Perennials: Bridal Wreath Spirea, 1 by warriorswisdomkathy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright warriorswisdomkathy

In reply to: Bridal Wreath Spirea

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Bridal Wreath Spirea
warriorswisdomkathy wrote:
I have received Spiarea Van Houtte (bridawreath), from Burgess in the past. Yes they are small ish but will grow into big beautiful bushes in no time and ya just can't beat the price... If you go to their website or that of Direct Gardening (both companies are related). They have 2 sizes I believe. I've ordered rom them personally and was very satisied.

Also can be found from Gurney's Seed and Nurdery and or HenryFeilds Nursery. Both have .com addresses or catalogs..

There is also a newer variety of Spiarea that is called Rennisance (sp?). Not sure but I'm thinking the new one is suppose to have more blooms. Only reason I know there are two types is I bought the latter at like Home Depot or Lowes thinking it was the regulare Bridal Wreath and upon reading the tag found out there is a difference....hope it's not too noticeable as I have them at they entry of my garden. One on each side of the main path, at both ends. Eventually they will grow into the Lilacs that I've planted to surroound my garden (which in time will keep the deer out cuz they won't be able to see over them). Garden is 45ft wide by 100 ft long..Should make a really nice garden room when everything has matured. Kathy