Florida Red Ruffle: 2 bags of 10
Florida Sweetheart: 1 bag of 10
Lance Whorton: 2 bags of 10
Mixed Fancy Leaf: 1 bag of 10
White Christmas: 1 bag of 10
White Queen: 1 bag of 10

Anyone else?

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

Camint, a 25 bag of Lance Whorton is actually cheaper than 2 10-count bags.

I don't mind going up to 15 of LW if that helps us get to 25.

Same with FL Red Ruffle.

SSG, you are totally right! If we can get 5 more each of LW and Red Ruffle, then we can get a 25-bulb bag, cheaper overall! :-)

Yehudith, can you confirm that you want 100 of the Florida Elise? Did you mean 10?

thanks,
Catmint

Central, MD(Zone 7a)

Catmint,

I think I have another add on. I will let you know ASAP.

Central, MD(Zone 7a)

To echo ssg, I could do the same on mine.

silver spring, MD(Zone 7a)

No, no. I meant 100. I'm thinking of more colors so hurry up and end this thing!!!!

Yehudith

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

That's a lot of 1 variety! It'll make a "sea" of color, for sure. If you're looking at other colors, well, if you order 25 of 4 varieties you'd have 100. Then again, imagine the impact if you ordered 400! :-)

I like that Catmint is keeping the sale open until the 25th. As more people learn about the seed swap, I think we'll have more participants in the group buy, and prices will get cheaper for everybody.

We'll have to check with Bill to see if we can order 60 bulbs, for example, and get the per-50 discounted price per bulb. That's often the way it works, but I'd want to be sure.

thanks, SSG and Terp! Which of you should I put the 5 additional LW down for, to bring it to a 25-bulb bag? Either of you interested in 5 of the Red Ruffle, to bring that one to a 25-bulb bag, too?

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Can we get to 100 on Gingerland? We're at 75 now -- it would really reduce the price. I can go up on my order, and Terp offered to buy another 5.

Central, MD(Zone 7a)

I will fall on the 5 LW and I did say I could take another 5 gingerland. I can always give them away.

hi, Happy. Yes, it reduces the price from $1.07 per bulb to $.88 a bulb, a cost savings of $.19 per bulb. So, if you are currently down for 10 Gingerland bulbs, then your out of pocket cost is $10.70, or $1.07 per bulb. If you buy 5 more for a total of 15 bulbs in order to contribute to a lower per unit cost, and we get the 100-bulb bag, then your out of pocket cost would be $13.70, or $.88 per bulb.

It is up to you Gingerland-desiring guys! :-)

Got it, Terp! You're now down for 10 Gingerland total.

Happy, let me know how many more you want to get the bag to 100.

Terp, you're a good man! I'll put you down for 5 more of the Lance Whorton, so we now have a 25-bulb bag of LW.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Well, I might as well try five GIngerland too.

You got it, Sally!

We are now at 85 Gingerland bulbs.

I can go to o15 for FL Red Ruffle if Donner and Camint aren't interested in their total.

I'm maxed out on Gingerland!

thanks, SSG! I'm fine with my count. Let's wait and see what Donner--or others--might have to say about the Red Ruffle.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'd like 5 'Red Ruffle', please. It's OK to have our total at 30; who knows, it might be 50 by the end of the week. :-) Also, I can add more Gingerland, but I'll want more 'Lance Wharton' to go with them. I'll start by adding 5 of each but could add more if needed to make quantity discounts... I'll check in on the numbers at the end of the week!

So, please ADD to my order

5 Florida Red Ruffle
5 Gingerland (new total of 20)
5 Lance Wharton (new total of 10)

This message was edited Jan 12, 2014 8:22 PM

LOL, Critter, I can already see your garage bulging with the bulbs... ;-) I'll put you down for 5 of the Red Ruffle.

SSG, can you confirm whether you still want 5 more (total of 15)?

Catmint, that was just to get us to 25. So I'm okay at 10!

thanks, SSG and Critter! We are now at one 25-bulb bag for the Red Ruffle.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I think I'll stand put on the 25 Gingerland, and just hope we can get some other orders to bring us to 100. It is a gorgeous one, but I don't see how I can use more than 25, and it breaks my rule to only buy perennials!

thanks, Critter. I got you down for the totals of 20 Gingerland and 10 LW. You want 5 total for Red Ruffle, right?

Happy, I totally understand and I admire your restraint with the Gingerland. Currently, the order is at 90 bulbs.

This message was edited Jan 13, 2014 6:41 AM

Robin do you feel like an auctioneer? chuckle

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Or a caladiator ?

You sure have the knack!

Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

I am flexible with the numbers.

Caladiator HAHA!
Its a Caladipalooza !!

Llol-- you guys crack me up!

Central, MD(Zone 7a)

OK. Can you add a 3# mixed bag of bulbs for me.

And I'm done..

Catmint, I'll go down to 5 bulbs for Lance Whorton so we can get the 25 bag. I'm good with 5 since I ended up getting 15 of Gingerland.

Also, I just did some quick math, and no matter what we save money by getting the 100 bag of Gingerland, since it's so much cheaper than any combination that gets us to 90. :)

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I know (on Gingerland), and I'll get the extra 10 tubers if need be.

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

Speaking of saving $$ (Ss)... was thinking of this the other day when chatting with Jill... Were I to buy my bulbs at work (after waiting FOREVER for them to become available);
1: I would not even get anything NEAR as nice as these are (no special varieties)
2: They would be $4.80 (after my discount) EACH BULB!!!!! Talk about a savings!!!!

No matter what bulk rate we get with Bill, the price per bulb is still phenomenal, especially considering what we're getting for our money.

I've got my money tucked aside with your name on it Cat, and it's just ITCHING to get into your hands!! < =D

SSG, Terp, and Happy: got your changes down! thanks, all!

We now have:
Gingerland: 100
Joyner: 10
Elise: 100
Red Ruffle: 25
Sweetheart: 10
LW: 25
Mixed Fancy Leaf: 10
White Christmas: 10
White Queen: 10
Mixed: 3#

Should we place the order early? I get the idea people are pretty much done.

Thanks, all!

I know I'm done; I'd say yes.

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

I'm done, I vote "yes" also, please.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'd vote no, since I think more people will find this thread as they decide to come the swap. also, I might be adding more on behalf of my brother, Martina, MIL, etc. I don't think it will hurt to keep it open... if you're done, just "Unwatch."

Cat, could you Dmail estimated totals to those who want to finish & pay? Prices might go a bit lower, but I don't think they'll be higher (discount should about pay for shipping , although I'll ask Bill about that; maybe we can get free shipping instead of the 10% discount so we'd know costs for sure)

Let's assume we're ordering 100 Gingerland. If nobody else joins us, I'll take the last 10, so no worries.

I'll be placing the order with my CC, so payments go to me, please. At the swap is fine for orders under $50. Otherwise, please add 30 cents and then add 3% to pay via Paypal to critterologist@comcast.net.

SSG, once we're at 25, Bill is giving us that price per bulb until we get to 50, so if you want those LW that's fine.

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Maybe you could check with Bill and order in the amounts already spoken for and then inquire about adding others or upping amounts and what the his deadline would be for additions?

Some people don't make up their minds or see this opportunity for awhile after it is posted and then take a while to respond.

Let me know if you'd like me to send a group blast saying something like 'Last Week to order Caladiums as a group'

Congratulations!!!

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Ha, cross posted Critter

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I think it's probably easier for Bill if we just place our order once. Pretty sure he won't be selling out of anything this early in the season. :-)

I'd rather not have folks who find the swap thread later feel like only "insiders" got to participate in the buy.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.