at both the individual and organizational
level, and toward that end, we have created a rare learning environment. We expose
our employees to the challenges of publishing sell-side research. At the same
time, we are developing trading and portfolio management skills through our
focus on maximizing the real-world investment returns of our clients.

Leadership

Senior Analyst and company founder, Nathan Weiss, was the author of The
WeissReport, a monthly newsletter focused on risk arbitrage and market neutral
strategies from 1998 to 2000. From 2000 to 2006 Mr. Weiss was a generalist
analyst and portfolio manager at Noble Partners, contributing significantly to their
outstanding returns.

Mr. Weiss holds a Master of Science in Investment Management from Boston
University and a BBA in Business Administration from the University of Iowa.

Vista, CA

Willy,
Here is the link. It just sounds like another Stock research firm, so they do not do the original work, they just gather it together.

Ernie

http://uniteconomics.com/Methodology.html

Hummelstown, PA(Zone 6b)

What has caused these huge historical variations in climate? And how can we be sure that CO2 is the cause in some of the most recent warming events that have been observed.

I think the sun and its variations has more impact on our climate here...it is where heat originates from and it just makes sense that as it varies so our temperatures and climate on earth would vary.

A good scientist is skeptical until you have verified experiments that are repeatable.

If CO2 supposedly traps heat or absorbs heat by preventing it from escaping back in space according to the greenhouse effect...why doesnt it prevent or trap heat on its way in?

Vista, CA

Businessmen need to be skeptical of everything until they find some FACTS they can bet their money on, or they will not survive long enough to become Old Businessmen.

So, I prefer actual facts, knowing the future will not be identical, to a whole new scenario where none of it might be correct. That is the reason i prefer the Article from Mulder, i belive his name was, that quoted facts from research, and the article posted by Drobarr, instead of the CNN article that quoted hyperbole and dire predictions of the future mostly.

Ernie

Hummelstown, PA(Zone 6b)

I started a new thread this one was getting too long....

Go to: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1355326/

Sierra Vista, AZ(Zone 8b)

Because coming in, it's light in the form of photons--not subject to the green house effect--going "out" it's IR and CO2 is somewhat opaque to IR.

I do think the fact that CO2 (and water vapor and methane) is a green house gas is undisputed. As one of Ridley's op-eds noted, it's whether or not CO2 acts "alone" or works in concert with other effects to create positive feedback that is questioned by some.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.