Bridal Wreath Spirea

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

I have a friend who is looking for some Bridal Wreath Spirea, and having a difficult time finding any. Here in WA they should grow well, but none of our nurseries seem to have them. One I asked didn't even seem to know what is is- the golden spirea is all over the place here- landscapers stick them in every new yard! The only source I have found is Burgess , so she may have to go there.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

I have received Spiarea Van Houtte (bridawreath), from Burgess in the past. Yes they are small ish but will grow into big beautiful bushes in no time and ya just can't beat the price... If you go to their website or that of Direct Gardening (both companies are related). They have 2 sizes I believe. I've ordered rom them personally and was very satisied.

Also can be found from Gurney's Seed and Nurdery and or HenryFeilds Nursery. Both have .com addresses or catalogs..

There is also a newer variety of Spiarea that is called Rennisance (sp?). Not sure but I'm thinking the new one is suppose to have more blooms. Only reason I know there are two types is I bought the latter at like Home Depot or Lowes thinking it was the regulare Bridal Wreath and upon reading the tag found out there is a difference....hope it's not too noticeable as I have them at they entry of my garden. One on each side of the main path, at both ends. Eventually they will grow into the Lilacs that I've planted to surroound my garden (which in time will keep the deer out cuz they won't be able to see over them). Garden is 45ft wide by 100 ft long..Should make a really nice garden room when everything has matured. Kathy

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Saint Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

Kathy, such a wide-open space to work with!
I'm relieved it's not mine - I need the limits of my yard to keep my inevitable wintertime delusions of 'grand gardening' reined in.
By the way, Burgess's rating on garden watchdog is pretty dismal... might be worth considering... surely there are many other mail order sources for bridal wreath spirea.
I saw them listed at Forest Farm, Lazy S, and Sooner Plant Farm,
all three of which have very favorable ratings on Garden Watchdog,
though there are so many variations on the names of these bridal wreath spireas,
I don't know for sure if these are exactly the same plants or not.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Ya, I found alot of negative info on them also AFTER I ordered from them. What I did get was for the most part in really good shape. Anything I had a problem with they were quick to replace. What more could you ask for from a company?! Like I say the price was right for my budget.

Yes, there's alot of open space, gives me room to create to my hearts content...Just what I wanted when I moved here. Open space to paint from my pallet. An "English Cottage" garden which is not only Americanized but Coloradoized.... (Specific plants that will exist and thrive in my high altitude semi desert garden). I live at approximately 6800-6900 ft high along the East side of the Rocky Mountains, south of Denver where our average yearly moisture is only approx. 16-17" of rain and melted snow. (That's more than 1 mile above sealevel. ) So the challenges are many. wind rain hail, deer and other critters, forest fires (last summer I was within 5miles of being evacuated because of forest fires just south of me ...out here in the open spaces of the country that's close!). I grow most things from seed and buy plants (trees and shrubs) small and cheap when possible!!! LOL....and I love it all. To be able to see Hawks flying above and the fox run up the road....ya just can't get that in the middle of a city.. But I'ld be glad to share the Skunk that visited me last summer, darn thing sprayed the front porch and I still smell it ocassionaly...even this winter it wafts it's delights (lol) on a warm day.. Yup, the country life, nothing better!!!! Kathy

If you look closely at the pix, there are 3 baby raccoons and a mama climbing up a post on the corner of the front porch, how often do you get in the city? LOL...

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Lake Stevens, WA(Zone 8a)

Hi Jo- ForestFarm in Oregon has Bridal Wreath Spirea. You can mail order little ones for just $10, or bigger pots if you are willing to pay the shipping! They have a zillion other Spirea varieties too, so beware you might end up with a collection. ForestFarm has rave reviews, and I have found them to be a great company to deal with.

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

thanks- I will try ForestFarm

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.