So....WHO'S EXCITED FOR SPRING!?!?!?!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Yes--all the people there will be from different HD's and get paid for it--
along with mileage and time.
Not sure my knowledge will "stand out'--as all the people there will be garden
associates. I'm just the one who will be asking a lot of questions..
Not too much time for discussions or chatting with these presentations...
they are on a strict time-frame of rotations...maybe 1/2 hr. each class...

Of course--all the big-shots will float around there as well...
Just making an "appearance"....I'll get to see some of my old Mgrs.

I will get my maps out to see just how to go there. I had one from the last time,
but cannot find it...Will Google bell Nursery and look for a map.
It is just outside Elkridge--my friends used to live there--been there..
I remember taking Exit #1 off of the main Rd.

Gonna be a VERY cold day there--as the warehouse is the size of a HD and
NOT too heated for comfort...

Will show you some pictures later...Gita

Gotta go shovel snow...my house faces North--and nothing melts when the sun comes out...

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

Wow Gita, that sounds like a great time you're gonna have! I would love to go to one of those shows... maybe I'll get to in the foreseeable future! =) Looking forward to hear what you get to learn about (product-wise), and REALLY looking forward to the pics.

Please do be careful, ok? XOXOXOX

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I started some seeds in the GH today, mostly broccoli, cabbage, and salad greens. I hope to have a cold frame set up to move some of them to in the garden. I also started a few tomatoes, I want to try container growing some in the GH over summer, it should work with the shade cloth on, as it's cooler in there and allow me to control the blight, bugs, feed, and watering. I still have cuttings from Persian shied and Lantana I moved to the heat mat as well to help stimulate some growth.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Ric's getting busy!
Birds are starting to sing like spring

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Thank God what a beautiful day!!! I have the windows thrown open, the beds stripped and misted with Lavender, and the blankets and pillows out in the sun. Next I have to clean and plant something. Jr is here for part of the weekend and Gram's is so excited. She's out giving him the nickel tour and enlisting his aid in a few chores. The fresh WARM air feels sooooo good swirling through the house.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

AMEN to that!!!!!

Aaaaah, all Lavender scented and everything - sounds wonderful!! You're right, it sure has been a gorgeous Springy day!! =)

Warrenton, VA

I am fortunate, SO FORTUNATE, to have an old house that LIKES VERY MUCH to be opened up, so I understand your joy! I, too, have some seeds that have come up in my GREAT two-tier seed starting cabinet. The stragglers are my old-fashined Larkspur. My tomatoes, peppers, Red Weathersford long-dy onions (Thomas Jefferson grew them, I did last year, and they were WONDERFUL), and others, are about 3" tall now and have their second set of leaves. Time to fertilize them!
Growing, planting, and harvesting is just the BEST THING IN THE WORLD. Especially when your clothes are out on the line, and your house is opened up....and your lavender is coming up!

Good morning Gracye, and thank you! All those lovely descriptions you just shared have refreshed and renewed my mind this morning, and make me feel Springy!! =)

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Wonderful word pictures, gracye!!! Breathe in deep and out. Delightful!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.