Help me to ID this grass with round blades

Grand Rapids, MI(Zone 5a)

Well I think they are round anyway. Plant is a few years old and I do not recall what it is. Blades are maybe 18 inches long. I think it is evergreen here in Z.5. I need to move it to a spot where it is not so crowded, and where it will not flop over on the lawn.

Thumbnail by JoniJumpUp
Keaau, HI

If blades are round, maybe a Juncus.

Can you show close-ups of the plant?

Grand Rapids, MI(Zone 5a)

Wow, that is it Metrosideros, thanks so much. I was not too helpful in the description, I just checked and the blades are about 36 inches long, not 18 inches as I mentioned, and they are round, about 1/8" at the base, and with some pith in the center. I had googled 'round grass blades" etc at length and could not come up with Rushes.

I did not know what Juncus was so had to look it up and found that it is a pond plant, that did it. In 2008 I tried to have a little pond for one year, so I went back in my records and there it was, Blue Rush, "Blue Arrows". And my growth matches what the tag suggested in the way of Zone 5 and plant height 36", but the descriptions here on Dave's Garden in plant files differ, Zone 7 and 24". Well, I know what it is, but I still do not know quite where to move it. I have a new sprinkler system so that should help to keep it happy.

Keaau, HI

You're very welcome!

Aloha

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.